Game Information

Dave's running 4E!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Game Information

Postby Laharl » Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 pm

Welcome to 4E!

Races:
PHB

Abilities:
Standard Array

Level:

Everything else:
See PHB, it should be covered (100 GP for everyone is now standard)

Backstory:
I want a decent backstory for your characters, preferably with hooks in case I get bitten by the DM bug and want to continue this after the precon. Also, you're all starting in a town called Driscol, so get yourselves there. No novels needed or wanted, this is still a precon, but give me a paragraph or so since PBP favors RP anyway.

Players:
I'd like 4 or 5, if I can't get that many, one DMPC may be added to make my life easier rather than have to scale the encounters.

See below post for what to do with sheets.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Laharl

Re: Game Information

Postby Laharl » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:30 pm

Looks like this game will be play-by-post, as people don't have enough time (myself included!) to run it over AIM. Please use the 4E sheets at or Marty's PDF sheet when it's ready, though I'd prefer the MW sheets since our profiler doesn't have sheets for 4E yet (and is annoying). Yes, you do have to register there, but it's a great PBP site anyway. Keep a text copy of your sheet in case they break it again (happened earlier this week as they were testing the sheet). Post links in the character thread rather than full sheets. If you go with the PDF, I want it uploaded as an attachment to your post or, if you feel you must, UL'd to the FTP server. Thank you. Judson, I do expect you to move your sheet over.

Once the game starts (6/16 is my goal, if your sheet isn't in, I expect a damn good reason why), I'd like posting at as fast a rate as you can manage. My hope is for daily postings from as many people as possible. Before anyone says PBP doesn't move that fast, a) it's summer, b) I know my work filter doesn't block these boards or MW, and c) MW does games that require multiple daily posts. I figure you guys can manage once a day most days, since 4E combat in PBP is likely to be even slower than 3.5 because more monsters and PCs have interrupt or reaction abilities.

I've also clarified a couple things in the initial post in this thread.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:55 pm

ADVICE: Use the MW Sheets. Faster, and less impact on our box.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:14 pm

One week to the deadline, get those sheets in!

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:36 am

Out of curiosity, how did our characters meet each other?
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:31 pm

Up to you guys, really. Under the circumstances (PBP), it'd be easier if you guys hash that out before we start to save time.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:30 am

Update: As this is a PBP game, and thus slow as molasses by nature, I've decided to change things around a little bit to try and speed combat up. When all the monsters are on the same initiative, combat will flow as follows: PCs, monsters, PCs, monsters. I do not care what actual initiative you rolled, after the first round settles and we get into blocks, that's what matters. Your actions will resolve as you post them. When the monsters are not all on the same initiative, combat will still flow in chunks, but rather than the entire party going at once, it will be whichever chunk of PCs is up at that time.

Out of combat (there's a section coming up soon where you will have to RP) will unfortunately crawl. There's not much I can do about it but request that you please, please post as often as possible.

Return to “Keep on the Shadowfell”