-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: The Story so far...

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:48 am

Spot check: 50-10 = 40

Faina also calls Strelka over and stores him into her Belt before something bad may happen in these rough seas... at least she can help herself better if she's blown away than she could help the large Hippogriff.
(Belt of Many Pocket [CArc], may store familiars of any size and keep them in)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:19 am

Natural 20 for a total of 11 HAHAHA.

Alexuis mutters to himself (not that anyone will notice or hear in this storm) "Hmmm... things should be getting fun soon." He then shouts to Tanhauser "KEEP A FIRM HAND ON THAT WHEEL! SOMETHING CHAOTIC IS COMING! HERE COMES THE INTERESTING PART!"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:01 pm

Spot:
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:28 pm

(Scott: You don't need to post your spot result. Just roll, then see the chart below).
It was incredibly hard to see much of anything through chaos of the storm, as the ship was beginning to be put back and forth at a horribly unsteady base. Then, out of nowhere, Faina spotted something rather strange, a swirling mass of air and water, very similar in look to a small tornado, surging towards the 'Wyvern. She could barely get out a "Look out!" before it slammed into front right of the ship, and proceeded to sweep across the deck.

(Spot Results:
20+: Immediate move action to get to cover.
10-19: Strength, then a Reflex save
9-: Strength check
Alexius is unaffected)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:54 pm

Spot check: 18+13-10=21. Move action for cover.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Str: 12
Ref: 22

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:32 pm

(SHIT!SHIT!SHIT!)
Str: (AP Burn: ) -> Final Roll: 12
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Str Check: 17
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:51 am

The whirlwind tore across the ship, picking up loose rigging, random objects, and sailor alike. Perhaps the sailors in the rigging were fortunate as they seemed to be largely missed by it. One sailor, who had almost climbed back down was less fortunate. The whirlwind, having picked up a number of objects, blew past him, lodging a broken plank straight into his side, and tearing him violently from the lines, his arm breaking with a sickening crunch as he was pulled from the rigging and into the sea.

A few of the sailors on the deck managed to reach cover in time before being blasted themselves, but most did not, as the whirlwind rushed by, assaulting the crew with the objects it had picked up, and threatening to launch them overboard. (Anton takes 6 bludgeoning and is prone, Devlon takes 7 bludgeoning) In the chaos that erupted, another sailor, and Sarelani were also hurled overboard.

Tanhauser, who was at the helm, and focusing on the approaching waves, did not manage to look up in time. The whirlwind blasted by him, smashing the random objects into his form (11 bludgeoning), and launching him off the boat and into the stormy sea.

In the aftermath, the crew quickly, albeit shakily, scrambled to get lines down into the water for those who had fallen. Faerlan, having cast a fly spell earlier, immediately rushed off after his daughter, while Niles rushed to stop the helm from spinning out of control. Though, try as he could, the mage's grip just wasn't tight enough, and the wheel continued to spin, flipping him up just in time to close-lined by the aft-sail frame. He hit the stern deck, out cold.

Yet, through all of the havoc, Alexius seemed strangely unaffected...
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:01 am

"Hmm... time to give Tan a hand in the ship movement." He then moves up toward the helm and tries to grab the wheel to steady the ship, so that the crew help take care of each other.

Str Check:

"TAN! GET YOUR ASS BACK UP HERE WHILE I HOLD THIS STEADY!"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:14 am

Anton hauls himself back up, then goes to help Alexius with the wheel. (Str check: 1+4=5...)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:18 am

As the crewmen begin to get hurled overboard, Faina casts Wave's Blessing [Storm]( immediate action, multi-targeting, up to 10 targets within 30ft of each other, effect: they don't sink due to turbulence, weight, etc/etc, unless they're dragged down by another creature ), targeting Tan and as many of the crewmen around him as possible.

"Hey Tann, you alright ? Need a hand back on ?"

In the meantime, Faina rushes to give Alexius a hand in bringing the helm back under control:
STR: 18
If we get the wheel back under control, Faina tells the others "I'll take this care of this until Tann or Faerlan gets back around here."
Prof(Sailor): 22

DM: By the time Faina gets to the helm, two other people (Alexius and Anton) are already holding on for dear life. Between the two of them, she's not able to get hold of the wheel. Though, it has stopped spinning, at least.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:35 am

Having avoided getting tossed overboard, Francis grabs a nearby rope and calls out to anybody nearby who's even remotely still on his feet. "Here, somebody help me get these guys back aboard!"

"Damn orc," he mutters as he looks at the stump where his arm used to be. "Even in death the little witch screws me over."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:07 pm

Question1: is the ship 100ft. long or less?
Question 2: what is the windspeed roughly? is it like 50-60 MPH, or closer to like 20-30?

Also: Knowledge checks to notice anything else strange about the storm or why it isn't affecting Alexius:
Arcana:
The Planes:
Psionics:

DM: Alexius can feel something chaotic feeding this storm. He's certain its not him, but the fact that his eyes are beginning to glow slightly is making some of the crew uneasy. Taking a moment to watch storm, he remembers reading a passage in a book long ago about the Abyss, and a particularly stormy sea nearby.

You don't know how long the ship is, and you're not sure about the wind (maybe ~25mph)
(|)
(|)

Return to “Savage Tides”