The Story so far...

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: The Story so far...

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:01 am

Despite the chaos from the whirlwind, the ship's crew handled it surprisingly well. Anton and Alexius were able to get the wheel to stop spinning in time for Faina to get the ship back in order. Meanwhile, a few other sailors got behind Franics, holding the rope as he prepared to toss it to one of the sailors who were tossed overboard.

Bolstered by Fain's spell, the crew in the water began trying to swim back towards the ship, not with much success. Farelan disappeared sight after he left the ship: no sign from his daughter either; and the captain, apparently overwhelmed, took no actions.

(I need the following:
Spot from Faina, Anton, and Alexius
Spot from Francis)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 am

(Spot: 21)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:06 am

( Spot check: 44 )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:42 am

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:38 pm

11+13=24

DM: You see one of the sailors in the water. Roll ranged touch.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Tannhauser's swims his way back to the surface to get his bearings and begins to swim towards the ship looking for any of his crew that need help getting back.

(15' swim speed)
(swim check (if needed): (shield isn't being carried))
(spot check to look for crew (if possible/needed): )
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:26 pm

Anton lets go of the wheel in order to let Faina take control. "All yours, ma'am." He then goes to assist Francis with pulling the crew back on board. (Spot 21 to locate crew members if necessary, Str check 15 (could be an aid another) to pull if he's already hooked one).

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Alexius seems to be lost in concentration as he moves to the nearest stable piece of the ship (where the helm attatches to the deck, or the nearest mast, something big to hold onto). Suddenly the winds around the Sea Wyvern die down to almost nothing (ideally, this will also calm the waters near the ship, making it easier for the crew to get everything under control again)

Control Air using 8PP to reduce the windspeed by up to 60mph (if windspeed<60, windspeed=0 else, windspeed -=60) Target: 50ft. radius centered on the middle of the ship.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:57 pm

(Ranged touch attack: 25)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:41 am

In the chaos of the storm, both Anton and Faina notice massive wall of sea water forming and surging towards the port side the of the ship, moving at least fifty miles per hour. To the starboard, Faina also notices that the sea is dropping down as another wave is moving away, but nonetheless pulling the 'Wyvern down into the surging wave. Instinctively, Faina attempts to get the ship turned so the front breaches the oncoming wave, but to her dismay the ship fails to respond to the wheel. It was only then, in that instant that her and Anton realized that, for some unexplainable reason, the ship wasn't moving...

Meanwhile:

Francis, despite his disability, manages to throw the rope directly to one of the sailors, who graps and holds on for dear life. Upon feeling the tightening the line, the crew lined up behind Francis begin to pull him in. Francis and Anton also manage to catch sight of the the other crewman who had fallen overboard.

Tann had nearly made is back to the ship, only to be pulled back away. If not for his superior swimming skills, he would probably be in the undercurrent. Luckily, the same forces that pulled him back, also pulled ship along with him. (Current location, 15ft from the ship).

No sine of Faerlan or his daughter...

Active Characters:

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:47 am

Anton freezes for a second, hypnotized by the sheer size of the wall of water, before screaming "By the Nine Hells that wave is huge! Brace yourselves!" and grabbing onto the most secure thing he can find.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:59 am

Alexius looks at the oncoming wave, and with a look of surprise andjusts his control of the wind to be centered 50ft. away from the boat towards the wave, increasing the base windspeed by 60 and angling it as close to head on against the wave as he can (max change of 90 degrees)
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:18 am

Faina stares at the wall of water for a second "Holy..." before her brain jumpstarted again. Locking her elbow around the helm, she quickly takes out a Scroll (Wall of Force) from her other hand and completes the spell (CL check: 23), projecting a 90x10ft Wall of Force at a slanted angle towards the wave, shielding herself at the helm, the concentrating Alexius, the unconscious Niles, and as many of the other crew members as she can cover (particularly Francis). She slows down the completion just a second to make sure everyone was getting to their final locations before it cast, but makes certain it's definitely before the wave is close enough to possibly obstruct the spell.

Concentration Check (2AP reroll): 32

For estimating the waves and best position to put up wall:
Spot: 40
Wisdom: 25
Intelligence: 19

As soon as the spell finishes, Faina grabs the helm (and not just the wheel) as firmly as possible to brace of the impact...

Profession(Sailor): 19 (+6 bonus below = 25)

( Furthermore, my Stormrunner's Ward [Storm] should still be active on the ship, granting it a +6 bonus to severe weather sailing checks, foundering checks, and capsizing checks - it's resistance against storm damage ).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:46 pm

(I'm just going to go ahead and update. Granted Tann and Francis haven't gone, but their actions are fairly predictable. If I'm I'm wrong in my assumptions, then Marty or Scott may freely PM me with the changes they wish to make. At any rate...)

Through the miracles of magic, Faina's actions appear to halt much of the damage that could have been wrought, as a large percentage of the wave harmlessly slammed into the Wall of Force. Much water managed to roll over the wall and fall to the deck, but it was nothing the sailors hadn't seen before. What the spells did not stop was the undercurrent, which surged as the remainder of the wave passed around the ship, dragging the the remaining sailor in the water away from the ship and into the wave that was surging away from the 'Wyvern...

Meanwhile, on the deck, Francis, Anton, and two other sailors finish pulling one of the sailors up to the deck, who, despite a broken arm and a bit of decking jabbed in his side, managed to breath, and curse. Tann, after an exhaustive battle with the current, manages to swim to the ship before the surge hits the undercurrent, grab a loose line, and begin to climb.

The storm, overall, has continued to worsen, as walls of water can be seen crashing into each other in erratic patterns which every stroke of lightning. Yet, as the ship rose up from the chaos of the previous wave, a sudden, and eerie calm fell over the waters, as the clouds above them thinned slightly (Alexius' eyes stop glowing). A short respite had been granted. Yet, even from here the crew could see the epicenter of of the storm of to the West, a great swirling mass of lightning and storm (spot checks, everyone but Marty) with wave that looked far fiercer than one they had just bested.

It was then that Faina detected a ship, Undaunted, up ahead. The ship was moving slow, and she could sense that the vessel had not fared well against the sea. Were the ship in better condition, she thought it would intercept them if they continued their present course, but it was slowing.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Faina lets out a breath of relief as the tidal wave passed... at least they got out with minimum damage and casualties, and that was the best one could hope to do.

( Spot: 49 )
To see if I can figure out anything peculiar about those storms and waves ahead:
( Know[nature]: 22 )
( Know[arcana]: 18 )

( Btw Drew, just for future preferences - I can't really tell details on ships like name unless I see them, which I doubt is the case here. So at extra long range, I just detect they're there... )
( once I do see that ship though - using Detect Ship to figure out what's the weaponry onboard said vessel. Prof[sailor] check 19 passes ).

Faina: "Looks like we're not the only poor souls out here. There's another ship out there, close to the storm."
|

()

Return to “Savage Tides”