The Story so far...

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: The Story so far...

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:53 pm

After concentrating on reading the enemy ship's stats through her spell, Faina looks around and informs Tann and the crew from the helm.

"Definitely a warship, it's heavily armed with eight light and two heavy bombards. Named the 'King's Saber', sounds more like a warship of a legitimate government than some pirate, good chance it's the Galtherian navy's thinking we're a pirate vessel. I suggest we stay clear of them to avoid any unpleasantries or misunderstandings that may arise... they're too slow to catch us at their current speed."

Attempt to figure out what's wrong with the storm:
Spot check: 41
Know[arc]: 27
Know[geo]: 19
Know[nat]: 31
and how far is it?
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:06 pm

After a few moments, it becomes clear that the Kings's Saber isn't going to be able to give chase, as it proceeds to alter its course and head for Galtherion territory. The Storm, however, seemed to be getting worse. There was something wrong with the storm, something unnatural, perhaps even otherworldly. The strangest thing of all that occurred to Faina, was that the storm appeared to be worsening at the same rate that the 'Wyvern grew closer.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:49 am

"Can somebody tell me what is wrong with the storm? Should it be getting worse that quickly?" Tannhasuer asked from his position at the wheel.

(I'm under the presumption that the storm is visibly getting worse to the non Know (Nature) trained eye)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:17 am

The ship pressed on, and the storm intensified further. Though they were still miles from even the outer reaches of it, they could hear the thunder as though they were in the very center of it. As the storm neared, the crew of the Wyvern could began to see the lighting, splitting striking out in all directions, as though fueled by some unearthly chaotic wrath. Occasionally, there would be bursts of light, followed by crackling lightning spreading out from its source, before fading into the havoc of the stormclouds.

(Know: The Planes check)

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 am

(15 untrained)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am

(Sorry Dave, I don't do untrained checks)

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:56 am

Knowledge (The Planes): 28
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:08 am

Devlan is 90% certain that the 'Wyvern is about to sail headlong into what is known as a Planar Storm. Few enough people understand that their other Planes of Existence, and an even smaller number know that, occasionally, different planes form "bridges" between themselves, allowing a portion of one plane to move into the other. In the case before him, Devlan believes that the "Planar Breach" is a result of a connection with the Abyss, based on the tenacity, and random nature of the storm. Furthermore, he believes that its more than likely that aside from the obvious dangers, they are likely encounter some aquatic abyssal horrors.

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:32 pm

As the massive storm looms large and larger in front of the Wyvern, Devlan speaks up. Although he is addressing Tannhauser, he makes sure that the whole crew can hear.

"I finally recognized what is wrong with the storm. Its a Planar Storm, and most likely contains a portion of the essence of the Abyss itself. If we go in there we will not face the normal wind and rain that we are used to, but the demonic fury of the Underworld. Further, the denizens of the Abyssinian Ocean swarm through from their home when such a storm is created, and all manner of aquatic demons infest those waters. That storm is one of the most dangerous locations in all the Oceans. I would advise going through Galtherion waters instead: no amount of officious enforcers could be worse than the dark horrors spawned from the River Styx. I know all too well..."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:57 am

"Agreed, I have no desire to fight fiends today," Tannhauser says as he begins to turn the wheel to steer the ship on a more south-eastern course. "Faina, how big is that storm? We need to plot a new course around it."

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:24 am

By the now the storm has continued to worsen. Caelian, usually one who prided himself with a knowledge of weather that surpassed most others, stared out into the storm in disbelieve, mumbling something.

"What's that!" Faerlan yelled, over the wind which had begun to steadily increase in velocity.

"The storm! It's not moving! It's not going anywhere! It's stationary!" Caelian said, breaking himself out of disbelief. "We need to get out of-..."

He was cut off by a blast of wind that slammed into the ship. The wind came out of no where, and washed over the 'Wyvern, forcing her crew to grab on for dear life.

This was no ordinary storm..

(Everyone above deck needs to make a Reflex Save and a Strength Check)

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:26 am

Ref: 21
Str: 11

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:28 am

Str: 14
Ref: 16
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:31 am

REF Save:
STR Check:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:33 am

Faina:
Str: 13+0+5(AP) = 18
Reflex: 14+8 = 22

Strelka (who's typically near the rear of the ship, Faina calls for him to try catch her if she gets blown off):
Str: 15+4 = 19
Reflex: 12+7 = 19
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Return to “Savage Tides”