The Story so far...

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Story so far...

Postby Laharl » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:53 am

(Spot: 13
Listen: 7)

"Yes, let us save those we can nearby," Anton's voice takes on a ringing, more urgent quality, "Faina, you would have us abandon the forces of Light in a battle in their eternal war against the foul denizens of the Abyss? Come, we must aid them! Such is nothing more and nothing less than our sacred duty from the gods themselves!"

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:07 am

Faina : "I remind you, Sir Anton, that we are not on some journey where our time is plenty and we can afford to toss luck to the winds and do as our impulses wish. There is an operation to be launched, and people back in Sasserine who await news of our success. Are you telling me that we should jeopardize the mission in order to help these celestials whom we have no clue is even doing here? That we should gamble upon the lives of all those who sacrificed themselves to defend the city, and all those who hang upon our success in this mission ? Furthmore we are onboard a ship. What is there to defend us in the seas if some deep water demon attacks us from below and shattered our vessel with a single blow, wrecking not only the lives of our crew but also ruining any chance of accomplishing our mission ?"

"Sir Anton, please think of your responsibilities, to both Sasserine and to the crew of this ship, before letting your pride do all the talking."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:30 am

Anton does not shrink, but responds "Frankly, such a demon could strike at any time. Of course, our first priority must be a fellow ship in trouble much closer. If we are in no shape to go after that, or the storm worsens, then naturally we do not go. But if we can, it does not appear that far out of our way. It may even be connected to our mission, there were demons at Sasserine and Vanthus certainly looked as though he'd associated closely with those on his moral level."

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:38 am

Faina: "They could strike, yes, but going there also raises the possibility significantly, just like the chances between getting capsized in fair weather or in stormy weather. Furthermore, I think if the Eladrin are also involved, it's not a merely case of demons being summoned as they were with the crimson fleet, but something far more serious, with far more powerful demons involved."

"And regarding the other ship..." Faina looks towards the direction in which she sensed the ship with angry eyes, but tries to hold back on what she really wishes for "...I agree we should help, and I really want to help them, but... well... I guess it shouldn't raise the danger levels by that much."

"What do you think, Tann?"
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:13 am

*After Tann replies, not trying to interrupt the captain or anything*

"I say we go help. I'm actually for seeing what we can do to help the Eladrin too, But if the ship can't take it, the ship can't take it." Alexius states, starting off determined, and ending with his usual indifferent tone that the crew has come to expect of him when discussing where to go.

Last edited by Squall255 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:42 pm

(S:12+13=25; L:13+13=26)

(Does Francis know this discussion is going on?)

DM: Yes, you can hear the argument.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:18 pm

(>_____>)

An odd silence fell over the crew as no reply came from the captain. Seconds later, off in the distance, a few (anyone who beat a DC 20 listen and spot with -10 modifiers) could hear bombard-fire in the distance, a even fewer noticed what looked like signal flares being shot into the sky...

"Fireworks!" Yelled Calian. "Someone up ahead is in trouble!"

(Marty: Prof Sailor Check)

(From now on, always factor in a -10 to any spot or listen checks).
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:37 am

(Marty now has until 12:01, tonight, on the dot to post. Any submissions made thereafter will NOT be accepted).

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:52 am

(see post in scheduling)

(BURNING 2AP FOR REROLL, NOW HAVE 5 AP LEFT X_X)
(yeah, its official, the gods of random number generators hate me right now)

Tannhauser grits his teeth as he tries his hardest to keep the ship steady. "I'm a little busy right now people. The eye will have calmer seas, but do you truly wish to fight Demons when the weather conditions can change at a moments notice? And the other ship could use our help as well. Regardless of the morality of either choice, both of those choices would leave us sailing into heavier storms and thus risking damage to the ship and injury to the crew. I am not willing to risk the safety of the ship and crew, both of which are required for us to carry out our mission. Get the rest of the crew back onboard, I'm sailing us out of the storm once they are."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Despite the great effort put forth by the captain, he was not able to pull the ship threw the oncoming surge of water in time. The 'Wyvern sailed over an incoming wave, but down into a surge just as it was forming, causing the sea level to rise higher than the deck long enough for at least four feet of sea water to slam into the crew upon the deck.

(DC 20 STR to withstand the wave (if you succeed a DC 15 DEX check, you receive a +2 bonus for being albe to hold on to something) from Dave, Scott, and Judson).

As the ship began to take on water, Tann new that if he did't pull the ship out of the surge soon, the 'Wyvern was not going to make it.

(I need a Prof: Sailor Check from Marty. Dai and Eric are both encouraged to make aid another checks, considering that if they both had successfully aided the last one, Marty would have made the check.)

Also, Faina receives a message from Faerlan...

Faina, this is Faerlan! I have Saerlani! Can't hold on much longer! Current location is North... The message cuts off suddenly, and abruptly.

Active Characters:

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:44 pm

(Dex: 17, Str: 26 (nat 20))

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:25 pm

( Drew: did you factor in the +6 bonus from Stormrunner's Ward last sailor check ? )

( Profession[sailor] aid other check: 12 )

Faina: "Tann, got a message from Faerlan saying he's found Saerlani, except he cut off and I have no clue where he is. All he said is north."

( approximately how long ago has it been since Faerlan left the ship ? )

DM: Stormrunner's ward was factored in. The last time you saw Faerlan was before the break in the storm.
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:37 am

Str Check: 18
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:37 am

Tannhauser attempts to pilot the ship out of the water surge.

Profession (Sailor): (includes no aid other or stormrunners ward)

DM: You are successful.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Savage Tides”