International Bulletins

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

International Bulletins

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:03 am

4/20/01 (1st year of the age of Dawn Break)

(Henceforth, instead of doing spoiler fictions, I will be releasing a series of international bulletins from a newspaper that calls itself The Arbiter. Each bulletin will contain about 3-5 items of relevance).

Mass Movement in the Maldanic Plains
Recently, the riders of the Maldanic plains have been shifting around more than usual, and this time it doesn't look like they're getting ready for another go at Shikikoku. Evidence suggests that the Maldani may actually be trying to marshal their forces for cooperative counterstrike against the Iron Alliance. Whether they will try to broker an alliance with the Phantoms of the Kei, has yet to be seen.

Blood Continues to Run in Balderaast
Contrary to most reports, including the torrent of propaganda from the Iron Alliance, Thaask's capital city of Balderaast has not yet fallen completely into enemy hands. While the Iron Alliance certainly has the city entrenched, we have reason to believe that the Commander of the Capital Legion is still alive and is coordinating the resistance.

Additionally, the Arbiter has a reporter currently within the city. Here is the most recent transcript sent to us:

"Let it be known that to have ever counted Thaask as down and out was a terrible mistake. In spite of terrible casualties, low resources, and rumors that both the King and his Son fell in the initial assault, both partisan and soldier alike continue the brutal fight to free their city. As per our regulations, I am not able to comment on exact troop numbers, but the poorly trained levies of the Iron Alliance seem to be far from pacifying the city.

Not long after I had arrived in the city, I was able to bear witness to an actual street fight in Westhaven District (which also happens to be one of the the most volatile). The Thaaskan resistance fell upon 20-30 odd IA soldiers on patrol and slaughtered them with savagery I'd expect from the barbarians of the Wild Plains. No quarter was given, even when the IA Commander threw down his sword.

Its been roughly two weeks since I arrived, and its clear that the brutality of the conflicts has begun to take a tole on the Resistance. Certainly they have no faltering in the belief of their cause, but I'm noticing more and more often some of the younger partisans and soldiers collapsing and breaking down after returning to their secret garrisons, as though overwhelmed by the sheer cruelty of their actions. Nervous breakdowns and other mental symptoms of hyper-stress are becoming common place, and I can't help but wonder if the fighting itself might break Thaask before the enemy does.

More when I have it. Over and Out."

Conflict Resumes in the Great Divide
As most of you know, yesterday was the single most important holiday in Dwarven Culture: Brelkarandar. In the common tongue, its roughly translates into "The Sundering and Awakening", which, according to the dwarves, celebrates their creation and rise as a power in the world. So significant is the holiday, that all fighting between the Brighthelm and High Dwarven Consortiums ceased in acknowledgement.

However, the peace would be short lived, as ever. No less than a minute after the day came to and end, fighting resumed, For the our estimation of the days casualties, see our "Ongoing Conflicts" section.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “War of Lords”