General Questsion/Updates

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Spoilers

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Magic & psionics don't mix period in my setting design, so not something I ever think about period =9. It really depends on what you think the relationship between the two are...

Mixing spells on-the-run should involve some pretty hectic spellcraft checks period, IMO. In a more modern perspective - it be like melding two software programs together at runtime - not impossible if one develop them to do crazy crap like that, but certainly too much of a pain for any usual developer/consumer. But either way, you already have my opinion on that one...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Spoilers

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Something else I've been working on: Custom Morale Rules

The system is being created for use during Massive Battles. The idea is that each unit begins the battle with a Morale Score (Average CR + Current "Level" of Morale), and each time something happens that would threaten the morale of the unit, a morale check is rolled to determine if the unit breaks or stands their ground. If a unit's morale ever drops below 0, the unit automatically routs. Unless the unit is at Heroic Morale, in which case its morale will drop to Neutral instead, and will rout the next turn if its morale score does not increase.

The Levels of Morale are (bonus to morale score in parentheses):
Heroic* (+16): +6 to Attacks, Saves, and Ability Checks; unit gains temporary hp equal to the commander's HD, and will not rout (DC 50 Rally Check)
Fanatic (+8): +4 to Attacks, Saves, and Ability/Skill Checks (DC 35 Rally Check)
Heartened (+4): +2 to Attacks, Saves, and Ability/Skill Checks (DC 25 Rally Check)
Steeled (+2): +1 to Attacks, Saves, and Ability/Skill Checks (DC 15 Rally Check)
Neutral (+0): No bonuses or penalties. (DC 10 Rally (Check), +5/step below unsteady)
Unsteady (-2): -1 to Attacks, Saves, and Ability/Skill Checks
Shaken (-4): -2 to Attacks, Saves, and Ability/Skill Checks
Shattered (-8): -4 to Attacks, Saves, and Ability Checks; this unit will rout on its next turn unless its morale improves to Neutral.

*Heroic Morale can only be achieved if the commander (designated as the person rolling the Rally Check is at least CR 21, and his/her unit is at least ACR 15

Positive Mitigating Factors (bonuses are added to the morale score):
Commander has Legendary Leader levels: +1/level
Unit is currently being affected by Marshal (minor only) or Dragon Shaman Auras: +1/point of aura bonus
Presence of an Adventuring Group (PCs): +1/2 ACR of the Company
Friendly units nearby: +2/unit within sight
Unit has received the benefits of "Mass" Spell (ie Mass Bull's Strength): +1/spell

Negative Mitigating Factors (penalties are subtracted from morale score):
Commander Dies: -5
Unit is below full strength: -2/25%
Unit reduced to 50% within one round: Morale Level drops by one step (unless unit is at Heroic Morale)
Unit is isolated: -1/round
Unit is outflanked: -1/per unit outflanking
Unit is surrounded: -2/round
Unit under fire from persistent missile fire: -1/minute
Unit under fire from artillery/siege bombardment: -4/minute
Unit is Fatigued: -4
Unit is Exhausted: -8

Thats what I've got so far.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: General Questsion/Updates

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:15 am

Question: What version of Marshal are you using?
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:46 pm

I was using the Sublime Way Variant, but the link appears to be dead.

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:43 pm

I found a google cache of a Sublime Way variant from the wizards boards. Is this it:

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:tM ... clnk&gl=us
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:36 pm

I believe so.

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:52 pm

That is indeed the Sublime Way Marshal.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 am

Is there life?
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:03 am

There is life, believe it or not. In the last couple of weeks I have become incredibly engrossed with work, whether it be for my internship or classes. Yet, as I have stated previously, this campaign will not dissolve while I still have the will to run it, and that will remains. However, given my schedule, and the obligations that are mounting over the next few months, do not expect this game to resume/start during that time. It will, sadly, have pick back up after I graduate. If you're curious as to why, then feel free to head over to the Gallatin School of Individualized Study website, and look up something called a Colloquium. Basically, I have to prepare for that, on top of all of the papers I have to do for classes, and I'm interning, and I need to find work, and Gods help you if you haven't got the point by now.

However, there is some benefit to the resuming of activities (or the start, in 2/3 cases) being postponed. I am currently working on rewriting history and editing the status of current events. Here are some of the specific changes:

1. Your nations will begin as moderately powerful, and will thereby have some impact in the world. This will yield increases in population and territory size of about 45-75%. As such you also have larger armies and more power NPC advisers (to a limit, see below).

2. I am drastically lowering the average CR/CLs across the board. This will likely require your characters to be knocked down to at least level 12. (Yes, Dai, you get to keep the "Old Man" and his epic win)

3. Major changes will be made to geography and political status concerning the western half of the central subcontinent and the northern half of the eastern subcontinent. The Iron Alliance (assuming it will still be calling itself that) will be nowhere as large as it previously was, but will still constitue a major headache. Likewise, the big ol' dragon run empire in the east will probably be divided up (among other additions to clean up that area of the map).

Essentially, the purpose of these changes is alter the overall theme of the campaign. Whereas previously you were all running nations at the very beginning of their rise; you will now be thrust into a position where as your power is rising, that of your more longstanding allies is beginning to fail. The overall tone of the campaign will begin on a much more dark and disorganized note, as the major alliances struggle to aid their allies while preventing their own nations from collapsing under politico-economic strife.

As the once indomitable nations of the previous age begin their decline, three rising nations have shrugged off the chaos and strife of the Maelstrom. Yet, the fog of war still shrouds their allies, and the weight of economic depression spurs suffering and civil disobedience across the map. Will these fortunate dew rise to the occasion and quell the chaos before all is engulfed? Or will they prey upon in it, and conquer both friend and foe alike? Whether your weapon is the pen or the blade, the time for action is now...

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 am

Cool. Details for Mithalan society, customs, and government will be coming soon to a board near you.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:36 pm

So drew, when are you on Spring break? might get some chance to work out a few things, assuming you has times then
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:54 am

My Spring break runs roughly from the 15th until the 21st. I imagine that I'll have more time to work on such than I do now.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Alright, despite the shortcomings of previous attempts, I am now formally declaring that the proverbial winter has passed, and the time to resurrect a game that many of us have put in considerable time and interest hath come.

At this current time, I am working on redoing the map. When finished, it will feature two large, connected continents (no more of this subcontinent nonsense), complete with a massive central desert, jungles, and other geographically correct features. Your positions on the map will remain largely unchanged, however.

After this is done, I resume work on the other nations.

And now, for something completely related:

Dai: I'm going to need your help japanese language/culture-wise, since there's going to be a lot more Kei culture going on in your neck of the woods.

Dave: We're going to flesh out dwarven culture, and retool the general history of the dwarves.

Judson: Start thinking of alternatives to mass warforged armies, because I'm probably going to have to recant letting you have it.

Thats all for now.

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Whats the status on airships, magitech, and elemental use?
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Airships: I'll probably be increasing overall magitech level, so airships will be more common.

Elementals: I'll need to review what you have again.

Magitech: Be more specific.

Active Characters:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “War of Lords”