Custom Equipment / Equipment Rules

Classes, feats, spells, items... for making and requesting permission.

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:53 pm

updated Item Familiar sight to that or a norm human's.

Improved Senses also gives it low-light vision.

I didn't include this in the update post but it is updated in the text (although its asking too much to read over that every time). But Martial Recharge is changed to ability to recharge ONLY invested maneuvers (kinda like how Spell Use is limited in the same fashion).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:40 am

a fair warning: I may be nerfing the Invest Skills ability of Item Familiars soon.

the current system is horribly unbalancing and doesn't even make any sense...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:05 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Re: Custom Equipment / Equipment Rules

Postby Zanaikin » Sat May 31, 2008 6:02 pm

added to Item Familiar abilities: Ability Use, Far Senses, Feat Use.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:05 am

added the following two:

Disintegrative Burst
Enhancement: Melee Weapon
Cost: 100,000gps
Benefit: Upon any successful melee ( or touch ) attack, the wielder may take a swift action to have the weapon unleash a Disintegrate effect, as the spell ( CL10, DC 15 + weapon's charisma modifier (min 2) + weapon's enhancement modifier ) upon the target struck.

Proof-against-Transmutation
Enhancement: Weapon
Cost: 30,000gps
Benefit: The weapon ( but not the wielder ) gains immunity against any transmutation spell which allows SR, as if the spell failed to pierce the appropriate SR of its target. This effect may be lowered or raised as a standard action.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:11 pm

I once mentioned that Starmetal will be doing something special in my game, I think I finally figured it out. The reason for this is mostly because of the planet's magical barrier which helps shield it from asteroids, but at the same time - only a certain type of asteroid will be able to penetrate.

henceforth, Starmetal's specialty will be... hard as adamantine, except with extreme magical resistance (expect something along lines of at least SR30). The drawback is it's also extremely costly to enhance starmetal weapons/armor (double normal cost), and henceforth their lack of use in Penthiae. Starmetal is most commonly found in only two locations - at the city of Starfall in Norinth, and within the coral reefs of Archeron's Shellsea.

( if you want to retcon for a Starmetal weapon/armor, talk to me about that. and Kati still has that huge chain of starmetal I believe. )
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:44 pm

removed spell shield crystal for something easier and more efficient to use - Invulnerability enhancement. (yes this replaces that DMG / SRD enhancement that no1 cares about anyways)
added Spell-Storing Crystal
modified Golem Armor to just +5 enhancement instead of +5 Heavy Fortification, so they can actually be modified with more special enhancements. They still retain immunity to crit.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:51 pm

added Assisted Concentration to list of IF Special Abilities...
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:13 am

Proposed Items
Forearm Dartthruster for Golem Amor
Activation: Auto-triggers whenever the fist strikes a solid target. (The trigger device would be something like an under-glorified pressure plate, if you want to get technical). Darts are kept in ultra dimensional space, and are loaded into the firing mechanism as a swift action.
Ammunition: The storing mechanism holds up to five large sized darts made of ironwood.
Slot: Technically a modification to the armor itself.
Cost: ?
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:05 am

the first thing that Glorard would tell you is that would take an insanely long time, not to mention expensive...
seeing as it's immune to magic he can't simply magically meld it, he's have to manually drill the holes and do everything and then put it together. This is the kind of thing that you'd ask to be put into a Golem Armor before it's finished being made and enchanted, not afterwards. Adamantine is no soft metal either, and the gnomes did everything they can to harden it...
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Custom Game Material”