Play by Post

yes, that dungeon

Moderator: TheDude51

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:23 am

Fenbar walks over to look at the orc, then surveys the surrounding area, expecting a trap of some sort, and pays extra attention to the door he just entered through, half expecting it to start closing again.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:34 am

Reikel pokes around the room, checking for any nasty surprises. Assuming he doesn't find anything, he goes and peers through the open door, preparing to breathe on anything he sees that looks even remotely hostile, little wisps of smoke escaping his nostrils.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:28 am

Aside from the orc corpse, the current room is empty and trapless. The door remains open without having to be held.

Reikel sees an open door on the opposite wall, which appears to be the only other exit to the otherwise empty room.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:32 am

Reikel calls back, "This one's empty, guys, let's keep going on to the next room."

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:40 am

Fenbar agrees, and walks towards the other door.He checks the door for traps(search check
) and awaits Min and the cart before going through (assuming no traps).
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:27 pm

The door is open and appears untrapped.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:38 pm

Min drives the cart into the current room. "Okay, ready to go on to the next room?"
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:01 pm

Reikel nods his agreement. "Yup!"

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:16 pm

"Alright, lets do it." Fenbar looks around into the next room, and walks in.
(|)
(|)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:51 am

As Fenbar moves into the room, he notices that it is extremely dark, the light from the Everburning Torch barely penetrating the room's shadowy depths.

Before he can react, a dark shape drops from the ceiling. Fenbar barely has a chance to cry out before his head is engulfed in what feels like a stifling, warm sack, cutting off his scream of surprise. Fenbar feels tentacles wrap around his neck as the thing begins to squeeze his head.

Min'astekal and Reikel see a dark shape drop down onto Fenbar as he moves through the door, immediately wrapping around his head. A sickening muffled crunch is heard as the barely seen enemy begins to squeeze.

Fenbar is grappled and takes 8 points of damage.

Everyone say what they are doing, and then all actions will be resolved.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:57 am

Reikel quickly launches a stream of fire at the creature, the tentacles (and Fenbar, knowing it won't hurt him).

(Entangling, 15' Cone, upwards towards the tentacles to sever those holding Fenbar and continue towards the source, 1 damage, entangled for 4 rounds, DC 16-not that it matters short of evasion)
Last edited by Laharl on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:03 am

Fenbar hits 0/8 HP and goes limp, after IDing what is killing him, of course.

Know Dungeoneering check to ID creature:
(|)
(|)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:06 am

Fenbar, unable to escape from the creature's tentacled grasp, realizes that the thing that is slowly crushing the life out of him is a darkmantle of some sort, although he is unable to tell for certain, being unable to see.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:37 am

Min grabs her Duom off her back as she leaps down from the wagon and stabs at the creature.

Setting Dodge opponent to the Darkmantle for +1 AC against it
Attack roll:
Damage roll: Piercing

Martial Spirit heals Fenbar for 2 points.
Last edited by Sajuuk on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:30 pm

Min'astekal's blow lands precisely, and she skewers the beast neatly off of Fenbar's head, releasing a spray of ichor. The creature falls to the ground, twitching and oozing foul fluids.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “World's Largest Dungeon”