Play by Post

yes, that dungeon

Moderator: TheDude51

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Play by Post

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:55 pm

(Maneuver Granted: Stone Bones)

Min swings at the creature with her hammer, attempting to knock it off of Fenbar and smash it.

(Attack Roll: )
(Damage Roll: )
(2 HP healed if anyone needs it)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:11 pm

With a disgusting wet sound, the thing bursts like a rotten melon.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:31 pm

Reikel, breathing heavily, looks around the room. ((Spot 23))

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:47 pm

The only other exit to this room is the doorway directly across from you that the flying creatures entered from. The room is empty aside from dust and detritus, but it is freezing cold.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:52 pm

"L-l-l-l-ets g-g-go someplace w-warmer, shall we? Like through that door? I'll...be okay...until we can...find a fairly safe place to rest." Reikel doesn't particularly like the cold, it seems, as he's shivering even as his wounds bleed.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:02 pm

You proceed through the room into the next. It is a similar, square room with another open doorway across it. The room is windy, with some sort of draft blowing through it in gusts. You can hear echoing sounds carried from elsewhere in the complex, but are unable to make them out precisely. Nothing else is to be seen.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:07 pm

"You guys mind if we rest here for a while until I get some strength back? That...and I've gotta use the little beguiler's room. That corner should do fine." Reikel waddles over and takes care of business.

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:47 am

"Yeah, sleep would be good. I need to replenish my spell casting abilities."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:44 am

((Min'astekal agrees that sleep would be a good idea.))

Post what you're doing about guards, watches, sleep location, etc and we will move on.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu May 01, 2008 2:50 am

"I'll take first watch," Min says.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu May 01, 2008 4:21 am

"I'll take last watch. I may be hurt, but that doesn't mean I can't stand guard."

((We'll sleep in one of the corners closer to the door we came in and post watch near the other door.))

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:57 pm

Um, dave? I should take last watch. the whole 8 CONTINUOUS hours of sleep and all...
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu May 01, 2008 2:19 pm

((Spontaneous don't need that, I thought...If they do, I get first watch, since putting the injured guy on middle watch makes TONS of sense.))

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:57 pm

((Each day, sorcerers and bards must focus their minds on the task of casting their spells. A sorcerer or bard needs 8 hours of rest (just like a wizard), after which he spends 15 minutes concentrating. (A bard must sing, recite, or play an instrument of some kind while concentrating.) During this period, the sorcerer or bard readies his mind to cast his daily allotment of spells. Without such a period to refresh himself, the character does not regain the spell slots he used up the day before., from the ))
(|)
(|)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu May 01, 2008 7:25 pm

((Rest != Sleep. The best example for this is elven casters, who are required to sit around for 4 hours before or after their trance in order to regain spells. As long as nothing happens during the night, you can take a watch and still regain spells. Any sort of activity would disrupt it.))
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “World's Largest Dungeon”