Updates!

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Updates!

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:42 am

At this moment, I am currently in the process of organizing a lot of my RPG related stuffz. Included in this reorganization is going to be a rather large packet of variant rules and modifications that I plan to begin typing soon. In the wake of these gi-normous changes, there is sizable update for my game that I feel the need to print:

Effective Now: The new list of sources available for character creation are as follows:
All 3.5 Sources
3.0 Materials: With Permission
These changes replace the current list.

Note: The race restriction is still in place.
Note2: Those who's character's were built using the original rules may now auto-rebuild, as in, instantly.

There are also some general edits that I'm going to be requiring of you.
1. All feats, spells, alternative features, and skill specialties that do not appear in the core sources must be listed with their source abbreviation and their page number.
Example: Item (Abbr. pg#)

2. Someone else needs to play Dai's character's. I'm just too damn busy.

3. Please post the links to you character sheets on the thread entitled Character Sheet Link Posting, so that I don't have to fish through the other one for it.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Modifications from my Rules Packet that I'm allowing into play early.

Endurance (Feat):
All characters receive this feat for free at first level. The fact that your character is a player character sets him/her above most of the other characters.
Retrainable: No. The endurance feat may not be retrained out for another feat later in in character progression. This is an exception to the Rule of Retraining.

Ranger (Core Variant):
Track (this text effectively replaces that which is found in the PHB):
At 1st level, a Ranger decides whether he/she will become a Ranger of Nature, or, an Urban Nature. A Ranger of Nature receives the Track feat, as per the rules given in the Player's Handbook. An Urban Ranger, instead, receives the Urban Tracking Feat, which is described in the Feats section of the Eberron Campaign Setting.

At 3rd level, the Ranger's experiences in the in the wilds of nature (Ranger of Nature) or the grim and grit of the city (Urban Ranger) have strengthened his/her resolve, and, therein, increased his chances of survival. Both types of Rangers receive the Iron Will feat as a bonus feat. If the character already possess the Iron Will feat, then he/she may select another feat which he/she qualifies for.
Retrainable: No. The increase to will power may not be undone.

Sha'ir:
Elemental Casting: The enigmatic spellcasters known Sha'ir conjure spells that are very similar to those cast by conventional spellcasters, but the kind of magic that they wield is, yet, different. A Sha'irs spellcasting is classified as neither specifically arcane, nor divine, but as Elemental.

Spells Known/Prepared: A Sha'ir may select new spells known from any list, as long as the given spell contains an elemental (acid, cold, electricity, and fire (as well as the air, earth, and water)) descriptor, or the Force descriptor.

The DC for retrieving a known spell of the Sha'ir's primary element is: DC (Diplomacy)= 5 + Spell Level + Caster Level

The DC for retrieving a known spell that is not of the Sha'ir's primary element is: DC (Bluff)= 10 + Spell Level + Caster Level

The DC for retrieving an unknown spell of the Sha'ir's primary element is:
DC (Diplomacy)= 15 + Spell Level + Caster Level

The DC for retrieving an unknown spell that is not of the Sha'ir's primary element is: DC (Bluff) = 20 + Spell Level + Caster Level

A Sha'ir, despite their incredible mastery over the elements also commands knowledge of some of the basic spells granted to other spellcasting types.

But, do to her focus on the elements, this selection is limited.

A Sha'ir may select up a number of spells equal to her class level that possess no elemental descriptor that can be added to his/her spells known.

Special: Spells with the Force Descriptor are considered Element Neutral, and may always be retrieved as though they were of the Sha'ir's Primary Element.

Dimplomatic Excellence (1st)*: All Sha'irs possess an innate knack for negotiation. A Sha'ir receives a +1 bonus on all Diplomacy and Bluff checks. These bonuses increase by one for every 5 levels of Sha'ir the character possess.

Elemental Metamagic* (10th): A Sha'ir not only posses considerable prowess with his/her chosen element, but also understand how to manipulate other spells to use the his/her primary element. The Sha'ir receives the Elemental Substitution (Primary Element), to show this mastery.
Special: Retrieving a spell that is not of the Sha'ir's favored element that has been modified by this feat does not decrease the DC for retrieval. The spell being retrieved always uses its original descriptor to determine the relevant skill and base DC.

These abilities replace a Sha'ir's existing spellcasting ability and difficulty in retrieving spells, but the abilities flagged by an asterisk are new abilities that are in addition to those found in the Dragon Compendium.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:56 pm

News from the Drew Front:
The insignias the warforged have can be used as targets/components for the Insignia of X spells from Races of Destiny
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:43 am

Action Points
In all of my future games, the extremely popular and practical actions points will be available to all characters. The specific rules for action points can be found in the Eberron Campaign Setting. In additional to the uses of action point presented in the ECS, the following uses may be applied:

Uncanny Determination: Instead of spending one action point to boost the total of an applicable check, the character may spend two action points to re-roll the given check.
Special: This action point expenditure may be used as often as the player character wishes, however, if it is used more than once during any given round, the character is fatigued for the rest of the encounter. If the given player character is already fatigued, then he/she is exhausted. If the given player character is already exhausted, then he/she collapses from exhaustion, and is effectively disabled for 1d4 hours, or until he or she is the recipient of a Lesser Restoration spell.

Heroic Resilience: If the given player character suffers enough damage that would put him/her at -10 hit points or less, the player may, as a free action, expend any number of his or her remaining action points. For every point spent, the player character subtracts their Constitution modifier (minimum of 1) times the number of action points spent. For example, a wizard with a Constitution of 13 would subtract 1 point of damage incurred per action point spent. After the use of this expenditure, the given player character is fatigued for the rest of the encounter. If the given player character is already fatigued, then he/she is exhausted. If the given player character is already exhausted, then he/she collapses from exhaustion, and is effectively disabled for 1d4 hours, or until he or she is the recipient of a Lesser Restoration spell.

Reserve Points
Reserve points follow the same rules as those that are presented on 119 of Unearthed Arcana. The key points have been summarized here for the sake of convenience.
• Every character has a pool of reserve points equal to their actual hit points.
• Points from this “reserve pool” may be used to heal both normal and non-lethal damage.
• The rate in which reserve points transfer is 1 point per 1 minute of non-strenuous activity.
• Reserve points recover the same way that normal hit points recover.
• Any excess magic healing will recover additional reserve points.

Critical Successes and Failures.
Instant Death: Henceforth, at any time in which a given character (PC or NPC) rolls three successive twenties, and provided that the target of these attacks in the same, and provided that the target is subject to critical hits, the target shall be instantly slain.
Critical Strike: A roll of a natural twenty on any attack roll shall deem the attack successful, whether or not the attacker’s total sum would beat the target’s armor class.
Critical Success: A roll of a natural twenty on any skill check, ability check, or saving throw shall result in an additional +10 perfection bonus to the total sum of the roll.
Critical Miss: A roll of a natural 1 on any attack will automatically miss its intended target, no matter whether the sum would equal or beat the target’s armor class. As the GMs discretion, the target may also suffer a mishap.
Critical Failures: A roll of a natural 1 on any skill check will not yield an automatic failure. However, a roll of a natural 1 will yield an automatic failure of the roll is for a saving throw.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Re: Updates!

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:03 pm

This game is currently on delay until the completion of my rules packet.

Active Characters:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Of Blood and Steel”