Into the Depths of Madness...

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Into the Depths of Madness...

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:29 am

The sounds of the battle in the great chamber were just beginning to fade away as the group ran down the tunnel. Giving a quick glance backwards, you could see the dim purple and red lights of the great chamber beginning to fade into shadow, as your Dolgaunt allies formed a line and held off the waves of maddened spawn so that you could "escape" to whatever fate the resin-bound fiends had waiting for you. Whatever your future held down the increasing dark and slippery tunnel, it had to be brighter than that of fighting off endless hordes of spawn.

Figuratively speaking anyway...

No sooner had lights completely faded away when a rumbling emerged from the lower levels, followed by a terrifying shriek of insane agony. It was the samw kind of shriek that caused the cave in after the initial attack, so you all were surprised when pieces of the ceiling began to pelt you and you were running along ((DC 15 Reflex: 10 bludgeoning fail/5 bludgeoning success)). What was slightly less expected, was the floor to give out under you, sending the entire party sliding down a different path. Some of you might have normally had a chance to stop yourself from falling by grabbing the edges, but whatever substance was coating the surface made it impossible for such things to be accomplished.

After a thankfully-short, downward-sloping tumble, the end was met with a great splash. The party had landed in a pool of viscous fluid, that required a great deal of effort to free oneself from. The chamber is pitch black, the only light being given off by the psi-forged's crystals ((normal illumination 5 feet/shadowy illumination 5 feet)...

((The hiatus is over, dig out those character sheets. I post updates after everyone else posts.))
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:18 pm

((what about me? Didn't I have that wierd glowy-hot thing going on?))
((reflex save 16 (roll:10)))

"Eww." Burn, with the specified effort, attempts to make his way out of the mire. "This trip keeps getting better and better, eh? Remind me why we're.. oh, yeah, that's right."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:26 am

Fist scrambles to the side with a grunt, barely avoiding the rocks falling from the ceiling. As he lands, he begins to sink rapidly under his bulk, but manages to haul himself out to the point that he can move.

((Reflex save: ))

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:18 am

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:48 am

(Lightning REF Save: 27)
(Bolt REF Save: 22 (IMPROVED EVASION))
(Thunder REF Save: 20)
(http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1436855)

Lightning and Thunder dodge the majority of the rocks, and Bolt's air like form allows her to dodge them all. The three look at each other in surprise as the floor gives way, the Thunder falling into it and sliding down. Lightning rolls into a ball and rolls down the tunnel, with Bolt flying down behind them. Landing with a splas in the pool, the two forged manage to stand up and Lightning channels arcane power into his hand to create a ball of light.
(Casting Light)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:05 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:21 am

Mephistopheles dodges the agiley dodges the falling rocks, then curses as the floor gives out.
Reflex save .

Pulling himself to his feet, he casts Repair Light Damage on Deviator, healing damage.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:48 am

The light spell proceeded to the illuminate the room as the group pulled itself from the viscous purple fluid. The chamber now lit, the 'forged could now see a rather disconcerting sight of a long winding path leading away from the chamber they had just tumbled down. Attempts to focus on whatever was in the distance proved difficult, as things far out seemed to twist and turn to the point where concentration was moot. A slightly more disturbing aspect of the terrain was the trail of green ichorous substance that seemed to clime up the wall, and down the wall on the other side in a counter-clockwise direction.

Looking up, the party noticed there to be another puddle of ichorous substance, this one blood red. This one however, was not moving, but was certainly stirring.

((Distance to ichorous ring: 25ft
Tunnel Width: 20ft
Tunnel Height 40ft))

Active Characters:

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:21 am

Fist draws his sword and moves cautiously up towards the ring in a defensive stance, expecting an attack at any second.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:51 pm

Burn watches all this sword-drawing and walking and rings of funny colored goo, eldritch blast at the ready.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:45 am

Lightning and Thunder follow Fist and Burn, Lightning ready to cast a spell and Thunder with his shield out and mace at the ready.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Deviator and Scorpian head over as well, Scorpian keeping his weapon ready.

((Anyone have a later version of Dai's sheets than his level 6 post in Character sheets?))

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:19 am

Mephistopheles peers into the darkness.

"I don't like the looks of that slime. Burn, destroy it."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:51 am

Just as the wizard spoke its words, the viscous pool behind the party stirred, and bits of the ichorous substance began to shamble out in vaguely humanoid form. To make matter worse, as the party turned to face their strange opponents, a massive glob of the red substance proceeded to fall onto them from its gravity defying ceiling position.

(There are two of these humanoid ichorous things, each one is medium sized, and are still in the pool. Party members who are in the back are within reach (5ft) and may make AoOs.
Everyone must make me a Reflex save, and roll initiative.
In your next response, post only your reflex and initiative rolls.)

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:58 am

Reflex: 19
Initiative: 22

Link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1467945/
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Of Blood and Steel”