Battle of Lake Llavain

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Battle of Lake Llavain

Postby Squall255 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:47 pm

Ulrich activates Flame Jet, and moves 170' forward. He then readies an action to absorb a spell into his rod of absorbtion should he be attacked with one.
If he doesn't see anyone yet, then he moves another 100ft. forward with a move action an ends his turn.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:06 pm

( Ulrich ends up taking his second move to get in sight range )

As the group draws near, they notice the invisible duel between two figures - Ariethil and a wounded Ceriele who has already lost her mount. The Haven general was fighting desperately to parry off Ariethil's attacks. Yet as the Misalinians came within range, Ariethil look one swift look, and then her sword blazed with arcane power before she pounced against Ceriele once again. A storm of bladed cuts erupted once more, marked by a notable first strike when a burst of light flared from Ariethil's sword onto Ceriele upon impact, significantly degrading the Haven elf's ability to defend as if she had been blinded. Ariethil followed up with six sword flurries, which chewed through Ceriele like a meat grinder, leaving not even entire limbs together in whole pieces. The Haven half-elf was dead before her corpse, now in at least a dozen pieces, began falling from the skies.

( top of Init : Dave, go )
( give that the party is at least lvl20 and True Sight's range... you can assume any and all targets are within Close Spell Range )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Samael is delaying until after Derovarr acts.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 am

[Telecomm]Derovarr: Ulrich! Disjoin those shadow guards! Watch out for Teodor!

Derovarr is delaying until after Ulrich.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:11 am

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:02 am

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:35 am

Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:18 am

In the meantime, the Shadow Guards continued their assault, and three more of the Windstriders went down as five Guards pounced upon them. The sixth turned and ports straight at Teodor twice in a row. But of the six hits, only one lucky strike manages to touch him (nat20 [2AP to negative if you want]: 31 damage)

Ariethil then ports away from Derovarr and Samael to about 150ft away (225+ft from Ulrich), points her sword straight towards you, and yelled out "TAKE THIS!". A moment later, Samael felt a massive blast of pure magic completely overwhelm his position. His AMF died after only a split second, his wards crashed around him, and his magical equipment surged as they struggled under the spell's power (spellcraft: MDJ).
( Will DC 82 for each of your items )
( Drew: make a Will save for your Golem Armor. If that fails make saves for all your other items, if the armor holds then rest of your equips are safe... )

( not done yet... awaiting your updated AC )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:24 am

Samael burns all his AP to prevent Arjuna from being disjoined, then casts Feather Fall.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:29 am

Through pure mental power and sheer determination, Derovarr resists the effects.

1d20(10)+67+(6 AP boost)= 83

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:52 am

Pulling her blade back, Ariethil then casts Arcane Spellsurge and Indomitability upon herself, teleports back across the airspace and pounces straight atop the falling Samael
( hit1 [crit]: 99 dmg )
( hit2 [crit]: 105 dmg )
( hit3: 74 dmg )
( hit4: 63 dmg )
( hit5: 52 dmg )

And as soon as the lightning-fast attacks began, it ended, as Ariethil vanishes once again and reappears before Ulrich and launching two consecutive pounces against him.
( Squall: post your ACs next time )
( attack1: 51 touch, 71 dmg )
( attack2: 64 touch, 66 dmg )
( attack3: 60 touch, 67 dmg )
( attack4: 51 touch, 64 dmg )
( attack5: 39 touch, 75 dmg )

( attack6: 56 touch, 74 dmg )
( attack7: 53 touch, 69 dmg )
( attack8: 61 touch, 79 dmg )
( attack9: 52 touch, 77 dmg )
( attack10: 51 touch, 80 dmg )

If any of those attacks hit, take an additional 52 damage as a Vampiric Touch gets channeled through into you (you only take this damage once). Furthermore, you can feel your wards surging as any of the strikes come in - the wards stays standing, but their power surge feels like it's burning the skin off you.
[ giveme the results and retributive amulet damage. Do remember Retributive does not apply to spells ]
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:18 am

Ulrich attempts to counterspell the MDJ (Immediate action): Free: drop AMF and re-install after
Counterspell Check: (after AP reroll):
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:23 am

(the attack that was forgot...)

Following up on Samael's hit, Derovarr unleashed another attack, surging with effort to ensure the hit went through.

(Standard action to execute a Smiting Strike of Perfect Clarity)

Attack: 95 (3ap for +20 luck), touch: Damage 190
Miss chance roll: 72

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:21 pm

( Squall: free actions can only be taken on your round. That dispel would have had no effect whatsoever anyways, so just keep it =p. As I keep telling people, there are downsides to having a AMF around you, and one of them is not being able to counter or use Absorption Rods )

Derovarr's follow up attack smashes into her lower left, leaving Ariethil seriously wounded with her left leg seemingly disabled at dangling about uselessly.

( Squall: I still need the result of those attacks on you )

( Dave, your turn now )
|

()

Return to “Game Summaries”