Battle of Lake Llavain

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Battle of Lake Llavain

Postby Squall255 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:03 am

Touch AC: 62 (46 normaly, +3 Luck,+ 7Sacred, +6 dodge)
1 hits: 66 damage Starmantle reduces to 33, Retributive sends 16 to Ulrich and 16 to Ariethil.
Immediate Action to activate Ring of Mystic Defiance (Since the Dispel can't go off) (Ring is -10 damage from any spell effect or spell like ability effect)
Then 42 HP Vamp Touched.

HP: 165/223

Ariethil net healing: 26
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:30 am

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:04 am

Ulrich moves back 100 ft. as he watches Samael plummet from the sky. (Outta curriosity, how does one teleport into an AMF? your fields aren't interfering when the teleport is cast.)

Anyway, he then drops his AMF and casts a GDM on the guard fighting the Windstrider, as Osmund casts CMW on Ulrich. He then reinstates his AMF.

(Also note that Areithil had to make a DC34 will saver per item.)

AC:77
Touch AC: 62
FFAC:62
AMF, 20% miss, 50% miss on Ranged attacks, Ray Deflection

GDM:
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 pm

"SAMAEL! NOOOOO!" Derovarr called out as his comrade Silver Knight fell from the sky. He immediately set his sights on Ariethil, who had jumped over to Ulrich, by then.

"Come back here you coward!" He roared, eyes ablaze, as moved in to engage her once more.

(Move action to within 10ft of her, 1TU for +4 sacred to attack and 1d10 damage, standard to execute a disarming strike)

1d20(2)+60= Well, I tried.

HP: 324/324
AC: 110
Touch: 78
SR: 29
PR: 36
Protection from Ranged: 750/750
Shield Points: (684/1000), (1000/1000)
(Hasted)
Auras: Defensive Commander (+6 dodge to AC), Melee Commander (+6 on attacks)
Stance: Pearl of Black Doubt (+2 dodge to ac for every failed melee attack, resets to +0 every round)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:01 am

(Squall: 1. antimagic field doesn't stop teleport before it exits (need lockdown for that), and dual AMF will crash after it exit to produce the general effect; 2. personally I consider teleport just using magic as a catalyst for something physically position, scifi dimension folding n all, that one is actually pretty central to the TIP storyline)
(also, yes I made those saves, no natural 1s)

Ulrich's GDM hurls in and the guard also began registering in true sight that he was no longer invisible. Furthermore it seems like his skin also softened, amongst often changes just as subtle.

Two of the other Shadow Guards joined the fight against the one remaining Windstrider, and between three enemies surrounding it with slashes the final Haven soldier fell within moments. (yes those 3 are within 5~10ft of each other)

The last two Shadow Guards each pounces other one side of Teodor, flanking him and unleashing the fury of their blades, which seems to have done... completely nothing as Teodor easily evades them. Furthermore Teodor's True Seeing notices that they're back to visible, and the Guards seem to notice this as well, both of them leapt back 10ft and each pulls out a scroll to unleash an Orb of Force at Teodor, which he still manages to evade with... relatively little difficulty. The two Guards were obviously looking agitated now...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:56 pm

Derovarr attack was completely evaded by Ariethil.

Ariethil: "And that's coming from someone who hides within a chunk of adamantine!"

The elf then proceeds to pounce between Derovarr and Ulrich once again, casting Wraithstrike followed by 3 True Strikes consecutively in between attacks.
Attacks against Derovarr:
( hit: 81 damage )
( miss )
( miss )
( miss )
( miss )
( hit: 90 damage )
( miss )
( miss )
( miss )
( miss )

Attacks against Ulrich:
( hit: 91 damage )
( miss )
( miss )
( miss )
( miss )
( hit: 90 damage )
( hit: 86 damage )
( miss )
( miss )
( miss )

( If a single hit goes through, you take 95 damage from a Vampiric Touch spell [only takes damage from this once] )

She then teleports to about 45ft away from Derovarr and chugs down a potion.

( Drew & Squall : I need the damage feedback )
( next up : Dave )
( also Dave: you're still getting random banter from the comm. channel you tapped into, the coordinating voice is still there. Not much else interesting )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:12 pm

Damage Feedback
Hit 1: 10
Hit 2: 13

HP: 206/324
(Hasted)
Stance: Pearl of Black Doubt (+2 dodge to ac for every failed melee attack, resets to +0 every round)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:29 am

Damage Feedback:
hit1: 22
hit2: 22
hit3: 21
Vamp Touch heals 85(immediate to reduce by 10)
Net effect: Healed 20 points

73/223 HP
(|)
(|)

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:37 am

Teodor holds steady this turn in a defensive stance, Finsternis recovering his maneuvers. [CE full]

AC: 98

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:22 pm

Ulrich uses a free action to drop AMF.
Osmund then hits him with a heal spell (1/day ability)
Ulrich then releases a Chain Dispel at the three ShadowGuards who are clustered together (1d20+34 dispel check /buff)
Osmund then raises a Casting Array (7th level spell)
Ulrich uses a move action for a Song of power, and activates BoB (2 charges)
He then lets out a MDJ using Divine Booster at Ariethil.
Free Action to return AMF.

Divine Booster: for a +4 CL
MDJ CL: 25+5+4+7=41 need a 59%+ to AMF cancel
AP Reroll: (failure)

Shadow Guard 1:

Shadow Guard 2:

Shadow Guard 3:

223/223 HP
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:35 pm

Ulrich's dispel burnt off the Invisibility, along with numerous other spells, off the three Shadow Guards. His Disjunction failed to achieve any noticeable results, not that there was any noticeable spells on Ariethil to dispel.

The three Shadow Guards (whom the dispel hit) then quickly dispersed...
Two of them each drew out a scroll and cast it upon Derovarr and Ulrich's position (spellcraft: Solid Fog), and fog spreads from both sides of the two and into the AMF (although the fog within the AMF isn't "solid", only the fog not AMF's obstructs movement).
The third one teleports to the top of the fog bank, takes out a rather large grenade, and hurls it straight in...
( too low DC and you both have evasion..., check for natural 1s )

The two guards around Teodor continues to keep their eye on him in a defensive and guarding posture...

Around the battlefield, three tactical spells was released by the remaining engaged WMS units. Two of them were detonated just after launch once again by the Imperial counter-fire tactic, and only one - another volley of Disintegration Rays, which manages to lance out and destroy several Imperial combat vehicles in their formation. WMS Pearl which released it however, quickly reports coming under the same sniper fire that caused Cascade to withdraw.

[telecomm] Ariethil: "Circles seconds to completion, all forces prepare to make the jump once the Battlemasters go in to seize their attention."

( Drew: your turn )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:31 pm

Derovarr moves out of the fog by about 30ft (freedom of movement), and, upon seeing the guard who's on top of it, immediately takes off after him.

(swift to engage Travel devotion to move out of the fog, 1TU swift action to activate BoB for move action and move to within 10ft of the Shadow Guard, 1(free)AP to activate wraithstrike, full attack on Shadow Guard)

Attack 1: 62, touch; Damage 86
Attack: 2: 68, touch; Damage 77
Attack 3: 66 (threat; 60 confirm); Damage 144
Attack 4: 50, touch; Damage 51
Attack 5: 47, touch; Damage 89

(Phalanx recharges non-epic maneuvers)
(For the record, if the SG dies before Derovarr's finished attacking, then Derovarr will stop attacking)

HP: 206/324
(Hasted)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:04 am

Derovarr easily cut apart the Shadow Guard in just two hits, slicing his body evenly into four separate pieces, which proceeded to fall down into the solid fog below...

Ariethil however, looked distracted for a slight moment, and then cast Find the Gap & Superior Invisibility upon herself, followed by teleporting out...

within second, a frantic call came over the telecomm from WMS Pearl: "We're under attack!!---"

( dave: go )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:14 am

Teodor pulls out a scroll of Vision and casts it to hack into a different channel. He then uses move and swift action 'ports to slice and dice the nearby Guards.

Attack rolls (all touch):
Pounce 1:
41, 43, 28 (...)

Pounce 2:
56 (nat 20, confirm 50), 38, 39

Damage:
Pounce 1:
30+1Con, 32+1Con, 21+1Con

Pounce 2:
32(64)+1Con, 26+1Con, 19+1Con

AC: 82
Touch: 62

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:35 pm

|

()

Return to “Game Summaries”