Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Battle of Lake Llavain

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:10 am

[Telecomm]Derovarr: Enemy fighters inbound. Retribution, Retribution, ready to shred them when they come into range. WMS Valiant, prepare to move in.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:44 am

The fighter squad first dispersed southwards, then flew in and converged upon the Retribution from the starboard hemisphere, rapidly accelerating as they made their approach. Once they broke formation, four additional targets were noticed trailing right behind them - heavy missiles also aimed straight at the Retribution with an almost perfect shot down the keel, coming in at a much higher speed and acceleration.

The missiles struck in seconds, and even assuming the crew were fast enough, the only turret that could be brought to bear - the bow turret, had been deprived of its armament. The Vindicator fired its starboard broadside, but the angled shots and the missiles' high speed lead to a low accurate rate. The Retribution's missile batteries then opened fire, but all four of the missiles rushed through the storm of fire with its shields flaring and the warhead, lightly armored as it is, shrugging off what little punishment that did get through... and crashed straight into the Retribution's bow.
The Spell-Shields held as long as they could against the high explosive missiles, one hit, two hits, but when the third and fourth came in simultaneously, the ship's bow literally exploded, showering the entire deck with hull splinters and debris.
( 52 slashing/piercing damage, REF DC 20 halves - I think all of you can evade this easily, and if not the shields would absorb it )

Then the fighters came. The starboard's two remaining turrets managed to stop one each, while Samael's prismatic wall stopped four more fighters in a series of explosions, including all the ones aimed at the deck. But six broke through and slammed into the ship. Two of them crashed into the ship's bridge, the force of impact combined with the explosion overwhelmed the shields, breached the armor, and destroying the bridge itself. One crashed into the starboard missile battery, which once again managed to hold thanks to the Spell Shielding. The last three fighters impacted the ship's hull, their explosions punching through the armored bulwarks and into the internal compartments. The ship lurched heavily, then a second blast sounded deep within the Retribution as the core exploded. Shipwide communications had been completely wiped out on the spot, access to the lower decks were as gone as the bridge, and the Retribution quickly began to plummet towards the ground.

Despite the carnage, the remaining Crusaders and Warmages on the deck all survived thanks to the Prismatic Wall's cover.

Meanwhile...

[telecomm] Cary: "A phased shot won't catch much, but I guess it's better than nothing."

[telecomm] "This is Cascade, we're under sniper fire! I think! Berry just exploded without warning!"

The Vindicator then began to charge up its rune-cannon again, while to the south, four war magic arrays began to condense once more. The war magic spells completed themselves while the squad onboard the Retribution were still sorting out the situation. The Vindicator fired off its shot, completely unaffected by the Imperials' shrapnel barrage this time, which went into an Imperial artillery formation and burst. As the fire died, two smoking hulks could be seen plummeting down towards the ground below. In the south, two separate energy volleys were unleashed (spellcraft: cold & electric substituted fire storm) alongside two bursts of green rays (spellcraft: phalanx disintegrate), and the skies were dotted with bursts of flames.
( smokes around the Retribution made it impossible to figure out the general results, and only the spells were roughly seen by Derovarr and Teodor at all )

[telecomm] "There's a surprisingly high degree of coordination between their units here, providing counterfire for one another."

[telecomm] "Still, we nailed some vehicles this time."

Teodor notices at this time that the machine-like voice continued over the Imperial channels, giving out instructions detailed down to companies and individual platoons, sometimes even squads.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:16 pm

[Telecomm]Derovarr: Retribution is going down! All crew and Banner attack group move to the Vindicator! If we don't get some support soon, we're going to have to jump out!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:07 pm

[Telecom] Lord Rothwynn, I'm getting some odd intercepts, it seems that someone over there is in command down to the platoon, even squad level. Whoever it is sounds...inhuman, vaguely like what the Imperials would call computer-generated speech, I suppose is a good term.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:59 pm

As the war magic sections the powered up for another volley. Attack Group Banner took off from the decks of the dying Sky Galleon and crossed over to the Vindicator.

[telecomm] "We're under attahhHHH!!..."

[telecomm] Daethelar: "Comm lost with WMS Jade."

[telecomm] Ceriele: "Probably the same enemy response unit. I'll take my squad and intercept them!"

[telecomm] "Just lost Rowes, we can't figure out where the sniper fire is coming from! And our force sphere isn't stopping it!"

[telecomm] Daethelar: "WMS Cascade, withdraw, I repeat, withdraw back to strike group."

[telecomm] "Roger."

[telecomm] Aelisar: "Reserve Strike Group port over to Vindicator's position and give them some support! Derovarr, Cary, you have command of Reserve Strike in Ceriele's absence."

[telecomm] Ceriele: "In Patrons' name, that's Ariethil and her Shadow Guards assaulting us! Request backup! I repeat request backup at [rough position]"

Two Assault Skiffs and few hundred mages then teleported in all around the Vindicator, additional Asperi Dragoons incapable of teleporting and could not be fitted into the Airindale weaves then began disembarking from the Skiffs to form a close perimeter while the independent units formed the outer perimeter around all three ships.

Meanwhile Cary busy shouting onboard the Vindicator and pointing her sword to the south. "...hold! Enemy flight on approach from south! Swivel the turrets for Solid Fogs! Mages put up force walls and ready solid fogs if you can! Otherwise ready blasting and wait for my mark!"

(Spot DC50): Through the dispersing smoke left by the Retribution, you notice another fighter squadron and missiles (the fighters didn't hide it this time) on approach from the south, heading towards you and the Vindicator.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:00 am

[Telecomm]Derovarr: Reserve Group cover us while we regroup! Commander Spekes, you're in charge of this position! Continue to fire phase shots! Commander Haborym! Once we regroup over at the deck of the Vindicator! Teleport us over to Ceriele's position.

Once on the deck of the Vindicator, Derovar summons his armor into his ring, casts Valiant Fury in himself, and readies to re-summon the armor once he's been teleported over to Ceriele's position.

HP: 324/324
AC: 86
Touch: 54
SR: 29
PR: 36
Protection from Ranged: 750/750
Shield Points: (684/1000), (1000/1000)
(Hasted)
Auras: Defensive Commander (+6 dodge to AC), Coordination Commander (+6/+6d6 on attacks Coordinated by Derovarr (i.e. charging, mass attacks against single opponents, etc)
Stance: Leading the Charge (+24 damage on charge attacks)
Initiative: 25
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:02 am

[ everyone gets three rounds of time (or two if you're doing the teleport), good time to do some short term buffs/preps if you want ]

also... initiative...
|

()

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:40 am

Samal casts Eyes of the Oracle on himself, Arjuna casts Eyes of the Oracle on itself. Samael casts Ghostform. (DDC 36) He then Combat Expertises to full before teleporting.

Readied Actions:
EotO: cast Heal if indomitability is expended
Arjuna EotO: cast indomitability on samael if it is expended
Arjuna Immediate: cast greater deflection guard if attacked

Initiative: 28
AC: 84 (104 if GDG triggers)
Touch AC: 65 (85 if GDG triggers)
Last edited by TheDude51 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:12 pm

Ulrich casts Recitation on the last round before the teleport (DDC 45)
Recitation is a +2 Luck to Attack, AC, and Saves. +3 if you worship the Church of Misalin.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:32 pm

Kati will be staying with Cary's command squad on the Vindicator.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:34 pm

(Since I managed to steal a few minutes to get on, I guess I can post init.)

Init: 34
No new buffs

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:14 pm

As Derovarr's command prepared to make the teleport, the Imperial fighters and missiles swooped in from the south. The faster missiles came in first, and the mages of the strike reserve quickly put up walls to stop their approach, while the less capable casters hurled blasting spells at them. The resulting explosions as the warheads smashed in rocked the formation and shattered almost every force wall raised against them, and one unlucky Asperi Dragoon was killed after being struck directly. However none of the missiles made it through to strike their intended target: the Vindicator.

The fighters then accelerated in, and the close perimeter mages as well as ship armaments opened fire. Four of them were shredded by the missile batteries, three more by the Vindicator's and Assault Skiffs' turrets, and the last five by a combination of chain reactions and the mages' defensive fire. However many of the fighters were already close or even within the outer perimeter by the time they were stopped, and their explosions rocked the formation. Many of the mage squads were ordered to shift positions as those with heavy shield depletion were withdrew inwards.

During the middle of all this, two more phase shots was fired by the Vindicator, and the second volley of war magic spells was unleashed to the south, but no-one could tell what happened over the explosions of the missile/fighter attack. Over the telecomm it seems Ceriele's squad was getting badly mauled by Ariethil's superior troops.

Then, the scene changed as Samael teleported the squad to the intended target location...

After a few seconds of readjustment, the squad notices they are now to the northeast of the 22nd brigade and directly south of approaching Crimson brigade. About ~300ft south of you, 4 Haven Windstrider section mages could be seen, and no enemies. However, it was obvious that the 4 were still under attack from invisible foes, presumably under Superior Invisibility. A number of dead mages and Asperi could be seen hundreds of feet below, still in the middle of falling towards the ground.

(Note: Not much point posting positions given the fact everyone keeps darting around, but it's an air battle so there's not really much issue with line-of-attack... once you get into True Seeing range)

( when you move closer, you notice about 7 Shadow Guards in Imperial uniforms plus Ariethil, scattered out in the area and assaulting the Windstrider survivors. Ceriele was also still around and under Superior Invisibility, but the Vice-Commander Canon was nowhere to be seen ).

( Dave's first... however since party members go one after another, depending on your actions it may not be necessary to wait for the others to post [shrug] )
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:06 am

Samael activates his Flame Jets, then double moves 200 feet towards the combat to get into sight of the fighters, maintaining full CE. Robilar's Gambit is active.

Readied Actions:
EotO: cast Heal if indomitability is expended
Arjuna Ready: cast indomitability on samael if it is expended
Arjuna Immediate: cast greater deflection guard if attacked

AC: 84 (104 if GDG triggers)
Touch AC: 65 (85 if GDG triggers)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:57 am

After shaking off the disorienting effects of the teleport, Derovarr also activates his jet boost and moves in to aid the elves. (free to activate jet boost, move 260ft towards Ceriele, CE to ful, swift change from Leading the Charge stance to Pearl of Black Doubt)

[Telecomm]: We're on our way, Commander Ceriele!

HP: 324/324
AC: 110
Touch: 78
SR: 29
PR: 36
Protection from Ranged: 750/750
Shield Points: (684/1000), (1000/1000)
(Hasted)
Auras: Defensive Commander (+6 dodge to AC), Coordination Commander (+6/+6d6 on attacks Coordinated by Derovarr (i.e. charging, mass attacks against single opponents, etc)
Stance: Pearl of Black Doubt (+2 dodge to ac for every failed melee attack, resets to +0 every round)

Active Characters:

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Teodor advances 180', CE full.

AC: 94
Touch: 94

(This is probably the only post you guys will get out of me today, I'm driving home after classes and have yet to pack.)

Return to “Game Summaries”