INITIATIVE:
Tristan: 34
Coric: 27
Derovarr: 23
Samael: 22
Kovis: 22
Crusaders
Spellguards

POSITIONS (0:latitude,0:longitude,0:altitude) being center of Assault Skiff (500ft above ground):
Derovarr: (0, 350, -470)
Samael: (65, 460, 20)
Kovis: (5, 335, -445)
Coric: (0, 20, 0)
Crusader Squad (10 ACR8): Skiff
Crusader Squad (10 ACR10): Skiff
Airindale Spellguards x 6: Scattered about...
Tristan: (0, 380, -455)

Cael : ( 100, 400, 0 )
Osmund : ( 75, 330, -500 )

AURAS:
Derovarr: Defensive Commander (+6 Dodge to AC), Coordinate Commander (+6 Attack / +6d6 Damage if attack at same time as Derovarr)
Kovis: Foebane(Arcanists) (+4 Attack / Damage vs. Arcanist), Melee (+4 Melee Attack)

DEROVARR
Buffs: Gone

KATI
Buffs: Morale Facade[DDC44], Empowered Visions of the Future[DDC44], Energy Immunity(Acid,Cold,Electricity,Energy,Negative)[DDC44], Empowered Greater Insignia of Warding[DDC44], Empowered Mass Protection from Range[DDC44], Empowered Fortunate Fate[DDC44], Eyes of the Oracle[DC44]

SAMAEL
Buffs: Empowered Greater Insignia of Warding[DDC44], Empowered Mass Protection from Range[DDC44], Empowered Fortunate Fate[DDC44], Indomitability[DDC40], Fell Flight[DDC40], See the Unseen[DDC40], Dark One's Own Luck(REF)[DDC40], Heart of Earth[DDC40], Heart of Air[DDC40], Dark Foresight[DDC40], Elemental Body(Fire)[DDC40], Eyes of the Oracle[DDC39], Arcane Spellsurge [DDC39], Superior Invisibility [DDC36]

TEODOR
Buffs: Gone

ULRICH
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Battle of Quarter Cross

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:59 am

Order of Battle:
Primary Command Squad (not including Kati)
Kovis
2 Squads of Warmagi
2 Squads of Crusaders (equipped with METAAC grenades (empowered orb of sound))

Initiative: 28

Daily Buffs:
Immunity to Energy (Acid)
Immunity to Energy (Cold)
Immunity to Energy (Electricity)
Immunity to Energy (Fire)
Immunity to Energy (Sonic)
Immunity to Energy (Pure)

AC: 79
Touch: 47

Auras:
Watchful (+6 listen, spot, init), Dodge (+6 dodge to ac)

Stance: Leading the Charge

Rally 1: Comrades! Rally!
Rally 2: FOR THE ALLIANCE!
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:12 am

Init: 28 (I go pre-Drew, I expect (Dex 21))

Buffs:
(Daily: Technomagic Interface) (DDC 32)
(Daily: Heart of Earth) (DDC 25)
Shaped Antimagic Field (DDC: Infinity)

Teodor refuses all the Energy Immunities.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:35 am

Note to Judson: Have Jens use his rod of chaining to cover both of the warmage squads with Superior Invisibility.
[marked for deletion after Judsons post]

DM NOTE: Post your daily buffs too [w/ DDCs]... too hard to dig them out from some of the char sheets

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:50 am

Init 32
DDCs: 48 (44+4 for Kati's Arvitor Aura)
First four buffs also get boosted with Song of Divine Power, for +4 CL and DDC (for a final of 52 DDC)

First buff: Greater Spell immunity (Chained)
Second buff: Energy Immunity (Electricity) (Chained)
Third Buff: Energy Immunity (Pure Energy) (Chained)
Fourth Buff: Energy Immunity (Fire)(Chained)
Fifth Buff: Greater Insignia of Warding
Sixth Buff: Soul of Light
Seventh Buff: Healing Lorecall
Eight Buff: Mass Protection from Ranged
Total Cast time: 8 rounds

Spell Immunity spells: Disintigrate, Fireball, Firestorm, Shivering Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Power Word Petrify, Harm,______
Last edited by Squall255 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:41 am

Kati casts a Twinned Casting Array to power a Phalanx Empowered Mass Protection from Range on all of the Misalenian forces. (375 points of protection) (DDC 43)
She also casts Indomitability on Jens, Derovarr, Teodor, Ulrich, and Kovis (DDC42)
During the casting of the Phalanx Spell, Kara casts two Mass Protection from Range spells and one Empowered Mass Protection from Range spell on the Crusaders and any PCs who want it. (DDC: 42) (giving an additional 840 points of protection)

Jens casts a Chained Superior Invisibility, covering the warmagi and the Command Squad, then casts True Seeing on himself (DDC: 44)
Daily Buffs:
Dragonsight: Half distance penalties to spot, blindsense 100ft, darkvision 200ft
Elemental Body (Fire): Immunity to Critical Hits, Fire, Flanking, Magical Sleep, Paralysis, Poison, Stunning
Heart of Earth: +30 Temporary HP, Swift action to activate Stoneskin (DR 10/adamantine)
Primal Instinct: +5 Initiative & Survival, +5 Knowledge (Arcana)
Primal Senses: +5 Listen & Spot, Blindsense 10ft, (Uncanny Dodge)
Daily Buff DDC: 40

Jens refuses the Energy Immunity (Fire)

Samael casts Indomitability and a Shaped Antimagic Field on himself (DDC: 40)
Daily Buffs:
Fell Flight
See the Unseen
Dark One's Own Luck (reflex)
Heart of Earth
Heart of Air
Dark Foresight
Elemental Body (Fire)
Daily Buff DDC: 36

Samael refuses the Energy Immunity (Fire) and the Greater Insignia of Warding

Jens Init: 40
Samael Init: 34
Last edited by TheDude51 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:55 am

Just as everyone finally gets ready at the Blackbog teleportation keep, Kovis gives Derovarr an update:
"My forces are heavily mauled already. Reynold isn't sure what exactly the situation is but he does know casualties are reaching critical levels. Agnes has managed to scry the location of the source of the enemy artillery ( gives coordinates ). However they also noticed lights... presumably from Imperial vehicles, coming towards them from a few miles out."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:57 am

"Alright, when we move in, casters will immediately move to block as much of incoming any fire as possible, while the cavalry and scouts begins to pull out. Battlemasters will form up and hit the enemy, and buy us as much time as possible.

We teleport in to Angnes Kerpen's position.

Move!"

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:26 am

( and the group makes the teleport transit... )

You emerge in what is essentially a holocaust. The location where you arrive obviously used to be the Misalinian expedition force's camp, except everything's been reduced to smoldering ruins or worse. Craters dotted the landscape, fires raged where flammables were still available, and dead men and mounts could be seen everywhere. Individual sections of troops could be seen here and there, battered and demoralized, hiding behind a barrier or wall raised by some mage.

The battlemasters ? the mages had more important troops to care about, and their losses were probably even worse. It seems they scattered though, as virtually none were still around the camp grounds.

Agnes could be seen not far away, about 50ft in the air with several layers of Blade Barriers near her, sheltering the troops below - although both her and most of the two squads of unmounted cavaliers below her are covered in just-healed cuts, brought by force splinters which flung out when shells shattered against the Blade Barriers. Reynold was just a bit below her, playing a song to boost the fire resistance of the troops and keeping their morale just above breaking...

Another volley landed just within seconds of teleporting over, and a wave of shrapnel engulfed the entire area once again.
( everyone take 118 shrapnel damage )

Noticing the arrivals, Kerpen quickly shouted "Thank Pelor! I've order what remained of the Battlemasters to scatter when the bombardment hit but... we don't have their speed!"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:45 am

(1097 from Protection from ranged remaining).

Emerging from the energies of the teleportation, and the shower of shrapnel, Derovarr raises his halberd high, and called his shattered forces to battle.
"Misalinians! ARISE!" (Rally 1)
He called out, eyes blazing with holy power as a wave of golden energy overlapped his Starmantle Cloak, and quickly spread out and enveloped his form. For an instant, this pure golden energy caused him to glow almost as bright as the sun. Then, in an instant, the energy was absorbed within him, and released. Like a great tide, a wave of nigh-unbreakable courage swept over the remaining Misalinians.

After finishing his spell, he quickly called his armor.

"Casters! Block incoming fire!"

(Standard, cast greater cloak of courage, swift rally, 1 TU for swift to burn two BoB charges for standard to call armor).

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:22 am

The last barrage costed some more troops, even including a few from those protected by Agnes.
The remaining troops around the camp though, under the cover of the mages' wall effects, retreated to the center, where Kovis put up a Prismatic Wall to shield the survivors.
There were probably less than 50 of them remaining...
Kovis: "Can we reform the Battlemasters ?"
Reynold: "Even if we can before the enemy sweeps over here, I don't expect much. They weren't even buffed when the first barrage hit, nor are they inside the camp wards like our soldiers were. Most of them were dead, if that's the right term, even before I managed to get around to ordering them to scatter out."

The lights to the north were drawing even closer... rows of them, around just one to two miles out.
( as any driver knows, distance is really dam hard to tell in the dark ).

Kovis then turned about and spoke to Derovarr: "With what we know of their speed, I can't get a Teleportation Circle up before they come into range."

[Telecomm] Aelisar: "Lord Derovarr, I've got one company of mages buffed up and ready to make the jump if needed. Captain Ansrikyvin also reports his air fleet ready to go at any time, although I'd can't afford to throw them in without better information on the enemy. Remember that our mage forces are limited in this campaign. We can also open up Teleportation Circles within 3 minutes time to start bringing in Battlemasters."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Message to Telecomm/Those around him: Look. We don't have time to bring in more troops, let alone form them up. We don't have 3 minutes either. Aelisar, order your ships to jump, but tell them to make room. It's going to get crowded. Send in your mage squad to. Agnes, I don't care what state they're in, tell the battlemasters to buff up as much as they can, and hit the enemy line as fast as they can!

I don't care how many are left: 50, 20, 10. We don't leave anyone behind!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:54 pm

After a moment Agnes replied back: "I only got to about four of the original battlemaster companies, what remains of them will buff up and attack immediately. However the rest of the command chain has been thoroughly shattered, if the units are even there anymore."

In under half a minute, twenty Airindale Assault Skiffs suddenly appeared in the overhead skies at low altitude (~100ft+), with a full company of Gemstone mages scattered about the formation.

Light sources immediately began to appear in the night skies from the north as dozens... no hundreds of flares lit up the sky. They appear to be launched at a direct angle towards their targets this time, coming in with a faster approach vector than those silo-based missiles at Trias.

"Incoming missiles!" yelled a few of the noncoms in the formations above, particularly from the fore of the Airindale formation about 150ft north of the party's position.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:19 pm

"COUNTER FIRE!!!" Derovarr roared, motioning his halberd towards the incoming ordinance.

(Derovarr uses Moment of Alacrity. No, no spamming, just justification for going first.)

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Jens soars up to the front of the Airindale formation, between them and the oncoming flares. Caelotheir casts Arcane Spellsurge on him as he casts a Prismatic Wall between the Airindale forces and the incoming missiles.

Samael also flies upwards 150 feet, angling forwards to get between the Airindalians and the incoming missiles. Arjuna casts Arcane Spellsurge on him, and Samael erects a second Prismatic Wall.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Game Summaries”