Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Final Preparations

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:59 pm

Marshal nods in response:
"Trias is indeed our first target in the Eastern Campaign, but we plan not to strike from the south. The Trias Pass fortifications have been the gate of Norinth for centuries, warded and reinforced heavily, and further boosted by the Imperials' automated weaponry. The garrison force may have been reduced but they are still every bit as deadly. No, we have no intention of walking straight into their most hardened set of teeth. Instead, my officers and I plan to establish our beachhead 50 miles east of Trias and begin teleporting in our troops there, with the mountain to our back which will hopefully deter their mobility somewhat."

Aelisar looks at the map, then back at Derovarr:
"Starfall does indeed seem to be one of the lighter defended cities of Norinth. If you believe that to be the best opening beachhead for the Eastern campaign offensive, I have no objections. After all, the battle line is yours to command, Lord Derovarr."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:17 pm

"And I would wish nothing of the sort upon your soldiers Marshal. What's important here is not necessarily where we attack our target, but the distance between our theatres. What we want to do is keep their attention divided as much as possible. They do not have the forces to wage an effective war on two fronts. In theory, that advantage is ours. So we will use it.

Western Campaign Forces will begin our assualt by moving their soldiers into position and establishing their Beachhead. When it becomes apparent that enemy will be contesting your attack, a joint Airindalian - Misalinian attack force will strike the city Starfall. Unlike during the Battle of Trias, these will not be merely surgical strike teams, mere samples of our attack ability, these will be full attack groups. If timed properly, our joint strike should throw the enemy into chaos.

In the days following our first attack, we will continue to pepper our enemy with surgical strikes across the entire country. These smaller strikes will keep the enemy frantic, and will buy us time to prepare for our next major offensive. For, if we manage to force them into the defensive, then they will have less time to counter-attack us. And so the pattern will continue until we have battered our enemies into submission."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:21 pm

"Starfall...I like it. There is one other piece of pertinent information: Norinth forces are being equipped with Protection from Evil rings at a large rate. They won't be able to cover all their troops fast enough, but they'll get a good number. I think it should be obvious to all of us what they're attempting to counter with such a large-scale equipment effort."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:28 am

The plan seems solid. However, it would most likely be beneficial to consider what steps the Imperium generals might take to counter it. They have proven resourceful, and the one thing they are certain not to do is sit back and let us do as we please.

The thing that concerns me most is that the Imperials may decisively engage one front with nearly all of their forces in an attempt to obliterate that front entirely, and then be free to devote all their attention to the other front.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:38 am

Daethelar:
"Indeed that's always a possibility. Unfortunately I don't see what else we can do. The Battlemasters are hardly the best of creatures to work together with another, warforged included. Our mages have to keep their distance from them, and only the Misalinian's Golem Armored troops can fight alongside. Unless you have a better proposal Captain, I don't see how we can effectively field the two types of troops upon the same battlefield without them leading to friendly fire upon one another."

Aelisar:
"Of course, the Airindale's mobile mage forces will remain available to be redeployed elsewhere should the need arise and the Imperials focus upon only one of our two attacks, and so will Captain Ansrikyvin's Gemstone Fleet."

Banner:
"So will my commando squads. We can also load our Sky Galleons with additional troops for fast transportation into needed regions, should the circumstances arise to demand for it."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:52 am

Daethelar:
"Well either way, I do believe they're trying to ensure their troops' safety to the Insanity Auras of our battlemasters. Pity, but fortunately that's far from the only thing they need to worry about, and devoting their industry to one front means they can't allocate the same resources to cover their other lackings."

Marshal:
"In that case, I see no reason not to continue with our current planning of having Naralan forces establishing a beachhead east of Trias. I have assurance from the Kingdom forces commander that they will support us also. And I do agree that we should launch the attacks simultaneously to overwhelm their defensive forces. What would be your suggestion on timing, Lord Derovarr ?"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:04 am

"That all depends on when you believe you can have your forces prepared and ready to engage the enemy Marshal. Airindalian and Misalinian forces will stand-by while you get into position, in the instance that you require any support. As its quite likely that the Imperium may try to undermine you.

We shall make our attack during the early morning of tomorrow. Perhaps it would be prudent to use Control Weather spells give the Eastern Attack Group some 'elemental' cover?" Derovarr asked, looking in the direction of the elves.

"Not that its entirely necessary. I believe that our attack will be fairly straightforward anyway."

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:10 am

Even as Derovarr speaks, Kovis suddenly shifted his posture... as if he was concentrating upon something.

Marshal:
"Our forces are ready, and I believe we have delayed long enough, we can move out as soon as you are available, and tomorrow morning sound as good as..."

Then suddenly Kovis slammed his fist on the table, hard, drawing the attention of everyone around the table.
"Reynold's message, my forces in the Fens are under heavy Imperial attack! They haven't actually seen the enemy yet but they're under heavy bombardment from what he presume to be Imperial artillery! Holy Pelor, it's turning into a complete firestorm over there! All he knows is he thinks they might be coming from the north!"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:33 am

"Very well then, let this meeting come to a close. You all have your orders. Carry them out. Misalinians! Back to Blackbog! We would appreciate any help that the Airindalians can spare." Derovarr said, exiting the room.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:44 am

Aelisar then quickly casts a spell ( Telepathic Bond ) upon Derovarr.

"We'll provide help if we can, but remember Derovarr - no needless heroics, our command staffs have already lost too much, we don't need any more death on the eye of battle."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:48 am

"We've all lost much. Now we're going to prevent more." Derovarr replied telepathically why staring at her, as he left the room.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:40 am

( after everything's over when you have enough time for Debriefing )

Dolch reports the Citadels' mission to be a partial success. They managed to insert into Trias and gather near the Teleportation Keep without much problems, and their attack completely overwhelmed the Keep's squad of defenders. However, the plasma turret emplacements inside the Keep took a toll upon the Citadels who tried to get inside to toss their grenades - where their bursts would be far more effective. They disintegrated / grenaded the four turrets and then expended more than half their grenades, which managed to bring the collapse of the Teleportation Keep.
When the launched the attack against the Shadow Keep however, Blacklore and Shadow guards in the area began congregated in the area, which combined with the defensive turrets, kept the Citadel from making it into the Shadow Keep. They had to let loose their grenades from outside and get out as soon as possible, and the keep took critical damage, but did not collapse.

The city quickly put itself under security lockdown, while the local Cross Knights and Knight Enforcers began to scan the city, whom managed to discover many of the squads trying to hide out. Any casualty they managed to inflict is unknown, as most of them were wiped out with overwhelming force.

Only ~30% of the Citadels returned from the mission.

Dolch estimates that his forces probably killed around 40~50 Blacklore and Shadow Guards in all the fighting and wounded again that amount. He barely managed to get out by a thread ( literally, as he lost an arm doing it - getting it regen'd by the Misalinians ).
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:37 am

From( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=837&p=12157#p12157 )

During the return trip, Captain Ansrikvyin of the Gemstone Air Fleet expressed a certain degree of disapproval for Derovarr. After coming by to visit the Misalin survivors, the Captain commented to Derovarr: "You risked our only mobile air force for this ?"

After everyone returns, Aelisar calls for another meeting at Thatahl Keep to address the current situation, especially noting to bring the officers of the Expedtionary force.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:10 am

"Well, clearly calling the entire fleet to pick up 50 survivors was not brightest thought that has graced my mind. It was reckless, incredibly risky, and I will make sure that it does not happen again. (Diplomacy 65)" Derovarr said, clearly not pleased with himself.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:15 am

The Captain suddenly look quite taken back, for Derovarr's answer was apparently not what he expected at all.

" Well, that's good I guess. I'd hate to lose my ships for something that would hardly even impact the war. " he said as he walked off...

( after the debriefing ... )

Agnes:
"I managed to gather some more information on the enemy who attacked our Fens Expedition Force through both Scrying and Prying Eyes I deployed at the front. Combined with Vision spells, I believe the enemy force in question is only a single Imperial Brigade - the 36th Assault Brigade, commanded by Dragoslav Popovic."

Kanaer:
"No wonder why their volley was lighter than I expected."

Daethelar:
"My sources confirms the same. The enemy is also currently heading south along along the eastern edge of the Blackbog swamp on a route that will take them directly to here at Thatahl Keep. They were a bit less than 300 miles away from Thatahl Keep last I checked, which means with the known speed of their heavy units they will reach us in between 3 to 4 hours of time. I don't know if their commander is being overconfident to think they can take us on alone, or if they are merely provoking us in a probing attack, but we must respond appropriately. The region around Thatahl Keep are all under a wide area lockdown effect, and if the enemy attacks us while our Battlemasters are simply grouped here, the Battlemasters will lose one of their primary advantages in the field - their tactical teleportation capabilities."

Ceriele:
"Not to mention this is a valuable opportunity for us. We're given a chance to not only try our hand at an undersized enemy force to gain experience on how to take on their forces, but also the ability to smash one of their six Brigades while its operating by itself."

Reynold:
"Although first of all we need a proper plan on how to deal with that artillery. My forces were wiped out before they even saw the enemy! Not mentioning even properly buffed Battlemasters can only last so long against that kind of barrage."

Daethelar:
"They do seem to keep a certain distance between the frontline units and the artillery units though. However scrying identifies that their artillery are still guarded by attached Missile Carrier units and reserve infantry forces."
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Summaries”