Orc Lair Raid

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Orc Lair Raid

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:45 am

Jens turns towards the last remaining ogre, quickly flinging an Orb of Fire at it, following it with an enlarged Orb of Fire empowered by Valignat.

34 touch, 88 damage
45 touch, 115 damage
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:38 pm

Both orbs strike the ogre, covering much of its back with silver fire for a brief moment and leaving serious burns. The ogre, not even slowed by its pain, then charges straight at the armored form of Derovarr with burning rage.
( 64 attack; 188 damage )

[ Next: Teodor, Klaus, back to top...]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:56 pm

(AC 90)
Derovarr, already in a defensive stance, easily dodges the blow with a slight shift in body movement.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 pm

Teodor launches another bolt while flying another 90' up.

Attack: 39 touch
Damage: 20 searing fire, 20 pure energy

Klaus's readied action triggers when the ogre attacks Derovarr.

Attack: 40 touch (50 if it has arcane SLAs/spells/invocations)
Damage: 49 nonprecision, 23 precision

On Klaus's turn, he regains psionic focus and fires an arrow at the ogre.
Attack: 33 touch
Damage: 47 nonprecision, no precision

(Note that if I'm labelling Klaus's attacks as touch, that means I'm expending PsiFocus on Fell Shot)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Two more arrows and another plasma bolt flies into the ogre, but while its damage is physically obvious, the ogre doesn't seem to even react to the additional wounds as it continues its unrelenting attack towards Derovarr.

( no end-of-round updates... Derovarr's still talking over telecomm. )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 pm

Since Ulrich delayed...

Derovarr Spends his turn finishing his comm message, and keeping his defensive stance. (AC 90)

Active Characters:

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:29 am

Osmund spends his action casting Dispel Magic (3rd level spell) into ulrich's Rod of Absorbtion. Ulrich does the same, only with a 6th level GDM from his Sublime Chord list.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:40 am

Samael moves up in a defensive stance and unleashes the crushing weight of an Ancient Mountain Hammer on the Ogre Champion.

(Full CE, maintaining Robilar's Gambit; AC is now 75)

Attack: 35 touch (Find the Gap)
Damage: 78, ignoring DR
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:13 am

Jens fires another volley of Orbs of Fire at the ogre, one normal and one enlarged and empowered.

Orb 1: 35 attack, 82 damage
Orb 2: nat 20, 49 confirm, 224 damage (assuming a confirmation)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:38 am

The last ogre lashes out with his chain as Samael moves up, only to have it parried back away by his glaive. Samael then delivers a successful attack to the ogre, followed closely by an orb from Jens, yet the ogre continue to reach towards him despite the glaive protruding from his back...
then Jens' second orb smashes straight onto its shoulders and exploded with silver fury, engulfing the entire head and upper chest with fire. A moment later the ogre collapses onto the ground... its head and the uppermost portions of its body no longer seen.

Shift returns a simple acknowledgement over the telecomm: "Roger that".

A moment later, the warmage captain returns a message: "Sir, we're Misalin warmages, not Airindale war-wizards - our teleportation ability barely covers our own numbers, and maybe just a few additional units."

( enemies in visibility done for... so... what you up to now ? )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:04 am

Telecomm to Warmage Captain: Then grab as may as you can, and get back!

"Crusaders! All present companies will move to secure this lair while the battlemasters finish off the rest of the orcs in the tunnels. Use the tunnels and the opening and remember your training! Gods go with you!"

Telecomm to Battlemasters: Break all final pockets of enemy resistance, NO civilian casualties. Afterwards, secure the main entrance with enough troops to make a solid defense, and send any remaining troops into the forest to fortify the perimeter. There's going to be a delay in returning you all to Thatal Keep. So sit tight!

Telecomm to Shift: Command Squad is returning to Blackbog, remain cloaked, and keep in contact! Over!

"Command Squad! Prepare to teleport to Blackbog!"

(Just so there's no confusion: 30 Warmages will with grab as many crusaders as possible (of the 50 that are still airborn) and teleport back to Blackbog. Any remaining crusaders, and the other 20 warmages will help to secure the layer).

Active Characters:

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:22 am

Ulrich moves up casting another two spells into his Rod (same as last time) "Hey Jens, you mind helping me recharge a little?" *Note: this assumes Jens is smart enough to save his high level slots for upcoming battle. Juice me with level 2-3 spells kthnx.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:01 am

( actually I miscalculated, the warmage forces doesn't even have the teleport capacity to handle themselves - only by all of the commanders in the squad capable of teleporting going at once do you manage to take all 30 warmages )

Within a minute or so (assuming no-one objects), the command squad and three or so warmage squads lands back into the Blackbog Teleportation Keep in quick succession. It seems all is still peaceful thus far, and the troopers show no particular special sign of expecting an incoming attack. Actually they were quite cheerful to see Derovarr's return.
"Finished their sorry butts already Milord ? That was certainly a fast battle."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:06 am

"The battle was a rout with highly favorable casualty ratios. Now! We need to get this base on full alert! I want all standing forces at arms, and airships cloaked and shiften a quarter miles from the fort. Go!" Derovarr said, rushing out of the keep.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:14 pm

"Yes sir!" The guards only gave a quick confirmation of understanding before they began concentrating on dispatching messages, warning the various commanders at the keep. A insignia alarm was also triggered, calling the entire garrison to battle status...

As the seconds begun to roll, troops began to move out of the courtyard and inner keep and onto the walls, manning their stations and preparing their siege weapons. Although most of them still confused on what exactly the situation is. The two Sky Galleons parked overhead took nearly a minute to respond, but then they begun to power up the various system which were deactivated at stand-down while moving out of the Keep's airspace...

( you have two minutes since teleporting in before next event trigger... post what you're doing )
|

()

Return to “Game Summaries”