Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Orc Lair Raid

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:58 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:34 pm

Samael engages his Flame Jets, blasting forward into the foremost of the three defending METAACs, Arjuna boosting his attack with a True Strike.

59 Touch Attack (39 damage)

AC: 58
Touch AC: 39

Kati runs 480 feet up towards the Radiance, prepping a Firestorm via Eyes of the Oracle to intercept incoming shots.

AC: 65
Touch AC: 43
Superior Invisible
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:09 am

Ulrich flies down to the nearest fallen Crusader, hoping to be able to help them. (Fly speed is 140ft. good)
AC same as above, 55 (36touch)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:53 am

Samael's charge drove his glaive straight into the armor of the Metaac's right leg, causing a component of some kind with an attached wheel to be severed from the leg and fall down towards the Keep below.

Ulrich goes down towards the ground where the scattered remnants of numerous golem armored crusaders lie, and what see is horrifying even to a veteran of battle. In many of the impact points, the armor literally melted into a hole, but it didn't come out. Instead the molten armor went in, as metal drilled into those they protected, mauling their bodies even further, crushing bones, shattering limbs, completely separating bodyparts, and then resolidifying inside the bodies...
It didn't take much to realize that most of the bodies were beyond any possibility of resurrection. A few may be able to, and a few more also be resurrected with help of the strength draining Miracles... but definitely not many, and it may take a while to ascertain which ones have a chance to be raised.

The crusaders continued to move towards Derovarr's direction... trying to catch up.
In the south the Crusaders stopped trying to intercept the Hussars, as it became obvious they were avoiding them...

The two squads of Airindale mage teams surged through the Crusader formation, Storm Impulse on full. Wielding their heavy courtblades, she flew straight towards the defending Metaacs, then all three of them ejected their missile hatches and a storm of small missiles flew downwards to intercept. Many of them missed, and the rest of them were simply absorbed by the defensive wards on the elves. Several of the elven mages stopped halfway in the charge and formed orbs which they promptly shot towards the Metaacs - a dozen orbs, half of them were intercepted by the defensive lasers, while the others crashed into their shields. The assault mages surged upon two of the Metaacs, whom opened fire with their cannons to defend themselves. Both shots hit, but were once again nullified. The Metaacs then swiped with their huge blades as the elves charged into their range, and two Airindale mages staggered as the heavy steel struck them, leaving them badly wounded. But none of that stopped the charge, and a dozen courtblades thrusted towards the Metaacs, damaging their armor, ripping off surface components, and even cutting off a forearm. Moderate damage, but not severe enough... their courtblades were designed for finesse, not for cutting bulk as large as these...

Near Derovarr, Cary then flourishes her sword towards the unharmed Metaac and yelled "Now's our chance! Finish them!" and charges straight in (WMC), with the three Crusaders remaining in range following (Derovarr may also).
The pilot quickly evades while readying his cannon and taking one shot at Cary, but she ducks under the shot swiftly. Her primary sword missed, alongside two of the other Crusaders, but her left blade went straight into the Metaac's forward right arm, severing its 'hand' and damaging the axle of its foldout blade. Another Crusade then followed up and drove his halberd straight into the other side of the axle. Sparks flew and electricity surged across it, and the right arm was quickly ejected from the chassis from the shoulder and fell downwards... before it blew up a moment later.
She then leaped ten feet to the left side, and then pounces forward once again with her twin blades, cleaving off one of the gravitonic arrays to the Metaac's back and sending two sword thrusts straight into its unarmored rear components... which immediately began to emmit smoke.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:10 am

Derovarr roared with fury as he charged alongside of Cary and the other Crusaders.
(Attack role 57; Damage: 158)

"Tornado Blade! Take this bastard down!" Derovarr said, rallying his comrade to resume her devastating series of attacks.

(Swift action to change Mobile Commander to Coordination Commander, Move action to focus that aura on the current METAAC, Standard action to initiate Pile on, burn 1 TU and 1 AP to use WRT on Cary. +10 to all attacks, +10d6 to all damage from said attacks).

Telecomm: All Crusaders not currently engaged! Withdraw immediately to the protection of Keep! Double Time! Casters! Provide covering fire.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:21 am

Derovarr's halberd thrusts straight into the Metaac's left leg, removing a good chuck of its armor on it's way out.
"Got that!" responded Cary as she unleashes another bladestorm upon the Metaacs, hacking components and parts off, including two sword slashes on the cockpit itself - but didn't make any deep cut due to the armor. A moment later, the cockpit rocketed out of its rear socket, smoke spewing from two components on its sides, while the Metaac in question begun to fall from the sky, crashed into the ground below, and exploded violently.

Over the telecomm, Shift's voice resounded once again in the command squad's minds : "War magic completed... unleashed. Major earthquake erupting at the orc lair. Battlemasters report heavy tunnel collapse on all fronts. Instructing them to dimension door to surface."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:35 am

Jens soars forwards 1200 feet from his Prismatic Sphere, looking for the fleeing cockpits. (Spot check: 27)

Not seeing either of them, he stops there, Caelotheir readying an action to block any incoming shells with a Blade Barrier.

AC: 69
Touch AC: 54
Superior Invisibility
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:50 am

|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:03 am

Teodor calls over the telebond in a deadly serious mental voice, "Jens. Be very, very careful. Their best Ace is coming after you personally. Your strongest defense is likely needed." He flies 90' forward again, CE max.

Klaus zooms towards the walls, moving upwards and outwards at 360'.

ACs:
Teodor: 74 (touch 69)
Klaus: 20 (touch 14)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:24 am

|

()

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:35 am

Upon seeing the carnage that has already been wrought, Osmund initiates his Jet Booster ability to get them back into the battle. Ulrich then takes a run action, and then a readies to cast a healing spell when either Jens or the Elves take damage.(BoB for a standard action, moves 720 ft. towards Jens)
"Jens! I see you're taking after Samael. While I love seeing you, I've seen enough of your blood."

AC: 55 (36 Touch)
Last edited by Squall255 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:54 am

Samael dashes back in the direction of the Vindicator, activating Travel Devotion to increase his speed, dropping out of Robilar's Gambit. 300 feet total movement.

AC: 62

Kati also takes a full run towards the Radiance, moving 480 feet. Kara readies an action to cast a Prismatic Sphere if she is fired upon.
AC: 65
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:05 am

The war magic array near the teleportation keep finishes charging, and a storm of orbs of different colors burst out from it, heading towards the skies to the north where the Metaac squad just flew past the Radiance. The orbs went flying in at high speed, focused upon a single Metaac. Shields flared as they orbs crashed into them one after another, then... the shields died, and around ten orbs smashed straight into the Metaac, shattered components. The cockpit ejected within seconds, barely in time to escape the explosion which destroyed the Metaac.

A moment later, Shift notes again over the Telecomm. "Another unknown war magic spell starting its cast, one mile north of airship this time~!"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:33 am

Telecomm: Shift! Order the remaining Warmagi to move out of the lair with the crusaders covering them and prepare to dispel and block any shots! Stand by! I'm Sending Help!

Message to Kovis: Turn around and double back to the keep, and teleport to [Orc Layer Coordinates]. We need dispellers. Gods go with you! Over!

(Phalanx recharges maneuvers)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:41 am

Jens, realizing that the METAACs can see him despite his invisibility, quickly reverses course, double moving 600 feet back to join Derovarr and the Crusaders accompanying him.

Caelotheir readies an action to cast Prismatic Wall to protect the squad from any incoming shots.

Jens also readies to cast a Greater Deflection Guard if anything is going to hit him despite the Prismatic Wall.

AC: 89 (includes GDG)
Touch AC: 79 (includes GDG)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Game Summaries”