Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Orc Lair Raid

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:49 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:30 pm

( returned to Side-based Rounds )

The Imperium Metaacs steadily withdrew from the Sky Galleons, with only a few of them staying around a bit longer in order to shield the Hussars as they picked up the pilots. Several of the Hussars then fired out missiles at the wreckages outside the Keep, leading to several large explosions.

Shift : "War magic discharged, sonic storm dispersing toward Battlemaster units, ... COUNTERFIRE TO MAXIMUM, KEEP THOSE SHOTS OFF THE SHIP!"
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:07 am

Telecomm: Cary refortify the keep, and gather the wounded and fallen! Command squad! To the teleportation keep!

(Swift to change Coordination Commander to Mobile Commander, full move action towards the teleportation keep (500ft), burn 1 TU to spend last BoB charge for another move action (125ft))
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:33 am

( It takes two full rounds for the command group to gather back at just outside the Teleportation Keep [note: just to gather, at full run - thus no time to put buffs up lest you use swift or AP/BOB actions )

As you head back towards the Teleportation Keep, you notice Kovis' half-squad zoom straight into it...

[ End of first round - Telecomm ] Shift : "Enemy second volley incoming, Battlemasters reports severe casualties."

As Derovarr nears the Teleportation Keep, the Airindale response unit, which seems to have been headed by Aelisar herself, has reformed near the Teleportation Keep themselves. Aelisar flew straight towards Derovarr : "Why did you send your troops back out, what's... (pause) is your raiding force under attack ?"

At that moment, Shift comms in with another message : "Second volley resisted by Retribution, missile batteries temporarily drained." ( They were using the missile batteries to intercept the firestorm shots ).

Kovis to Derovarr : "We definitely have a seriously high powered mage here. Imperium airborne vehicles sighted about 1 mile north of lair - four with accompanying infantry."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:41 am

"Yes, Lady Arvitor, we have several forces still in proximity to the Orc Lair which we assaulted earlier today. Not too long ago, in fact. They already hit the lair itself with a Tactical Earthquake, and the Retribution just drained her batteries trying to fend off a 'sonic storm'. Bottom line: We need dispellers."
Derovarr said, stopping to address his allies, but motioning his command squad to move along.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:29 am

EDIT: As the command squad congregates near the entry to the Teleportation Keep, Shift sends in another message: "Third war magic array powering up, same location!"

( for the party to discuss : are you teleporting in right away, or are you going to take a few rounds to prep up first - which if so, what you doing and how long it takes you )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:27 pm

(Derovarr is going to order the squad to go now. Since we really don't have time to buff. On that note).

"Blast!" Derovarr exclaimed, "they're prepping another tactical spell! Lady Arvitor, I beseech your help, for fear we may be overwhelmed. Command Squad, prepare to teleport back to [Orc Lair Coordinates]! Jens! Ulrich! Be prepared to counter-spell! Go! Go! Go!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Making a long trip short, the Airindalians and the Misalinians flooded straight into the teleportation chamber of the Keep and begun their teleportation straight towards the last know position of the Sky Galleon - a little bit north of it, as that's where the war spell was coming from supposedly.

( Needs for full scale emergency teleports - all the Assault Mages [including Samael] had to dismiss their AMF. Also require two Greater Teleport spells from the party - you don't know that place well enough to risk a normal teleport. Derovarr also needs to take off his armor I believe ).

The airspace north of the Sky Galleon was suddenly flooded by over three dozen Airindalian and Misalinians, and just in time as well, as ten sickly green columns of magical energy dispersed out from the diminishing war magic array, arced across the skies towards the Retribution, then broke into at least a hundred smaller dark green rays in a wide dispersal pattern, each with all the magical properties of a Disintegrate spell.

Ahead of you, Kovis and his two officers (whom obviously just teleported over given their slight disorientation) sent out counteracting spells of their own, but it was washed apart mercilessly by the incoming tidal wave of rays headed straight for the Sky Galleon.

Aelisar : "Sweet bre... EVERY COUNTER YOU'VE GOT !"

Volleys of disintegration rays arced out from the higher ranking Airindale ranks, while the lesser ranked tossed out single Disintegrates, Walls of Force and Prismatics, Dispels, anything they could to stop as many rays as possible. Four turrets on the Retribution swiveled about and discharged Greater Dispels of their own towards the incoming volley...

( You may attempt to put up something if you had readied an action - which I assume you did if you were not the ones making the actual teleport. And you got no time to coordinate... ).
( for those with confidence in spotting a mile - spot checks )
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:05 pm

Teodor casts Ray Deflection on himself (Spot 66).

Klaus spies with his little eye...(Spot 80)...a bunch of stuff, I hope.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:37 pm

"Strike down those rays!" (rally 42)
Derovarr said, calling his armor.
Spot: 55

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Kati and Arjuna cast the Greater Teleports to transfer the squad.

As the squad lands in their destination, Samael pulls up his Shaped Antimagic Field. Kara tries to intercept the rays with a Greater Dispel Magic.

Jens and Caelotheir both put up Prismatic Walls, angled to stop as many rays as possible.

(Size of a single Prismatic wall: 84 feet wide, 42 feet high)
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Klaus, Teodor, and Derovarr notices, as the war magic flare slowly fades, four Imperium vehicles, probably IFVs, floating in the skies in a wall(box) formation about 600ft from the ground about one mile away towards the North, surrounded by a few dozen infantry units.

Klaus also notices that about another third mile further north, on the ground, the shallow hill there hidden amongst others was a mirage - instead, there were around two dozen Imperium vehicles hidden beneath the illusion.

( suggest start deciding on your next course of actions while we await Squall's post )
|

()

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:26 pm

Klaus alerts everyone he can reach via telebond about the hidden vehicles, especially Shift, figuring they could use some bombardment.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:46 am

Osmund unleashes a Greater Dispel Magic, while Ulrich draws power from his Rod of Absorbtion to power a MDJ that he places in front of the ship, making a 40' radius sphere, centered 45' infront of the rune cannon to protect the ship at the last moment from as many inbound rays as possible.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:56 am

While it seems the various dispels and disjunctions had minimum effect, if any at all, on the incoming volley of rays, the Force Walls managed to block a few, the countering disintegration volleys intercepted dozens, and the Prismatic Walls stopping just as many in their tracks. Only a small fraction of the original volley of rays managed to impact the Retribution. The deck force shielding managed to block even more of the rays, which shattered the force walls in place (and will need recasting to repair). Only five rays made it through everything and touch the ship itself, all of them in the front deck - leaving holes where entire blocks of armor vanished. However none of turrets, missile batteries, nor the bridge had been affected.

A noticeable sigh of relief was released by a number of the mages...

The enemy vehicles and infantry in the air at the war magic's originating location seems to be falling back steadily towards the north, dropping altitude as they go.
|

()

Return to “Game Summaries”