Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Orc Lair Raid

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:53 am

STATUS / ARCHIVAL POST

( x-horizontal latitude, y-horizontal longitude, altitude ) with origin (0,0,0) at center of courtyard...

POSITIONS:
Teleportation building entrance is at Southwest corner of the outer walls.
Main Keep building is at the Northeast quadrant.

Jens: (1050, 750, 350)
Klaus: (-400, -400, 90)
Ulrich: (725, 475, 70)
Teodor: (120, 100, 100)
Samael: (845, 245, 295)
Derovarr: (750, 230, 285)
Kati: (960, 0, 50)

Cary: (845, 245, 300)

Crusaders (64): Loose formation centered at (350, 250, 200)
Crusaders (3): Gathered about Derovarr...
Crusaders (50): Southwest area of Keep, around (-200, -200, 200)

Enemies:
Crimson Squad (5 Metaacs): (~1200, ~-400, ~300)
First Squad (4 Metaacs): (~1200, ~-400, ~300)

Zilong: (1400, 700, 300)
Breaker Squad (3 Metaacs): Verticle triangle about (1250, 600, 300)
Fifth Squad (4 Metaacs): (~400, ~700, ~300)

Second Squad (4 Metaacs): (~-200, ~1200, ~300)
Third Squad (4 Metaacs): (~-200, ~1200, ~300)
Fourth squad (4 Metaacs): (~-200, ~1200, ~300)

Distances: Learn to use Pythagorean... (aka Sqrt((x1+x2)^2+(y1+y2)^2+(z1+z2)^2)...)

INITIATIVE:
35: Derovarr
34: Cary
33: Jens
26: Crimson & 1st
25: Teodor
22: Klaus
21: Breaker, 2nd thru 5th
20: Samael
20: Kati
18: Ulrich
Crusaders

Derovarr
Buffs: Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC42], Life's Grace[DDC42], Fortunate Fate[DDC42], Ebon Eyes[DDC42], Empowered Resist Energy(Acid45,Fire45,Cold45,Electricity45,Sonic45,Energy22)[DDC36], Greater Cloak of Courage[DDC31]

Jens
Buffs: Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC42], Life's Grace[DDC42], Ebon Eyes[DDC42], Elemental Body(Fire)[DDC41], Empowered Resist Energy(Cold45,Electricity45,Sonic45,Energy22)[DDC36], Dragonsight[DDC35], Heart of Earth[DDC35], Primal Instincts[DDC35], Primal Senses[DDC35], Arcane Spellsurge[DDC35]

Kati
Buffs: Morale Facade[DDC40], Indomitability[DDC40], Eyes of the Oracle[DDC40], Empowered Protection from Ranged[DDC40], Empowered Superior Resistance[DDC40], Empowered Visions of the Future[DDC40], Energy Immunity(Acid,Cold,Electricity,Energy,Negative)[DDC40], Empowered Stalwart Pact[DDC40], Superior Invisibility [DDC35]
Kara: Eyes of the Oracle [DDC40]

Klaus
Buffs: Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC42], Life's Grace[DDC42], Ebon Eyes[DDC42], Empowered Resist Energy(Fire45,Cold45,Electricity45,Sonic45,Energy22)[DDC36], Resist Energy(Acid30)[DDC30]

Samael
Buffs: Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC42], Life's Grace[DDC42], Fortunate Fate[DDC42], Ebon Eyes[DDC42], Empowered Resist Energy(Acid45,Cold45,Electricity45,Sonic45,Energy22)[DDC36], Dark Foresight [DDC30], Dark One's Own Luck(Ref)[DDC30], Seen the Unseen[DDC30], Heart of Earth[DDC30], Elemental Body[DDC30], Indomitability[DDC30], Arcane Spellsurge[DDC30], Eyes of the Oracle[DDC30], AMF.
Arjuna: Eyes of the Oracle[DDC30]

Teodor
Buffs: Life's Grace[DDC42], Fortunate Fate[DDC42], Ebon Eyes[DDC42], Empowered Resist Energy(Acid45,Fire45,Cold45)[DDC36], Resist Energy(Electricity30,Sonic30,Energy15)[DDC30], Superior Invisibility[DDC35], Superior Invisibility[DDC24]

Ulrich
Buffs: Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC42], Ebon Eyes[DDC42], Ray Deflection[DDC42], Healing Lorecall[DDC42], Soul of Light[DDC42], Empowered Resist Energy(Acid45,Fire45,Cold45,Sonic45)[DDC36], Superior Invisibility[DDC35]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Orc Lair Raid

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:54 am

Samael's Buffs (DDC 30):
Elemental Body (Fire)
Mind Blank
Fell Flight
See the Unseen
Dark One's Own Luck (Reflex)
Heart of Earth
Heart or Air
Dark Foresight
Antimagic Field (after receiving buffs from others)
Last edited by TheDude51 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:41 am

Teodor's Buffs (DDC):
Teodor's Technomagical Interface (31)
Shields! (INFINITY)

Last Second Scroll Purchases:
Heal x2
Superior Invis x2

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:35 pm

Derovarr's Universal Buffs:
"For Great Justice!" (9+32= Heartened Morale)
"For Victory!!!" (15+32= Fanatic Morale)
Greater Cloak of Courage (To be cast when the attack commences)

Auras:
Defensive Commander: +5 dodge to AC
Watchful Commander: +5 circumstantial to listen, spot, and initative
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:47 am

Ulrich's buff list (DDC 42): To be updated with duration.
Protection from Ranged (mass)
Fortunate Fate (on all)
Life's Grace (all)
Ebon Eyes (those who want it)
Ray Deflection (Self only)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:22 pm

On the morning of May 31st... Derovarr commences operations for the Raid at 0600 hours.
Bringing forces into position was the first step, and a teleportation circle had to be made at both Blackbog Keep and at Thatahl Keep. Due to Samael's apparently lack of knowledge on using Teleportation Circles, Kovis returns and helps to transport the troops needed, but he makes it clear to Samael that he needs to make learning that particular spell his highest priority - good arcane casters are already rare enough already in Misalin. The Misalinian troops managed to arrive at the target relatively quickly, but the Battlemasters took well over one-and-half hours (even with Kovis' widened circle). However no attempt was made by the enemy to intercept the army at its most vulnerable position. Once the forces were all on the other side, individual columns began breaking off and heading towards their respective assigned positions. By 0830 hours, the battlemasters have fully taken their positions near the enemy lair's entries while the Command/Crusaders/Mages encircled over the enemy's air entry with the Retribution behind them. The scouts also reported that the enemy withdrew their perimeter patrol units as soon as they spotted the battlemasters - an obvious sign and they are readying themselves for battle...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:40 pm

A brief rallying message, before the attack begins (probably taking place before everyone was to positions) :

"Soldiers of Misalin. Within the next few minutes, the operation we have been planning for the last few days will commence, and another tribe of vile orcs shall be crushed, and scattered into the wind. With our victory here, we shall take yet another crucial step in our current campaign to cleanse orcish presence from the fens. With this victory, we avenge those lost to the brutal and unprovoked savagery that the Fens unleashed during the early days of this war.

So, upon this day, we bring to bear the forces that shall break our foes in the Fens, and open the way to our greater enemies to the North.

Strike righteously, and let your blades sing the names of all those lost during the Fens raids in the South, and during the Battle of Winchester.

Strike true! God's be with you!"
(Diplomacy 65)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:59 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:50 pm

"Teodor! Fear not this vile creature! Break your Fear!! (rally 44).

Telepathy: Change of Plans. Crusader Squads X through Y (the closest 5 squads to the air entrance), move in! All crusaders who recently entered the lair, fire grenades at the chieftan and retinue. Keep up the pressure! We will break them!

Magi, be ready to dispel any solid fogs and like. Keep the way open.

Battlemasters! Report in!

(since that was about a round, swift action to activate BoB and spend 2 charges for standard, and burns a TU for a swift action to activate his gauntlets)

After finishing his orders, Derovarr fired a "Scottball" Glyphic Grenade (CL22, 115 sacred dmg, DC 38) at the Orc Chieftan.
(Roll: 41 + 7 (ap)= 48 attack roll (touch))
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 pm

Samael casts Arcane Spellsurge, then casts a shaped Antimagic Field on himself.

Arjuna casts Indomitability on Samael, then readies an action to cast Greater Deflection Guard if Samael is attacked.

Jens is paralyzed. Caelotheir casts Acid Fog directly between Jens and the orc command group, then readies to use Greater Deflection Guard if anyone attacks him.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:30 am

Teodor feels like he temporarily regained control of his own senses, but nevertheless still shaken by the experience (cowering reduced to shaken for 1 round...)

The grenade manages to land a direct hit on the orc leader, engulfing his position in silver fire. Although the mage captain near him was able to evade the blast.

The battlemaster reports that by this point they've came across caved-in dead ends in all but the main tunnel and two of the branch tunnels...
...and suddenly the units which entered the side-tunnels also report they've hit dead ends. It seems the enemy is collapsing the tunnels which they could not defend, but probably only once their supply of traps have been exhausted.

The orc chieftain releases a triple burst of MDJs towards Ulrich, then uses one last spell which surrounds himself in a prismatic sphere.

( waiting for any of Ulrich's actions... )
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:34 am

Digging into inner reserves, Ulrich spends 4 more AP, and 2 Turn Undeads to counter 2 of the MDJ's, but simply doesn't have enough energy left to counter the third. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1747135/). All that is left is to pray that my buffs survive as well.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:20 am

( Ulrich Debuffed: Life's Grace, Resist Energy Electricity, Resist Energy Energy )

The orc captain then sends out another three blasts of eldritch energy, aimed at Teodor, Ulrich, and Klaus. Two of them hit dead on, while the ray aimed towards Ulrich was deflected off again harmlessly.
( Teodor: 58 dmg, 18 dexterity dmg )
( Klaus: 70 dmg, DC29 Fort or nauseate )

Meanwhile, the two ogres advance forward and presses their attack against Derovarr, while the orc mages behind them provide support with another volley of orb spells.
( Chain1: nat20 attack; 61 confirmation; 125 dmg; 80 bull rush )
( Chain2: 62 attack; 127 dmg; 86 bull rush )
( Orbs: 45 fire, 44 electricity, 43 sonic, 49 fire, 48 acid, 45 sonic ) [Drew how much SP you still have on the Spell-Shield?]

( next up: Teodor )
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:27 am

"WE'LL GET HIM TEODOR!" Ulrich screams, as Osmund releases his Mass Heal charge at Teodor.
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:31 am

Teodor double moves back towards the airship to draw out the orcs, CE to max. Before leaving, he shouts in Draconic "Either come and get me or perform a self-buggering reach-around with those rods while your dragon pets watch, you little lizard-men!" Surging with inspiration, he lets loose a Roar of Effort to remove his fear. (Iron Heart Surge)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Game Summaries”