Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Orc Lair Raid

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:19 am

"Alright comrades, good show. With spellmanship like that, we'll have the bastards down in no-time. Now, let's work on getting our troops back to Blackbog.

Kovis! Get a teleportation circle up! Everyone else! Keep an eye on the surround!"

Telecomm to Shift: Keep an eye on the surrounding area. Ship will teleport out after other troops have been removed. Stand by.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:32 am

Aelisar's elite guard squad noticeable relaxed after Derovarr's announcement. Derovarr senses the distinct feeling they were afraid he might propose to take the offensive and place their royalty in unnecessary danger this far from home.

Kovis : "Unfortunately, I don't think we [he pointed amongst the Misalinians] should leave yet. A number of them managed to dig their way our of shallower positions, but when the lair collapsed in that Earthquake many of the other Crusaders were buried too deep to be immediately extracted. We'll have to dig them out ourselves... and chances are we'll need to resurrect... lots of resurrections."

Shift : "The battlemasters need regrouping. I issued a general order to scatter with their dimension doors as the Sonic Storm hit. They're distributed all over the area right now."

Within less than a minute, five Airindale Sky Skiffs, each loaded with a full squad of Airindale mages, teleported into position around the Retribution. It seemed the Airindalians decided that Aelisar needs more security as long as she's out here.

In the meantime, the Imperiums steadily withdrew... into a hill... and vanished. It was the same hill that Klaus saw to be an illusion effect. Klaus then noticed the vehicles disappearing one by one from behind the illusion field - a teleportation circle is, had been raised there it seems.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:41 am

After his announcement, Derovarr floated over to Aleissar's position.
"I do not believe that any of this response would have been possible without your message, and Daethelar's vision. On behalf the Blackbog Garrison, I thank you for your continue support during this campaign, and I wish you to send Daethelar my regards."

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:48 am

Aelisar smiled broadly and responded in a formal manner "Your thanks is accepted, but not necessary. We are allies through history, and allies once again in this war. We come to honor that alliance, as well as the continued allegiance."

She then turned to her forces : "Lady Vandria, Lady Baelonna, give Lord Derovarr a hand with their excavation needs. The Skyskiffs will remain to provide air cover until you have them withdrawn."

"Yes, your highness," the two majors responded.

Aelisar turns towards Derovarr once again : "I must be returning before Daethelar blows off his top. Good luck, Lord Derovarr."

...and with that, Aelisar, her tactical spell support, and the Royal Guard squad teleported out...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:55 am

Derovarr gave a bow as she teleported out, then turned to her majors, and the rest of the forces.

"Alright, let's dig our troops out!"

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:05 am

After some heavy use of Locate Creature and Move Earth spells, you manage to retrieve most of the buried golem armored Crusaders. Most of them suffocated to death underground, and a hefty cost in diamonds had to be paid to resurrect them (~1,000,000gps). However, eight of the Crusaders' corpses were either never found, or had been blown to bits by orbs which penetrated their golem armor to beyond the aid of resurrection...

Of the Crusadered shattered at Blackbog, only six of them were able to be resurrected...

The battlemaster regiments ? Despite dispersing, their coordination had been shaken loose by the Earthquake and their numbers had been devastated by the Sonic Storm. Only a quarter of their numbers returned to congregate.

Altogether, the losses today included 35 golem armored crusaders, about 33% of the longbow company and 50% of the heavy weapons company. The siege-weapon emplacements of Blackbog Keep have been completely wrecked, and both the battlements and the walls have taken heavy damage.

The Crusaders also noted that after Derovarr left, the last defending orcs more or less began surrendering. However, when the lair collapsed, all of them were buried within it. Few, if any of the thousands in there, survived. Kilar pointed out that while it's possible the Imperials attacked because the collapse of the wards would signal that the orcs have deserted the lair, it's also possible they knowingly sacrificed the orcs in order to hit the Misalinians as hard as possible.

While not all of the blue draconic horde was retrieved from the buried lair, the excavation extracted about 4,000,000gps in gold and treasures that was certainly most of the horde in question.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:08 am

Compiled XP from Last Weeks:
Derovarr (Troop Training & Leadership): 7,700XP
Jens (Troop Training): 2,200XP
Teodor (Research): 2,200XP

Orc Lair Raid & Blackbog Raid
Derovarr & Jens - 8300
Ulrich & Teodor - 11,710
Klaus & Samael - 23,410
Kati - 11,600

Completion XP - Orc Lair Raid: 550XP
Completion XP - Blackbog Raid: 2,200XP

XP Totals: Derovarr (236,780xp), Jens (226,228xp), Ulrich (220,459xp), Teodor (210,460xp), Kati (195,138xp), Klaus (192,360xp), Samael (183,780xp).

( I believe everyone levels up except for Jens, and Klaus may have leveled up twice[?] )
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:03 am

Furthermore, the Sky Galleons Radiance and Vindicator, although did not take any serious hull damage, had their turrets selectively destroyed by the Imperial Metaacs. While the turrets' structures are mostly okay, the Imperial cannons shattered all seven Staff-Gattlings on each of the ships, and completely wasted both Rune Cannons and dealt serious damage to all four Missile Batteries (which need to be repaired before using again). The two ships also lost twenty-two warforged crew members.

Lastly, while the command squad was at the lair excavating, they noticed an extremely powerful residue of evil left by the war magic, which seemed to have tainted the entire area. The Airindalians say the residue will disappear in time, but one this strong will probably take a few weeks. They haven't quite seen one this powerful since the First Great Alliance War.
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Summaries”