Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Battle of Trias

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Reserved top post - battle stats...
INITIATIVE:

(* DDC = Dispel DC *)

Derovar
Buffs:
Empowered Resist Energy (Acid, Fire, Cold, Electricity, Sonic, Energy) [DDC47], Freedom of Movement [DDC47], Greater Heroism [DDC47], Indomitability [DDC47], Low-Light Vision [DDC47], Telepathic Bond [DDC47], Superior Invisibility [DDC44], Fortunate Fate [DDC43], Energy Immunity (Fire, Electricity, Energy) [DDC42], Greater Insignia of Warding [DDC38], Ebon Eyes [DDC37], Life's Grace [DDC37], Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC37], Find the Path [DDC37], Empowered Spiderskin [DDC35], Recitation [DDC35]
Specials:
None

Ulrich
Buffs:
Empowered Resist Energy (Acid, Fire, Cold, Electricity, Sonic, Energy) [DDC47], Freedom of Movement [DDC47], Greater Heroism [DDC47], Low-Light Vision [DDC47], Telepathic Bond [DDC47], Superior Invisibility [DDC44], Energy Immunity (Fire, Electricity, Energy) [DDC42], Greater Insignia of Warding [DDC38], Sign [DDC37], Ebon Eyes [DDC37], Life's Grace [DDC37], Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC37], Soul of Light [DDC37], Healing Lorecall [DDC37], Empowered Spiderskin [DDC35], Recitation [DDC35]
Specials:
None

Jens
Buffs: Empowered Resist Energy (Acid, Fire, Cold, Electricity, Sonic, Energy) [DDC47], Freedom of Movement [DDC47], Greater Heroism [DDC47], Indomitability [DDC47], Low-Light Vision [DDC47], Telepathic Bond [DDC47], Superior Invisibility [DDC44], Fortunate Fate [DDC43], Energy Immunity (Fire, Electricity, Energy) [DDC42], Elemental Body (Fire)[DDC41], Greater Insignia of Warding [DDC38], Ebon Eyes [DDC37], Life's Grace [DDC37], Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC37], Empowered Spiderskin [DDC35], Dragonsight [DDC35], Heart of Earth [DDC35], Primal Instincts [DDC35], Primal Senses [DDC35], Superior Resistance [DDC35], Recitation [DDC35]
Specials:
None

Klaus
Buffs:
Empowered Resist Energy (Acid, Fire, Cold, Electricity, Sonic, Energy) [DDC47], Freedom of Movement [DDC47], Greater Heroism [DDC47], Indomitability [DDC47], Low-Light Vision [DDC47], Telepathic Bond [DDC47], Superior Invisibility [DDC44], Fortunate Fate [DDC43], Energy Immunity (Fire, Electricity, Energy) [DDC42], Greater Insignia of Warding [DDC38], Ebon Eyes [DDC37], Life's Grace [DDC37], Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC37], Empowered Spiderskin [DDC35], Recitation [DDC35]
Specials:
None

Dmitri
Buffs:
Empowered Resist Energy (Acid, Fire, Cold, Electricity, Sonic, Energy) [DDC47], Freedom of Movement [DDC47], Greater Heroism [DDC47], Low-Light Vision [DDC47], Telepathic Bond [DDC47], Superior Invisibility [DDC44], Energy Immunity (Fire, Electricity, Energy) [DDC42], Greater Insignia of Warding [DDC38], Ebon Eyes [DDC37], Life's Grace [DDC37], Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC37], Empowered Spiderskin [DDC35], Elemental Body [DDC35], Empowered Greater Mage Amor [DDC35], Extended Foresight [DDC35], Flight of the Dragon[DDC35], See Invisibility [DDC35], Recitation [DDC35]
Specials:
None

Teodor
Buffs:
Empowered Resist Energy (Acid, Fire, Cold, Electricity, Sonic, Energy) [DDC47], Greater Heroism [DDC47], Indomitability [DDC47], Low-Light Vision [DDC47], Telepathic Bond [DDC47], Superior Invisibility [DDC44], Fortunate Fate [DDC43], Energy Immunity (Fire, Electricity, Energy) [DDC42], Greater Insignia of Warding [DDC38], Ebon Eyes [DDC37], Life's Grace [DDC37], Mass Protection from Ranged [DDC37], Empowered Spiderskin [DDC35], Teodor's Technomagic Interface [DDC30], Recitation [DDC35]

AURAS:
Derovarr: Watchful (+5 circumstantial to init, spot, listen), Defensive (+5 dodge AC)
Lenneth: Charging (+4d6 morale to charge damage), Maneuvering (+4 circumstantial to attack & damage after moving 10ft)
Reynold: Inspire Legion (use +26 BAB)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu

Re: Battle of Trias

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:09 pm

It was now late at night on the 24th, as the Assault Squads of the Misalin Guard gathered in the courtyard of Blackbog Keep, waiting for the other alliance units that shall be making the attack. The troops knew that something big was up at this point, a major operation or sorts, even if strict secrecy had kept the details from them.

Base on earlier reports, the harassment attacks that were launched earlier in the day returned with varying results. In the south, the golem armored warforged strike team attacked the mountain fortifications of Trias Pass from the ground and inflicted moderate damage on their perimeter defenses, then withdrew before Imperial or Norinth reinforcements could arrive at the scene. However they were not able to penetrate into the main base to inflict any significant casualties to the enemy. In the north, the Kharvan Citadel's attempts to infiltrate the base have mostly been unsuccessful, as the security and perimeter defenses seems to have discovered all the methods they used early on and the Citadels would be forced with withdraw. It was not until their last attempt that the Citadels attempted to bypass the perimeter defense from underground did they enter the base and meet a certain degree of success. The infiltrators were able to position Insanity Symbols across a large number of outer base buildings and barracks, throwing the Imperials in the base into chaos and inflicting heavy casualties. But while they were pulling out they were intercepted by Norinth Shadow Guards units and a desperate battle ensued. Outnumbered and stuck in enemy territory, the Citadel strike group suffered heavy losses before they were able to withdraw, and High-Captain Grigoriy Konev was amongst those whom were lost in combat.

Despite their losses, Konev's attack had revealed a number of Imperial defensive capabilities. Amongst the most important were that Standard Invisibility proved useless against automated Imperial turrets, whom had a profound range themselves and were apparently very capable in spotting. The Imperials could also detect air intrusion from long range and could swiftly coordinate attack from their long range missiles. However those whom returned did relay that Konev did notice that neither of their detection system could pierce Superior Invisibility (which sadly was also available to only a select few), although it should be noted that one of the Imperial-introduced magitech crystals* seems to be able to suppress even Superior Invisibility for a few seconds after a successful hit. The Shadow Guards also made particularly heavy use of dispels to bring down energy-resist wards, which typically spelled doom for the unfortunate when the battle was raging over those Imperial energy turrets.
(*The Citadel had already noted that the new magitech weapons used by Norinth mages used a combination of Imperial and Penthiaen technology and magitech. The more powerful enhancements, Item Familiar cores, and legacy components of the Penthiaen were used atop of the superior Imperial materials, crystal cartridge loaders - which could use charged crystals as a source of magical power, and crystal slots - which could use special crystals to boost weapon functionality*)
(*The Naralanians have already figure out methods on installing crystal slots into a wide range of existing weapons, which could be performed with only a bit of time. This information they freely provided to the alliance members. They've also figured out how to duplicate the crystal cartridge system, but that requires a complete reconstruction of the weapon, and they find the system to be not as effective or efficent as absorption rods anyways. The weapon crystals themselves are still taking the Naralanians some time on figuring out... and thus currently only available from smugglers and dead enemies*)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:20 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:29 pm

When we teleport in, Derovarr will activate Watchful Commander (+5 initiative, listen, and spot) and Defensive Commander (+5 dodge to AC) auras. He will also cast Divine Protection on all of his allies within 20ft (DM EDIT: doesn't last long enough).
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Ulrich will provide the following enhancements to Derrovar's attack squad: All CL 18 (Save Fortunate Fate, CL 24)
Find The Path (Derrovar only)(SRD) DCC 37 180min
Sign(SC) DCC 37 +4 morale to Initiative 180min/ till used
Ebon Eyes(SC) DCC 37 See in Magical Darkness as though regular darkness 180 min
Life's Grace(SC) DCC 37 Immune to Death Effects, Energy Drain, Negetive Energy Effects, Ability damage and drain from Undead special attacks. 18 min
Protection from Ranged (Mass)(Dai) DCC 37 (180 points of Ranged damage absorbed (Shrapnel))
Fortunate Fate(SC) DCC 43 (Heal when hit 0 HP. 174HP) 240 min/ till used

Lenneth also gets a Find the Path DCC 37

Ulrich buffs himself with Soul of Light, and Healing Lorecall, both DCC 37
Last edited by Squall255 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:10 pm

Drew: Your post has been editted, your buff won't last long enough and will wear off before battle engagement...
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:37 pm

Dmitri casts two Chained Superior Invisibility spells, covering the entire Misalen contingent and their mounts. Both are boosted by a casting array powered with a 9th level slot.

Superior Invisibility (CDCL: 33 DDC: 44)

On himself, he also casts (or has active as daily buffs):
Elemental Body (Fire) (CDCL: 24, DDC: 35)
Extended Foresight (CDCL: 24, DDC: 35)
Empowered Greater Mage Armor (CDCL: 24, DDC: 35)
See Invisibility (CDCL: 24, DDC: 35)
Flight of the Dragon (CDCL: 24, DDC: 35)

On the Misalen command squads, he casts an Empowered Chained Spiderskin (CDCL: 24, DDC: 35) (+7 natural armor to AC) (This also goes on miscellaneous pegasi riders to bring the number of targets up to 20)
Last edited by TheDude51 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:42 pm

(Judon, I already have a +10 deflection bonus on my armor. Thanks anyway though.)
Also, before heading off, Derovarr gives three of the "Luminous Land" Spears to Teodor. He also give three of the Insanity Symbols to Teodor, and two to Kaus. Making sure to warn both of them that persons outside of his squad are not attuned to them.

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:37 pm

Teodor refuses the Freedom of Movement, but accepts all the other spells and the items. "Yes, yes, O Grand High Poobah, only a few of us are going to be unaffected by these. I am familiar with how they work." He then concentrates for a second to no visible effect.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Merely ten minutes were left before the designated time when the strike units from the three separate nations began moving into their prospective positions.

"May the spirits of our ancestors strength us, protect us, and guide us." say Aelisar before moving out, as both a prayer for themselves and a phrase of blessing for their allies.
"May Heironeous grant us valor and resolve." responded Lenneth.
The Archeronians mostly believed in neither history nor religion. Viktor simply responded with a simple phrase. "Good luck."

The Misalin forces moved into position in the skies southeast of the city, 300ft up and 1000ft from the city's walls. The city was in a mostly typical nighttime environment. Few people were moving across the streets at this our, mostly of either shady trade or enforcement units on patrol, depending on how prominent the district is. There was a lack of soldiers on the walls - a span of over thousand feet was merely covered by a single Blacklore squad which patrolled back and forth. Although this wasn't that surprising given the sheer size of the city. The pentagonal walled trade center probably spanned about two miles by either width of length... and the target was straight in the middle of all that, where the city was brightest and illuminated by over dozen arrays of lights.

There was only one thing different about the city from the Archeronians' provided reports. About halfway into the city, maintaining a distance of over half a mile from its center, were a few dozen lights that flew in the air. They patrolled in a huge half-mile-radius circle about the center in a sparse but well composed formation.

Viktor (Telecomm): "Those aerial strike craft the Imperials call Redeins, I suppose."

Artyom (Telecomm): "They have the strangest names."

Aelisar (Telecomm): "Nevertheless, it seems they've reinforced their defenses here as well. My belief is that they did the same for the other bases around the city."

Daethelar (Telecomm): "I sure hope Commander Derovar's idea plays out well." doubt was already in his voice.

Lenneth (Telecomm): "We are already here and the attack will commence in under ten minutes. What's done has already been set in stone. There's no reason to worry about it anymore. Have some confidence in our decisions, Lord Berothar."

Kovis (Telecomm): "Although, there's still time for you to chicken out now and withdraw safely, long ears."

Daethelar (Telecomm): "How dare you accuse our race for cowardice! The elves have never backed down in fear! It is always your type of humans who boasts of strength and then flee when most needed..."

Aelisar (Telecomm): "That's enough Lord Berothar. Actions shall prove our resolve and competence today, not petty words, and they are neither required nor desired at this hour."

Viktor (Telecomm): "All units advance into position. We are at minus five minutes and counting... it could start any time now."

Lenneth (Telecomm): "Misalin units, advance forward 700ft, we wait for attack signals there. Derovarr, have your squad pair up with a cavalier each, you'll won't be able to keep up with us otherwise once we begin our charge for the Gating Keep"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Derovarr (Telecomm to Lenneth): "On your Mark."

Derovarr (Telecomm to Party): "Alright everyone. Find a cavalier, and partner up. Unless you think you have the speed to keep up yourselves."

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:16 pm

Minutes passed... then a flare could be seen in the north, before the faint sounds of distant explosions traveled over, followed by the piercing noise of a distant but nevertheless extremely loud siren in the same direction.

The diversionary attack the Kingdom promised to the north had begun...

Just seconds later, the flow of magic changed as an apparently magical 'pull' towards the southwest began to draw all the magical energies from the surroundings. An array of power spread its petals about half a mile away from south city. The Airindalians have began casting their war magic...

Viktor & Lenneth (Telecomm): "All units advance!"

And the cavaliers of Misalin ignited the flame jet boosters installed on their lances and staves. Their pegasi then surged forward, flying at breakneck speed towards the center city. Yet even as the Misalinian force moved towards their target, one could see a number of infantry, lights glowing on their back, taking off from the center city area... heading south towards the Airindalians. They immediately accelerated to a speed that was almost on par with the Airindalian's renowned Storm Impulse legacy ability and the Archeronian Air Dragons, but even that speed wasn't enough to intercept the war magic casting. But then... it was only a diversion anyways.

Or was it? Just a partial minute later, the pull in the magical atmosphere stopped, the array of power began dying down... but what was released was the full power of a Tactical Fire Storm as dozens of magical shots soared towards different parts of south city. Only a few were countered or stopped before landing in their target locations. Fire promptly burst and erupted all across Southern Trias, and half of the city was immediately consumed by an inferno...

Kovis (Telecomm): "...so much for not starting total war."

Then, as seconds went by and the target location drew closer, coming within ~3000ft, the Misalinians, and the Archeronian dragons across the city a few seconds later, suddenly reappeared in the night sky, as if the Superior Invisibility was suddenly stripped from them. The telecomm was suddenly filled with scattered messages of surprise, disbelief, and shock from both the commanders and troops.

Viktor (Telecomm): "Press forward! Do not slow the approach! This was expected all along and it's already too late for them to have noticed us!" ( sense motive 50 - he was definitely lying )

Lenneth (Telecomm): "What in the nine hells just happened?"

Cecylia (Telecomm): "There seems to be some kind of tactical level magical aura emanating over this entire area in the city. An Invisibility Purge effect of sorts that the Misalinians have. Except... this one is by far stronger. Our Superior Invisibilities are still active, just suppressed by the effect!"

The Redein fighters, which were on the far side of their patrol loop when the Misalinians and Archeronians came back into visibility, swung about and soared towards the alliance forces, screaming across thousands of feet in mere seconds.

Kovis (Telecomm): "Why didn't you tell us about this before?"

Cecylia (Telecomm): "We..." paused for a second, possibly switching to only commander-telecomm-web "We didn't know about this before! Our Infiltrators don't go through a city with Invisibility or Arcane Sight active! That's..."

Viktor (Telecomm): "All mages! set ready to open fire at the oncoming air units!"

Twenty four fighters were inbound, twelve headed towards each group. The Archeronians were first to engage as the fighters came within range of long range spells, only several seconds after they began turning about from the north side of the city over a mile away. Bursts of rays flared out to meet them. Some managed to strike, immediately shattering the targetted redein and causing an explosion in midair. But other rays missed due to the sheer speed the oncoming crafts had. The Redeins then opened plasma fire against the Archeronians, which completely failed to have any effect. After the first pass... less than a third of their original numbers remained.

At the same time, the anti-air defenses of the city opened. At least four dozen missiles soared into the skies all around the city, half that number came around the vicinity of the Gating Keep...

The Misalinians were next as the second twelve soared in...

( Welcome to Skies over Baghdad, Intensified Version )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Noticing his distinct lack of invisibility, Derovarr rolled his eyes, and activated his ring of arming, his Golem Armor covering his form.

(Command Telecomm): Congratulations highborns! You are now no longer any better than our enemies!
(Party Telecomm): Orders are to press forward! Prepare to meet incoming fighters!

(Initiative Roll: 27)

After Initiatives:
(Party Telecomm): Jens, Dmitri! Take those bastards down!
(Switching Watchful Commander out for Bombardment Commander)

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:46 pm

Dmitri Initiative:
Roll: 18
+5 dex
+5 insight (Warning Enhancement)
+5 competence (Nerveskitter)
+5 circumstance (Aura)
+4 morale (Sign)

Total Init: 42
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Klaus swears inside his head when his invisibility vanishes and immediately starts looking around for places to hide.

(Initiative roll: 5 circumstance, 4 Sign, 7 dex, 2 competence, 17 roll = 35) (24 Dexterity)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Game Summaries”