Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Blackbog Keep

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:59 pm

Aelisar: "Lord Derovarr, we are them to forsake nothing, only for them to redirect something they already sense in full. The chaos and evil that the Battlemasters represent already exists with Airindale due to the actions of our foes, as foul magic it clinches to our lands, as restless souls it clinches to our population. The Battlemasters are refined from an impurity, a contamination that was brought by the Norinthners in the first place. It is not a contamination our magic could simply erase, and thus to remove it from our lands we must shape it to a different form, a form that could be removed from our country. Our research simply made it a convenience that the form itself could also be used to purposes that are far more righteous in content."

Aelisar: "In effect Lord Derovarr, the Battlemasters are a necessary evil which must be tolerated. Tell me, if the citizens of Misalin are suffering, will you tell them to simply bear with it and allow such negativity to grow ? or will you rally them by redirecting their malcontent, those of rebellion, revolution, uprising, war, towards those who are the cause of such imbalance in the first place ? Do the soldiers of the Misalin Guard not harbor their own desire for revenge in this war ? Or do you tell them that they may only enter battle with purpose but not desire in mind ? Remember that after every pleasant word has been peeled off it, war itself, is a manifestation of chaos, of evil, but at the same time also a necessity."

Aelisar: "Yes, given time the Misalinians could use their magic to cleanse our lands in a far more efficient manner. But the Church of Misalin has taken heavy casualties of its own, not to mention their members have also been divided and are more focused on restoring the land for Misalin itself than to aid foreign allies. It may take years, if not decades, for the Church of Misalin to have sufficient power to begin a widespread cleansing of the taint to Airindale. Do you speak us to sit by and do nothing as we watch our people suffer in this duration ? I should hope not. The Battlemasters are our method of relieving our people of this pain, henceforth the reason for their existence. But now that they do exist, it falls upon us to take responsibility for controlling them. They are evil, but they are also just another tool. We may use them to further despicable aims like the Norinthners use undead, or we can use them proper, just as if they were professional soldiers, to bring peace back to Penthiae through the only method available - conquer Norinth."

Aelisar: "It all comes down to one choice, Lord Derovarr. Whether we like it or not, evil has already been set forth upon our lands by this war. Will you watch this evil continue to consume our own strength ? or will you redirect the evil towards vanquishing a far greater evil ?"
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:39 am

After seeing Derovarr thoroughly struggling around the concept and proposal that Aelisar is offering, Kovis decided to speak up.

Kovis: "It is far from a simple decision to make, Lord Derovar. But there is one thing I might add to remind you. Is it not the method that we use resources, as oppose to the resources we use, that defines our morales? At this moment I must remind you of what I am. A warlock, Derovarr, a wielder of infernal magic, a magic that is inherently vile by nature, and no amount of purification will ever change that. Does that mean I am an evil man for using said power ? Or is the method and goals in which I use this power far more important than the fact I use it ?"

Kovis: "Can even the angels of Celestia itself claim they wield no evil, after equipping themselves with sharpened blades doomed to be dyed in blood on the battlefield."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:46 am

Derovarr, appearing almost defeated (as in mentally burnt out), looked over at Kovis, and then stiffened up, as though calling on his last reserves. His eyes darted around for a moment, as though he was searching his mind for something, before finally arriving back at the elves.

"Before I make my decision, I wish to see one of these creatures." Derovarr said, with sudden resolve.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:13 am

Aelisar: "Very well, we shall adjourn the meeting in the meantime. The Battlemasters are being kept and reorganized at our rebuilt northern fortress of Thatahl. Everyone, please follow me."

And the entire congregation was lead by the Airindale officers and two accompanying squads of Airindale guards back out to the city and to the Teleportation Keep, and then teleported into Thatahl. Like all other elven cities, Thatahl was built upon the trees, a Keep of Enchanted Wood built a hundred feet high near the top of the forest, it's many layers connected by staircases which spiraled downwards to the lowest level at fifty feet above the forest floor.

Aelisar led the congregation to one of the Keep's lowest level observation decks, across the armored turrets where animated ballistas were pointed towards the ground below, ready to fire at any time a target is marked.

Aelisar: "And there they are."

The foliage was at a minimum at the lower half of the forest, and Derovarr, along with every other member here, could see across the forest floor, where thousands upon thousands of Battlemasters were arrayed, lined up in neat rows and columns, completely still as if they were statues, and mages of Airindale continued to traversed up and down the column to examine them.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:33 am

Derovarr looked upon the rows of Battlemasters will a blank look. He walked forward, and rested his hands on the guard rails, hunching forward as he eyed the nearly endless formations before him.

Had it really come to this? He thought. Am I really about to agree to this insanity? Will I now agree to lead these abominations into battle? Can I really afford to allow myself to sink to the level of our enemies? To defy the very code that I...

No, this is much greater than me. This all has now transcended my values and sense of being. For even as I stand here now, complaining of my part in this war, I can feel the pain and anger from these creatures. I can feel, even now the souls of this war's casualties crying for retribution. Even beneath the furious calls for wrath and spite that billow from these creatures, I can feel a purer cry for justice.

Justice will be given.

As he had stood there, thinking, Derovarr had become increasingly and noticeably angrier, to the point that anyone with a good eye could pick it up. After a long moment of thought, Derovarr turned to the rest of the group, a look of fury upon his face, and his eyes glowing that pure holy white...

"I will lead this creatures... and Norinth and this extraplanar Imperium will play dearly for their wrongs!" He finished, his voice in an angry rasp.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:49 pm

Aelisar: "Rest assured Lord Derovarr that they shall with your support, which we are grateful to have. I understand this was a tough decision for you, but the people of Airindale thank you for your sacrifice and resolve."

Aelisar then turned to Ulrich: "What say you, Priest of the Misalin Church? For you're also a new member to this meeting."
|

()

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:14 am

"While I do not wholly approve of these creatures, it is said that Pelor can bring good from anything. I shall pray that Hieroneous guides their blades towards our enemies, and stays them from us. Being creatures of evil, I don't know how well my gifts will work upon them, but I see that they are in fact the souls of your people, and will give them the respect they deserve as such." A look of sorrow comes into his eyes as he begins this next part, "My heart grieves for you and your people that such a means is required of you, and I vow to return and do what I can when this is all over. Friendship and sacrifice shall not be forgotten, and your countrymen shall be honored. No man, Elf or Human, should suffer what your people have suffered."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Aelisar: "I thank you for your support, Lord Ulrich. However I should probably clear up that these beings are not souls of our people, merely the manifestation of their fury, their negative emotions if you will, drained from the souls so that they may move on properly in peace, leaving only a fragment behind. That... and combined with the vile magic Norinth left amongst the woods, and the magic of creation we used to bind them."

Aelisar: "Now that our Misalinian comrades have agreed to support us, shall we return to the meeting."

... fast forward back to the briefing room Corleuthil ...

It was then the Naralanian's turn to present information.

Marshal: "For the Eastern Campaign, the Nation of Naralan will be fielding all of our newest units into the battlefield, minus what forces we need to maintain a minimum security garrison in our cities. The forces being deployed include 2 light walker regiments, 4 heavy walker regiments, and our Sky Galleon flotilla, totally over 6,000 warforged and equipped with over 2,000 light assault walkers, 800 heavy assault walkers, and 13 Sky Galleons. The Kingdom have also agreed to provide ground forces to assist our efforts, which are currently assembling within Naralan. They call themselves the Third Kingdom Frontier Fleet Ground Assault Force, with strength totaling 400 Assault Guns and 200 Fighters, apparently controlled from 2 Assault Transports."

Daethelar: "What are those things, exactly?"

Marshal: "The Assault Transports are huge transport ships, apparently required to ferry their forces across space, but also act as command centers. Due to their sheer size and lack of maneuverability, combined with their importance, they will not be partaking in frontline combat. The Assault Guns are similar is design and concept to the Imperial's Main Battle Tanks, armed with a primary Ion-Pulsar... beam cannon of sorts and two small guns. The Fighters are similar to the Imperial Redeins, except utilizing the Kingdom's energy beam weapons instead of the Imperial's plasma based weapons. The Kingdom representatives also guaranteed us that their weapons will outperform the Imperial counterparts by a 2-to-1 ratio based on the information they have regarding both sides' technology."

Marshal: "Regarding the strength of the Imperials, the Kharvan Citadel has taken some significant casualties to bring us this detailed information, and I must express our grievance for the recent death of their commander Gregoriy Konev and a number of other excellent officers."

Marshal: "The current Imperial and Norinth combined military strength estimates to four Imperial Brigades, one Imperial Half-Brigade, and two Norinth Brigades reorganized from the Blacklore forces, numering a total of about 33,000 troops, including logistical and support units. They also still have around 2,000 undead Behemoths. Their forces are deployed across three main locations: near the Naralan-Fens border, around Trias, and west of the city of Aurora (Norinth)."

Marshal: "Our estimated based on acquired information on the strength of the enemy forces includes 2,000 Undead Behemoths, 5,000 infantry, 110 Metaacs, 1200 MBTs, 1200 IFVs, 600 heavy artillery, 600 MLRS, which are a volley type barrage artillery, 1800 missile carriers, 250 scout vehicles, an unknown number of Redein fighters in supply but we estimate their ability to deploy to about 500 at any time, and thousands of other supply, repair, and similar support vehicles. Reminder that all of the numbers given are our rough estimates. They also have numerous other automated static defenses and around 10 Guard companies scattered throughout Norinth, but we can expect these units to be tangled down as garrison forces as opposed to mobile forces."

( questions and comments )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:33 pm

((IMPORTANT RETCON ANNOUNCEMENT

Samael is at this meeting!

Fin.))

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:56 pm

( ... continuing ... )

Daethelar: "...Next, moving onto the actual campaign at hand. There are two primary methods of approach we may take."

Daethelar: "The Imperial Brigade stationed near the Fens-Naralan border has already shown signs of moving out in the last intelligence report, and we believe the enemy will move out from that position in the upcoming day, or days at most. Since the Imperial units within Norinth has not shown signs of full mobilization, I believe their intentions are not to start attacking, but to pull their forces back into Norinth. I do not believe this is a move we can react to in time, as our own forces are not yet ready, but it will change our future battle plans."

Daethelar: "Even with the Imperials and Norinth forces fully withdrawn back into Norinth territory, there is still the various orcs, goblins, ogres, and other barbaric tribes of the Fens to worry about. Their participation in the war thus far have left their military strength exhausted, but not completely depleted. The common barbarian may be stupid, but it would be disastrous to assume their leaders are after what they've achieved in this war already. Norinth is their ally and rear support, and it would be foolish to assume that they do nothing as Norinth falls, therefore it is highly likely that once we invade Norinth and entangle our forces there, the various draconic tribes of the Fens shall rally what forces they can to strike us in the rear. Because of this, we believe it is crucial that we deal with these fendwellers as part of our campaign north."

Daethelar: "The first option is for our forces to cut a path through the Fens towards Trias, eliminating all opposition we may come across along the way, shattering any resistance and demolishing the morale of these fendwellers until the concept of raising arms against us will be hampered by such fear that they cannot achieve the strength required for a significant breakthrough of our home garrisons before reinforcements return. We may not necessarily need to march all the way to Trias, and may only stop halfway through the Fens before teleporting into Norinth, and there is also the high possible chance that the Imperials will challenge us to a decisive battle while we're still in the Fens. But either way, I expect this idea will take at least one to two weeks of time to hammer the Fens' resistance. However, it also has the further benefit of allow our commanders and troops to gain experience in the coordination of our new armies before any decisive showdown with the Imperials."

Daethelar: "The other method, is that we send a small detachment into the Fens, one that will keep them occupied, but also won't be entangled with the heavier Imperial forces and thus can return to reinforce our homeland at a moment's notice, while the two main forces teleport directly into Norinth and seek engagement with the Imperials."

Marshal: "I believe we should follow the second plan and strike the enemy directly. I should remind everyone here that the main reason why we are launching the campaign so soon is because the rapidly rising industrial strength of Norinth thanks to the Imperials' help, combined with the industrial damage the Imperial raid on Skorlungaer and countless other locations have inflicted upon us. We cannot give the enemy one or two more weeks to build additional forces to augment their numbers and ready their defenses."

Aelisar: "But if we rush into battle any more than we are doing so, this campaign may all be for naught. From all information gathered, the Imperial forces are well trained and organized. They have been disciplined for years and have recently seen engagements in overtaking Norinth to further boost their experience. The Norinth forces being converted into Imperial Brigades may be inexperienced in the use of their new equipment, but these are Norinth reserves trained since before the war and have the organization fully built into them. Our veteran forces that have been pulled through the war have the experience and organization, but our commanders does not have this for the new Battlemaster army, and neither has the Naralan forces assembled seen any major combat experience."

( figure this is a good place for you all to discuss )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:34 pm

"Perhaps there is room for compromise between the two plans. Based on what we've heard, we're going to have to deal with the Fens Dwellers either by beating the into submission to leaving a sizable enough force deal within them in our absence. From my point of view, I don't see how we can simply ignore the remaining Fens forces, nor do I wish to be bogged down in an exhaustive campaign that will leave us open to attacks from the Imperials.

So, rather, I propose we identify the major clusters of remaining forces, and take them out as swiftly as possible. If past experiences have been any indicator, once their larger forces are routed, so to will their smaller groups. If executed properly, this may allow us enough time to push into Norinth, inflict some damage, and then return to finish the job at when time permits.

Granted, it won't given us quite as much time to drill ourselves on large-scale battle command, but we don't stuck trudging through that damned jungle watching the Imperials strike at us at their leisure either."

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:31 am

Daethelar: "You are proposing tactical strikes against these Fendwellers, Lord Derovarr? It is true that we know the location of most of their important clan positions. However, there are two things you should note. First of all, the Fendwellers all live in subterranean caverns, many of them protected by layers of traps and defensive wards, particularly those of the draconic orcs and their chromatic overlords. Our mages cannot spread to their full effectiveness by attacking the lairs of these enemies, and it shall be a brutal battle that may only be carried out by infantry, in hostile ground and in cramped quarters. Assaulting these positions will not be a quick decisive battle where smaller strike forces excel at, but a long attritional battle, and henceforth the need for battlemaster units to pour over their position. Secondly, while the barbarians of the Fens will break on the field of battle, you are speaking of assaulting their homes. The war in Archeron proves plenty that even these folks are willing to fight to the death for their families, instincts which every beast in the world has. They will not be routed so simply on their own home grounds."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:48 am

"Hmm, I had not considered the instinctual factor. Very well then, seeing as there can be no middle ground reached, my vote is to commence a long campaign to beat the Fens Dwellers into submission. All things considered, I would feel much more confident pushing into Norinth with the knowledge that the Fens will no be able to launch a potentially threatening attack on our rearguard, or our homes. Besides, the barbarians are easily manipulated, and would not take much for the Norinthners and the Imperials to convince them that harrying our efforts will benefit them as well.

The Fens dwellers have a been a problem for ages, and, yet, have always slipped under the radar. We have chance to decidedly route them. So let's deal with them, and be done with them. Once, and for all."
(Diplomacy: 59)

Active Characters:

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:35 am

"Aye, the Fens dwellers have done some damage, and their frost mages will be quite a problem if allowed to harry our forces while we attack Norinth. My vote is also to alleviate this problem. It may be possible that some small strike forces could harry Norinth during our campaign against the Fens to inhibit their ability to manufacture things? Maybe not quite so grand as our raid on their Gate Keep, but something to set them back a little? That would also give some of our newest units a chance to test themselves against different types of foes." (Diplo 28)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:58 am

"I disagree. One of our main advantages here is surprise. It is unlikely that the Imperials have ever fought anything like a force of Battlemasters. If we fight our way through the Fens, they will have ample time to observe our methods and tactics and formulate a counter. Worse, we will be surrendering the initiative to the Imperials. They will have a chance to watch our progress, scout the terrain, and launch an attack on their own terms. With the tactical expertise and firepower the Imperials have, a surprise attack while we are marching could end the campaign before it even begins.

"I would prefer to leave a smaller force in the Fens to tie up their combat abilities as much as possible while the bulk of our forces move directly on Norinth. We need to force the Imperium to react to our moves, rather than letting them actively move to destroy us."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Game Summaries”