Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Blackbog Keep

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:13 am

Marshal: "I agree with... Lord Haborym, was it ?, sorry I haven't gotten the hang of human names yet. But yes, if we sent out armies into the Fens we'd be showing off our capabilities directly under the enemy's eyes and forfeiting the initiative of battle to them. All reports already inform us that their tactical speed is far superior to ours, thus surprise is not a factor we should throw away."

Tharivol: "We never anticipated surprise, General Marshal. No one here can deny that the Norinthners have undoubtedly the best infiltrators in Penthiae, and we highly suspect that Ariethil has already infiltrated our camp more than once. The presence of the battlemaster army will be of no surprise to them, the fact they withdrew the forces from the Naralan border should be evidence of them expecting our campaign."

Marshal: "Nevertheless, we still have initiative as a factor to think of, to choose battle on our terms and grounds, for if we don't, the enemy surely will."

Kovis: "In regards to Lord Haborym's idea, I'd like to make a proposal to follow up on the second idea Lord Daethelar made - that I can personally take a force of troops into the Fens and draw their attention away from the campaign. I ask only for the minimum number of troops, four Misalin Heavy Cavalry banners and two Misalin Skirmisher companies as vanguard, two Battlemaster regiments as siege infantry, and the Misalin logistics unit as support. It's a force that is small enough not to detract much from the fighting power of the Eastern Campaign, but large enough to pose a serious threat to the remaining Fens clans, especially once I start sieging their lairs."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:35 am

"If they've infiltrated us, then there is no initiative factor to speak of. Either way, if they have as much tactical brilliance as we're assuming of them, then, like Commander Tharivol has said, the fact they are pulling our from their fringe outposts is an indicator that they're expecting a large assault on in the North. So, let's all stop acting under the assumption that we have the ability to spring some great trap on them." Derovarr said, rolling his eyes.

"I do, however, understand that logic behind not spending several weeks to a month trudging through the swamp, and given the reports of Norinth's new and much improved military-industrial complex would hinder us significantly. Perhaps the orcs will have to wait.

Command Kovis, if it is your wish to lead such a distraction, I would grant you the troops."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:59 am

"I see that those with more experience at tactics have come to another decision. Very well. I would suggest that Kovis take a few of our aspiring commanders with him to show them a different style of tactics than what we will be using against the Imperials. If we send all of our commanders to one section, they will be overspecialized, and that breeds weakness. I would ask for a day or two with Kovis's Cleric units before they head out to teach them some of the art of Dispelling, for you shall need it against the Orcs." Ulrich said, acknowledging that he knew little of large scale tactics.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:08 pm

Marshal: "I beg to differ, Lord Derovarr. Strategic initiative may not necessarily be ours if they guessed our impending attack, but we can still seize tactical initiative over where and when precisely to begin our attacks. Teleporting directly into Norinth gives us this advantage, where wandering about in the Fens does not. But either way, I do support Lord Kovis' proposal."

Daethelar was looking very unsure at the moment.

Aelisar: "Lord Kovis, can you cast a teleportation circle, or multiple ones for that matter, for a quick transportation home for your forces in the event of such a need?"

Kovis: "Yes. I believe any spellcasting commander incapable of casting this spell may soon find themselves obsoleted in warfare, for it is by far the most important strategic spell invented this war."

Aelisar: "Well in that case, I have no objections. Two full regiments and an accompanying force of Misalin cavalry, lead by a capable commander such as yourself, should prove sufficient to draw away the attention of the Fendwellers."

Daethelar: "In that case, I have no problems with this proposal either, and we can pull out two of our most prepared battlemaster regiments immediately, and you may begin the campaign as soon as the Misalin contingent is ready."

Kovis: "I can have them prepared today and move out tomorrow, straight towards the closest clan lair near Misalin and Airindale, the wasteland orc camp just beyond the swamps to the Northeast of Blackbog. Lord Derovarr? "
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:16 pm

"Go with the grace of the Gods. Keep us informed on everything, everything." He said, giving a nod.

"Oh, and, remember, no more fallen heros." he finished, giving an almost taunting smile.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:48 pm

Daethelar: "Very well, in that case there are two more things to discuss today. First of all, I'd like to invite the Misalin forces that will be partaking in this campaign to join us in the Northern Fortress of Thatahl that we have just visited. The main goal will be to give time for our two forces to integrate and get along with each other more. I'd request this for as soon as possible, preferable tomorrow once the Misalinians had some time to prepare and establish garrison command in Blackbog."

Daethelar: "Two, our originally proposed campaign start date is the beginning of the week on June 3rd, exactly one week from today. This is the fastest time for both the Airindale and Naralan forces to complete and ready all basic preparations. I ask if the new Misalinian commanders agree with this plan, and if the Naralan command have any new objections to the original plan."

Marshal: "That we have none of. The Naralan forces will be ready to begin by June 1st, and I have not changed my opinion that the sooner this starts, the better."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:10 pm

"As far as the forces at Blackbog are concerned, we could be ready to march on the enemy in a fews days time, if it were necessary. So, know that we shall make good use of this week.

I must, however, voice my concern at the notion of immediately moving our troops to this fort you speak of. I understand that you would like to begin the integration of forces as soon as possible, but our command center location makes it very dangerous to leave a small compliment of troops behind. Not only will it leave us vulnerable to attack fro the North, but Misalin proper has been eerily silent over the last few weeks.

I can begin sending over men in rotations. But I cannot warrant sending our full fighting force away for an entire week, and more."

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:08 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:43 pm

"Very well, we Misalinians shall take our leave. Know that in the week to come, that we shall do our best to integrate the intelligence gathered by the Kharvans into our somewhat, evolving tactical doctrine. I will also prepare my soldiers for those rotations. They have already been partaking in a new training regime during this mobilization period, and I believe that these drills will have opened their minds towards new and innovative tactics.

Know that by the 1st of the next month, the Grand Duchy will be prepared to bear all of her forces unto the field of battle.

On this note, we take our leave. Thank you for having us, Lady Arvitor." Derovarr finished, bowing to the commanders in the room, before leaving.

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:45 am

"Gods grant us strength." said Ulrich as he bowed and followed Derrovar out of the room
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:41 am

After Derovar returns to Blackbog Keep, Kovis requests the following:

Kovis: "Lord Derovarr. Seeing as I will be preparing my forces today and having them ready to head out on the campaign into the Fens by tomorrow morning, there's one thing I'd like to request. After the hesitation and conflict you showed when faced with the thought of having to cooperate and utilize the battlemasters, I have no doubt many of our forces will feel the same. I believe it might be best if their supreme commander gave them some preparation and persuasion for what they will see tomorrow. It would also be a good opportunity to boost their morale. Although... we could also try a rally tomorrow morning before heading out, although the troops won't be given much time to think upon what they've heard."

Kovis: "What do you suggest ?"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:13 pm

"Agreed. Tomorrow morning we will have a great rally, wherein all soldiers will line up and shall dress their finest. I will address them, and reassure them that we are making the right choice." Derovarr responded, obviously not pleased with what the "right choice" was.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:30 pm

On morning of May 27th, Teodor receives the following message, directly from Governor-General Konstantin Gant himself.

"With the loss of Gregoriy Konev along with other officers of the Citadel in recent operations against Norinth, the Kharvan Citadel will be given to new leadership and directed along separate fronts, with one side continuing the support of our allies in the upcoming campaign against Norinth, while the other takes command of security within Kharva. Teodor Vormav, due to your considerable skills and experience in dealing with both the Norinth Shadow Guards and the Imperials, you are being promoted to Command the Foreign Intelligence Branch of the Kharvan Citadel Elite, including all remaining operatives within Airindale, Misalin, Naralan, and Norinth, as well as the mobile Kharvan Citadel company under Blade-Captain Dolch Pliskin, which will be devoted to infiltration and sabotage efforts as deemed necessary by you. You will also report directly to me on any of your findings, either before informing the other alliance members or at the same time."

"Do you accept this command?"
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:55 pm

"Yes, Governor-General, I will accept this command."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:44 am

After returning to Blackbog, Cary calls Derovarr, Kovis, Kilar, Ulrich, and Kati into the meeting room, with something to discuss.

Cary: "Just two days ago, on the night we raided Trias, I received a message from an old acquaintance of mine, someone I thought had died during my mission to South Misalin. His alias is Blade, and I don't know his name. He claims that he doesn't remember it himself. I believe he's a changeling, as rare as they are. He served Misalin during the earlier part of this war in the fighting around Capital City as a mercenary of sorts, and was also partially responsible for bringing down the Durum Defending after the Battle of Highrez. I know him to be a very skilled blaster mage, although... his blasting isn't what you call magic. At least, it doesn't show up on any divination spells, Arcane Sight or otherwise. But nevertheless this is an artillery mage capable of defeating entire regiments by himself. He's also a skilled artificer I believe, although he didn't really try to help the Guard as far as artificing goes. Actually, the most peculiar fact about him is, Lord Strusler showed a certain degree of interest and trust in him, even when they first met. Lord Anstrun once asked him about it, and the only thing Lord Strusler said was, and I quote his exact words - he forgot, it seems."

Cary: "But anyways, he claims that he partook in the attack on Trias as a distraction for us. From the sounds of it, he's the ally the Kingdom promised the Alliance Forces. I haven't disclosed any unnecessary information to him. But I believe he'd be willing to join us. I'm not quite sure why, but he seems to have a particular distaste for Norinth and the Imperium."
|

()

Return to “Game Summaries”