Post Trelling (April 21st)

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:53 am

(Sorry for the delay, I've been a touch busy getting ready for spring semester)

Jens via ring to Derovarr: "This is Jens. In position, requesting orders, over."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Shift: Can cram around 200 to 300 people, rather uncomfortably though.

Halsten: You really should coordinate better with your minions if you're going to impersonate someone, at least try aiming for someone who isn't a... (a short break in between)... enough of this delay tactics.

Dmitri arrives at the scene, Jens and him can both see the insurgent NONCOMs leading the group getting more rowdy and began shouting to break through immediately before church reinforcements arrive.

Kelmik msgs to Dmitri: Well this looks like it can get out of hand real fast, I should have prepared riot control spells with all this happening today.

Kovis: Understood. Give us a message and we can deactivate the lock on the Blackbog teleportation area. Do you need help there?
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:26 pm

Message to Kelmik: I'm going down to talk to them. Be prepared to disrupt anyone who tries to cast at me.

Dmitri casts Superior Invisibility, then swoops down to the leaders of the insurgent group:

"Listen carefully, you don't have much time. I'm here to help you. Gather together all your men and prepare to break out. If we escape the city's lockdown I can teleport you away, but we need to move NOW."

((Diplomacy check, if required: 51))
Last edited by TheDude51 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:31 pm

There was absolutely no response to Dmitri's comments, the officers and troops around him doesn't even acknowledge his presence.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:39 pm

Dmitri casts Message, targeting all the NONCOMs that appear to be leading things, then repeats his message.

He adds: "As soon as your forces are separated, I will clear a path for you."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Jens: Jens, I need your exact location. Over!

Shift: Roger that. Report back in as soon as the rest of the detainees are on board! Over!

Halsten: I understand this is very confusing, so I'll stop wasting your time and explain this to you once we're all at Blackbog. Kindly return this ring to Coric. Over.

Sigh.

Message to Dmitri's Command Ring: Dmitri, this Derovarr. I'm sure you're aware of the current situation. This is going to sound rather strange, but I may need to borrow your teleportation keep. Over.

"Kati, message Blackbog, and tell them to get their teleporation keep ready, and to expect an inbound airship very soon. In the meantime. We need to get scene of the uprising. So, some camouflage would be nice."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:20 pm

Dmitri is now hovering just above the main concentration of the insurgent leaders.

Reply to Derovarr via command ring: "Yes, I understand that there is some sort of disturbance among your troops. You are welcome to use the teleport keep if you need it. Keep me informed."

To insurgent leaders via Message spell: "I can hear you if you whisper a reply. You need to have your men separate from the others as quickly as possible. You are out of time."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:00 pm

((I don't think you can be heard at all under Sup Invis...Might wanna swap that down to Greater...))

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:40 pm

A few of the NCOs seems quite confused, Dmitri hears them saying lines like "message from unknown source, think it's trustworthy?" and "he's asking for the impossible anyways, we barely even know who's with us and who's against us."

Dmitri and Jens also see Halsten, who already took his ring off, toss it back to Coric. He looks rather annoyed, shouted to his back that the theocrats are planning something and they must leave now. Several squads of fully armed cavalry behind him thus starts to push forward, weapons raised, but with more intimidation than malicious intent.
Coric's blockading cavalry refuse to open engagement and falls back slowly while maintaining an active stance. A small gap of around 10ft opens up in the front of the advance, but unmounted infantry on the side continue to be mingled and arguing amongst one another.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:19 am

Message to Dmitri: Will give more specific details later. Troops in front of you believe that myself and Kati have been captured by proclaimer-leaning forces. I fear my attempt to speak Warden Halsten may have worsened the situation. Do what you can to calm them down, or usher them towards the teleportation keep. Be there soon. Owe you one. Over.

Message to Coric: Give me an update. Tell me what proclaimer forces are doing as well. Over!

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:41 am

Response to Derovarr: "I'm not sure what you mean. I can't involve myself in a purely Misalenian affair, and there certainly aren't any of your troops 'in front of me'."

Dmitri then burns an Action Point to emulate Nonlethal Substitution. Raising Lux Gloriae, he burns 8 charges to cast an Empowered, Maximized, Nonlethal Firestorm at Coric's cavalry that are blocking the way, trying to hit as many of them as possible. This deals 162 points of nonlethal damage, with a Reflex Save DC 35 for half damage.

Via Message spell to NCOs: "GO NOW. Get out of the city as fast as you can. I'll support you."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:57 am

Time seems to have frozen as troops of both sides suddenly stares in shock as the devastation unleashed, as almost all of Coric's blockading cavalry and most of the troops on his side were suddenly knocked out by overwhelming magical power.
Only Coric himself and several officers manage to remain standing... barely.

The rear sides and flank units of the whole 'confrontation', unsure of what happened except that fighting broke out, starting drawing weapons and clashing at each other, while being directed by whatever leadership available to push towards the closest gate - west.

The NCOs stare at each other for a minute, trying to figure out what happened. Before one of them shouted "It doesn't matter now, they'll have our heads for sure, might as well go to the extreme and break out of here!"

The front line of insurgent cavalry charges straight towards Coric's remaining men, trampling through those knocked unconscious. The last of the blockaders, already heavily injured by the magical storm, were quickly dismounted and knocked out.
|

()

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:03 am

Ulrich and his men are on their way towards the ship (as they have been since Derrovars message, and Ulrich's prep talk).
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:05 am

Derovarr heard the blast from his location, and, as it resounded, he came to the realization of what had just happened. "Dear Gods... What have I done?" he gasped. "WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!" He roared, eyes flashing pure white as he brought his fist down on the table in the room, causing it to splinter and cave in, scattering the many papers across the floor.

"Kati, we need to get over their now. If you have any useful spells or buffs, make haste." He said, placing his helm upon his head, and calling his armor and Phalanx to him.

Jens: Report in! What's going on! Over!

Dmitri: What was that blast! What just happened! Over!

Coric: Report in! What's going on! Over!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:49 am

"I'm on it!" Kati shouts as draws Kára in one hand (leaving it as a medium sized short sword for now) and the Infiltration Staff in the other. She calls up a casting array and sends a message to Kovis while waiting for Derovarr to grab onto the staff. "Help would be greatly appreciated. Cloaked firepower especially. If you manage to beat Derovarr and myself to the scene, please wait before using said firepower." About this time a translucent duplicate of Kati fades in from nowhere and takes up position next to her, ready to parry any attacks, and then translucent shadows of Kati begin to move out of sync with her movements. Once Derovarr had grabbed onto the staff, Kati activates the Invisibility ability on it and then casts Wind Walk turning the two of them into invisible clouds.

Brief summary:
Casting Array sacrificing level 3 spell to ignore +4 spell levels
Applying Quicken Spell to Wind Walk
Casting Eyes of the Oracle
Item familiar casts Spiritual Guardian (the translucent duplicate)
Total APs burned: 1
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Game Summaries”