Battle of Trelling

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:28 pm

It was clear that throughout the entirety of the briefing, that Derovarr was thinking hard about something while listening to Shift talk about the improvements and upgrades to vessel. Anyone who knew Derovarr well, knew that we was forming a plan.

"Hmm. With the return of the Retribution, a sizeable portion of the enemy's air superiroity has been reduced. It cannot be denied that they have us on maneuverability and response time. But on raw firepower and endurance, we have taken that from them. Or rather, Shift has taken that from them. The other members of the command squad will tell you that what this behemoth is capable of gives even Jen's a run for his money.

Not to mention that the improvements, namely, the lockdown field around the ship, coupled with the losse of the several of their mages and majority of that blasted responce team, have greatly their ability quickly respond to such major sources of attack. They no longer have thw ability to immediately teleport in and begin wreaking havoc before we can reorganize. Now, if they wish to do so, they must come at us directly, and, with so few troops, remainging troops, they cannot choose to obstain.

So, it is logical to assume that they will have to throw their dragonlancers at us to the halt any oncoming attacks. And as we know, those dragonlancers are quite possibly the only think keeping them in this fight.

Thus, I feel it is time to take the fight to the enemy one last time. We will do this by using the Retribution's main rune cannon to goad the enemies flight of dragons and any other remaining elites into coming at us to stop the attacks. When they show up, the collective command squad, Kelmik's mages, and any other practical elite troops will procced to blast them into oblivion or otherwise hinder them untill stronger troops can bring them down."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:29 pm

Garris: "Well, that's an interesting proposition, any suggestions on how to carry this out?"

Aelle: "Also, I don't believe anyone here has been informed of this but the enemy did erect wards at their current position. I don't know what exactly is there, but their 'camp' is shielded by Mage's Private Sanctum spells, which prevents us from seeing their ground forces distribution from outside the wards. Their dragons however, are still hovering and patrolling over their campgrounds."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:43 pm

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:31 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:31 am

"Well it would seem that our only option would be to maneuver the ship outside of the city and lay the trap for them there. It's a risky maneuver taking so many elite troops away from the city, but it will force the enemy to respond to two separate attacks: Ours, and Commander Revmiren's aasault squadrons.

Besides, if they really wanted to sneak attack the city while we attacked them, they'd be breaking up their forces into three groups. Which, given the lack of numbers and a nearly spent general, is not something I would trust they have the capability of performing easily.

The fact is, that we have two options: Gather our remaing forward attack resources and mount one last strike before they can fully regroup. Or wait until they his us at night. Option 1 is risky, as we are unable to determine their dispalcement, but I can guarantee that it will be a better fight than if wait till dark.

So, I propose we gather the command squad, move the ship into a position above the city where we have a visual of their encampment, and open fire until the bastards come looking for us.

I suggest that if anyone disagrees with my proposal, that they speak up now; preferably before the sun goes down." Derovarr finished, as he glanced around the room with a stern look on his face.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:13 pm

no one seems to be saying anything (at least not the NPCs, you guys decide for yourselves).
|

()

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:40 pm

Kati speaks up, "I have no objections. It is better to end this quick, as we are all growing tired and the constant skirmishes are exhausting us, but I still have a few tricks left for the next battle."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:37 pm

((Sense Motive 63 to see if anyone apears to be "holding something back."))

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:31 pm

nothing...

(so you're free to draft me up a real plan, with numbers and details :P)
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:03 am

"Very well, since there are no exceptions, let us proceed to planning.

Approxiamately, how many hours of daylight do we have?"

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:30 am

"dusk comes about 8, so we'd still have a little more than two hours left."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:34 am

[Insert plan discussion here.]
((Dai, getst thyself to AIM))

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:51 am

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:12 am

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:38 am

|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Summaries”