Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Battle of Trelling

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:17 am

The long awaited decisive battle of the Trelling campaign...

1st Post, battle stats page:

Current Round (Since Entry): ?

Initiatives
Derovarr: 40
Kati: 26
Ulrich: 23
Jens: 21
Skirmishers1[11]: 19
Pegasi[3]: 19
Dispatchers[1]: 18
Crusaders2[10]: 16
Inquisitors[1]: 14
Coric: 13
Skirmishers2[11]: 6
Crusaders1[11]: 2

Locations - In terms of the Dispatcher's location at beginning of battle.
Derovarr: 10ft North
Kati: 10ft North, 5ft West
Jens: 200ft Northeast, 300ft Up
Ulrich: 5ft North, 15ft West (trapped in force bubble)
Dmitri: 1,600ft Away...
Coric[Hostile]: 10ft North, 15ft East
Dispatchguard2[Hostile]: 10ft North, 5ft East, Unconscious
Inquisitor2[Hostile]: Somewhere being sick
PegasiCav[3][Neutral]: 2 Grounded, 1 ~80ft up and flying around the teleportation area in circles...
Crusaders1[11][Hostile]: Perimeter 10~15ft away from Derovarr
Crusaders2[10][Hostile]: Perimeter 10~15ft away from Derovarr
Skirmishers1[11][50% Hostile]: Scattered along the NE battlements, at least ~40ft away and 20ft up, behind cover
Skirmishers1[11][50% Hostile]: Scattered along the NW battlements, at least ~40ft away and 20ft up, behind cover

Archeronian Sentries[34]: Have no clue WTF just happened, they're scattered along the battlements and the sentry posts.

PC/Allied Conditions:
Buffs[Effective Counter-Dispel Caster Level]
Command Auras:
???

Derovarr
HP:
Morale: Normal
Buffs: Protection Devotion [20]

Jens
HP:
Buffs: Arcane Spellsurge [21], All Daily Buffs...

Kati
HP:
Special: Bound by manacles.
Buffs:
Sense Weakness[24], Iron Silence[24], Moral Facade[24], Superior Resistance[24], Visions of the Future[24], Energy Immunity(Fire)[24], Energy Immunity(Cold)[24], Protection Devotion [20]

Ulrich
HP:
Buffs: Protection Devotion [20], Healing Lorecall[28], Soul of Light[28]

Dmitri
HP:
Buffs:
Last edited by Zanaikin on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 146 times in total.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:18 am

claimed, for possible needs
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:40 am

after all the preparations have been finished, the command squad teleports into the left side boundary in between the hills of #104 & 106. (the left side crossing of the hill lines b/t the two).

As soon as you enter, you could see enemy forces, about 300~500 troops, half of them cavalry (goblin wolf riders) assembling in the grounds between the three hills. Most of them are in loose squad-based formations and are moving towards the edge of the immediate area, to make more room near the teleportation point for incoming troops.
There are a dozen or two goblins sentries and orc mages posted atop each hilltop, although extra numbers are hard to determine. A few squads of mages are also casting defensive wards on the east side of hill #103.

There seem to be a slight bit of skirmishing in the woods to the east. No major fighting, but a scream every so often could be heard.

The teleportation point could be seen with a distance of about ~1600ft. Troops seems to be coming through continuously in half-squads. Currently it seems to be a group of goblin lightfoots. A few squads of elites could be seen surrounding the teleportation point.

Within just seconds of coming in, the sentries on hill#106 and hill#104 are yelling and running straight in your direction, weapons brandishing...

Garris and his knights quickly create a phantom steed below them. "We need to move towards the teleport point now! We're barely within the range to delay their teleports and good chance any dragons trying to come through won't be effected by my anticipate teleport!." He then takes off towards the teleport area with his knights close behind.

[roll intiatives, since we have the chance now][not in battle-order yet... so take your actions]
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:01 am

Derovarr breathed out defiantly and cracked his neck, and proceeded after them as quickly as he could. "Right let's move!, he barked, Phalanx giving another pulse of divine energy as he took off.
As the imenet clash grew nearer he again spoke to his company.
"Into the breech my comrades, one last time!"
"One last time for honor!" (check 1)
"One last time for those who we protect!"
"And one last time for those who have fallen!!" (check 2)
"CHARGE!!!" he yelled, surging foward with all his might. Phalanx responded by lengthening and letting loose the banner of Misalin. (dramatic effect)

((Taking a run action, with combat expertise at full, rally check one is 45, rally check two is 46 (AP Burn).))

DM EDIT: That's a everyone to fanatical it seems.
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:17 am

Ranmor dashes into a quick jog to keep up with Derovarr, also in a defensive stance as he zips along. A wild yell escapes his throat as the wind rushes by, closing in on the decisive battle for Trelling.

[CE max]

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:42 pm

the yells of the goblins all over quickly raised the alarm. Grounded regulars scattered into even lighter half-squad formations to evade possible area magic. The soldiers who just recently came in through the teleport quickly scattered into the nearby area. While the elites posted at the teleport, presumably guarding the location, rose into the air. There were over two dozen of them, split into three squads, which maneuvered themselves so that what is clearly the assault squad faced the approaching hostiles. Other than rising 100ft into the air, the defenders made no motion to approach the party. Instead, they busied themselves casting buff spells. Within a second, all of them vanished into invisibility (and if you have See Invisibility, you still notice 2 of them just vanish outright).
The elites are in loose formations, three squads positioned in an equilateral triangle around the teleport, each a distance of ~50ft away from the center (~70ft away from each other). The frontal squad contains the assault squad plus 5 extras, whom looks like elite bugbear shock infantry. While the two rear squads each contain ten draconic orc mages.

From behind, you can see that the mages and sentries on hills 104 and 106 stopped chased after you and returned to their guard locations.

Garris make a double move on their phantom steeds, reaching a distance of 1200ft from their target. His knights forms a defensive perimeter around him and is ready to charge into the enemy. (Reminder: he has the greater anticipate teleport spell).

If you're running to keep up, give me the distance you moved (MAXIMUM of what you can run up to in a single round - x4 move). If no movement your location is 1800ft away from teleport. The locations for this battle will be made in terms of distance/direction from the teleport point.

[INITIATIVES~!]

[I think I should mention the Bugbear Striker has a boomerang - yes the DM can do retraining too, and this only took a few feat swapping]
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:08 pm

((Max speed for a full-out run for me is 320ft.))
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:47 pm

I make a full run (520 feet max move) up to match the phantom knights, covering Garris with the Warding.

I also send a telepathic message to Kelmik and the other elven mages.
"Draconic mages have laid defensive wards on the East side of Hill 103. Make sure to be alert for them when you come over, and keep up your altitude."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:00 pm

I'll match Drew's speed for now.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:11 pm

Jens takes a deep breath. "Okay. Moment of truth here we go." He hangs a ways behind the tanks (prolly 160 ft or so) and begins trying to decide what he should hit. (any input is apprecited.)

Initiative: 25
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:41 pm

Telepathic message to Jens:
"Jens, I can't cover both you and Garris with the warding. Try to just hang back out of true sight range while you blast."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:15 pm

Osmund begins by casting Lesser Holy Transformation, and Ulrich Hightails it a whopping 240ft. forward. Initiative: 19
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:01 pm

from a location containing nothing, probably one of the enemy units concealed by Superior Invisibility, a twin burst of fireballs were evoked at maximum distance and soared towards Garris' formation. One of his lieutenants quickly evokes a wall of force in the trajectory of the fireballs, detonating them.

Kelmik responds to Karhedros' message: "Got that, we're fully prepared already, awaiting signal to enter battle."

(It seems you guys forgot to put Telepathic Bond on the buffs list? Oh well I'll assume Garris put it up).

[START OF ROUND THREE]

The goblin sniper begins firing arrows towards Garris. However the first two shots missed outright due to the extreme range (actually I rolled two nat1s). The bugbear striker readied his boomerang for attack.

(Dave your turn)
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:54 pm

Ranmor zips forward, still in a defensive stance, but holding his pace to something Derovarr can keep up with. As he runs, he focuses his mind for the combat he knows will soon begin in earnest. [Moment of Alacrity, init=49]
Last edited by Laharl on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:12 am

the Champion gives his hammer a menacing way and it expands to more than double its original size (to the size you're more familiar to... maybe, hard to tell at this distance), and seems to be casting a spell upon the hammer.

Garris presses his mount forward with another double move (now 580ft from the enemy), maneuvering his mount to evade a full volley of fireballs, coldballs, and scintillating spheres from the enemy's second mage squad. He then stops with a quick turn while maintaining a defensive stance, bracing himself for hostile attacks. He then speaks over the telecomm "That should be close enough to delay most of anyone coming in. Chances are they already sent message to the other side. Remember this will only delay enemy reinforcements for four rounds!"

Two more fireballs appeared from invisible air near the champion and soared towards Garris, who proceeded to release his readied spell. A prismatic sphere suddenly expanded to surround his position and the incoming fireballs exploded harmlessly upon striking the multicolored barrier.

Next is ... Scott, Judson, Drew, Squall, Marty... so everyone but dave
I can handle the phantom knights later.
|

()

Return to “Game Summaries”