Battle of Trelling

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:22 pm

Seeing Kati's stituation rapidly deteriorating, Derovarr tumbled ((Tumble Check 32)) over into her square, and stood over her. In doing so, he locked back down into a defensive stance, rooting himself where he stood. ((Swift action to change to Roots of the Mountain Stance)) He then "adressed" the Crusader that just attempted to decapacitate her.

"Stand down!" he yelled, with look of utmost fury. ((Initmidate Check 47 + (difference between our ranks)))

((CE at full once more))
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:47 pm

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:53 pm

Active Characters:

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:42 am

Osmund Casts a resurgence, hoping to bring Ulrich back into the action...
Fort Save 44. and it works!!!

Ulrich then responds by shouting "Misalin Troops STOP ATTACKING KATI AND DERROVAR, AIM TO THE SKIES!!!" and lets out a burst of healing by dropping a Panacea for a Cure Light wounds Mass, Healing 94 HP to the closest 24 Soldiers, including Kati Derrovar, and the Inquisitor. Osmund saved the 25th charge. This Alleviates anyone nauseated who is targeted.

"LETS GET THE WARLOCK!"

He then adds in an undertone of Hymn of Spell Death to his Hymn of Healing as a Swift Action (As per Subvocalize class feature).
*to Osmund* "Thanks for that friend."

Perform Check:
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:43 am

Upon hearing the incoming messages, Dmitri immediately springs into action.

Lux Gloriae casts Flight of the Dragon on him, and as he soars into the air (move action towards teleport point and upwards) he messages Kelmik.

"Fighting at the teleport keep between Misalenians and unknown hostiles. Assemble the most powerful mages you can quickly throw together and get airborne. Be ready to engage on command."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:15 pm

The spell fire from the Archeronian mages suddenly stopped, several mages attempted to continue casting but noticed it was impossible for them to focus their magic...

Kelmik sends a reply: "We're already on way."
(Dmitri's about 7,500ft NE of teleport)

The two dispatchers, the inquisitor, and the crusader battle-captain stands back up straight, readjusting their stance and taking positions around Derovarr.
"Thanks for your support Cardinal, we'll finish up business here as we're unprepared to deal with aerial targets." one of them commented.
"They seem to be in league anyways." said another.
"Take care of the aerial intruder." responded a third.
The four then charged their weapons with divine energy and launched their attack (Emerald Razor x2, Disarming Strike, Divine Surge), three of them were parried off successfully, one managed to get through and hit (Derovarr takes 28dmg).

the other crusaders in the back were backing off and forming a defensive perimeter around the Guard members fighting each other.

The three aerial cavalry began speeding upwards towards the origin of the spellblasts, but was intercepted by another blast before they managed even halfway, which bounces amongst their pegasi and two lead riders. Two of them suddenly stopped and then crashed down into the buildings before (in feather fall speed). One straight into the NE battlements onto the heads of several soldiers. The one remaining pegasi sped on, except its rider dropped his heavy lance, looking stunned and very sick at the same time.

Four more bolts lashed in from the skies ~90ft above. The first struck Ulrich and chained to the four fighting Derovarr (missed Dispatcher2) (Ulrich takes 134 dmg, 18acid dmg, and 95 fire dmg), the second and third striking all five people again (Ulrich: hit1: 51dmg, 7acid dmg; hit2: 60dmg, 10acid dmg). Dispatcher1 took a hit directly to the head, shattering it and leaving a fountain of blood. The crusader captain fell to the ground from his critical injuries, while the inquisitor-justiciar also fell dead after taking a vital hit that blasted apart his chest.
Meanwhile, the acid that struck them clung on and continued to burn at their bodies.
Out of the four, only Dispatcher2 manages to remain standing, for the third blast missed him again. However, he seemed stunned as he dropped his sword...

A fourth was sent straight into the three approaching Archeronian mages, each of whom were stunned by the blast and stopped suddenly, managing to stay in the air by their flight magic.

(Jens is about 2,600ft away)
(Updated battle stats page)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:57 pm

Years of intense fighting on the battlefield had nigh desensitzed Derovarr to the bloody and horrifc aspects of combat, but something about the nature of this warlock's attacks awakened a kind of shock he had not felt since his first battle. However beneficial this individual was being, Derovarr decided that his/her actions had completely erased any hopes of peacful resultion. Not to mention, that by attacking the Archeronians, they had also sparked an international incident.
In a moment of quick finess he swept his halberd aroud, as though to strike the remaining dispatcher in the head with the butt of his weapon. ((Attack roll confirmed, damage/dc= 61))
He then looked down at Kati "Give me a clear shot at those manacles!"
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:35 pm

*Actions while being hit*
"OW! FUCK!"
after the first hit, Fortunate Fate kicks in, countering the attack and healing 8 (total of +255HP)
after the second attack, Osmund releases the Healing charge, curing another 94HP. this leaves Ulrich alive at 48HP. Max HP is 137.

*Actions on turn*
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SOLDIERS DOING? STAND DOWN! THEY ARE NOT THE ENEMY! THIS IS JUST WHAT THE BASTARD IN THE AIR WANTS!"

standard action to cast Cure Serious Wounds by dropping a bonus daylight spell. brings me back to a full HP at 137.
Move action to stand beside Derrovar in a defensive stance over Kati. CE to the max.
"Osmund, show that bastard that we mean buisness. Dispell the bastard."

Osmund then launches an Area Greater Dispel Magic to where he believes the assaulter to be.

DM EDIT: The GDM failed to achieve any obvious results...

*Harmonizing takes up Hymn of spell death, as Hymn of Healing starts to fade. (5 more rounds of effectiveness)
Hymn of SpellDeath Concentration DC:

Concentration checks to maintain song:
96,100,96. rolled high, two 16s and a 20!
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:07 am

(I realize this is prolly out of order, but I'm still to far off to do much)

Jens flies another 1200 feet closer and casts True Seeing on himself.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:56 pm

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:22 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:11 am

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:31 am

(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Kati moves her hands back around front of her, the manacle chains hangng off the bands. Kara's blade snakes around her in a defensive manner casting Mass Cure Light Wounds on the fallen troops. ((28 HP to the troops being burned by the acid)). Using her command ring, she sends a message to Kovis, "Kovis, is that you in the teleportation keep in Trelling right now?"
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:44 pm

as more reinforcements began congregating on the teleportation area, capable mages (currently 3) began to search the air for the attacker, however from their response (or a lack thereof), the warlock was no longer in the area...

the acid stuck onto the those hit by the vitriolic eldritch blasts continued to dissolve their bodies (Ulrich takes 36acid).

there were no more bolts of eldritch magic coming down, the sky seemed as peaceful as ever.

Kati gets a reply: "At least you figured that, keep it secret though, we don't want to destroy Misalin-Archeron relations. I've helped much as I can without being discovered. Meet me in Kilar's place after you sort out this mess."
|

()

Return to “Game Summaries”