Game Meet #23

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:30 pm

"Well, aside from the command squad, which seems to be risked on every attack and would spell imminent doom for Trelling if lost on any raid, I believe we can risk the other forces involved. Mainly because we don't actually need that many mages for this."

"The rate for which troops can effectively teleport across a widened teleportation circle is merely about 8 every few second interval (1rnd), although we could expect multiple circles. However, even at 15~20 enemies teleporting per interval, we don't need wide area blasting from numerous mages. Maybe a few blasters plus support mages to back us up against the defenders of the drop-off point and those that have already made it to this side is all that's neccessary. But the troops that would perform best for this task would be the skirmishers, to be utilized in short to medium ranged combat."

"Of course we could simply teleport in the command squad and delay the rest of the support troops until after we have confirmation that their defending blasters have been eliminated. That'll minimize casualties on our end, but put greater danger upon the commanders."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:44 pm

"Very well, Garris, let us have this strike. But I will not ask anyone to committ anything until we have located and thoroughly scouted the area. I want to know exactly whats guarding those circles.

Another issue I'm like to inquire about is as to how many hard points we have that our troops can fall back to should they be pushed from the walls."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:39 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:09 am

"Thank you all, and may the Gods go with you." Derovarr spoke, as the meeting came to a close. He quickly proceeded to leave the room, moving at a pace far quicker than normal, which would be expected in such times. Eventually, after a series of hallways and stairs, he emerged from the buidling onto the street.

In the mere few minutes since he had given the order to put the city on full alert, all of Trelling had arisen. Soldiers were just now begining to march forth from barracks, officers were rushing about, and war horns blasted through air, filling the sky. Derovarr looked around, taking in what little sight he could from his grounded position.

It was moments like this that reminded Derovarr how small even he was on the grander scale of things. At this moment, over a thousand soildiers were donning their armor, and readying their arms, readying for what would be the last fight they would ever partake in.

Without even a thought, Derovarr's legs began to cary him away towards the temporary shrine that his Church had set up. It was time to do something that Derovarr rarely did. Pray. For aid.

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:12 am

Note: Karhedros went began meditating as soon as he returned from the second raid, and is presumably still at it. If he wakes up and successfully memorizes spells before anything happens, I may have other things to do.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:59 am

sorry Judson, resting does NOT automatically mean recovery of spells, as it has not been long enough since the last time you recovered spells (we need to go at least ~20hrs).
before you even THINK of mounting an argument, did you really think I haven't pondered the thought of using this idea? rest, attack, dump spells, rest, attack, dump spells, repeat process over and over. It's easy to launch one strike every 3~4hrs with that cycle there... and as Drew put it well when we talked.. "there be no trelling left."

if you want the logical part of it. Per day activities are 'PER DAY' rather than 'PER RESTING' for a reason. Not to mention things of this, such as spells, are abilities that are meant to be draining and requires a significant amount of time to recover. This time means MORE than just resting time, but also 'time' that passes by. Spells are replenished per day to also symbolize that's how much reserve magic you can absorb over 24hr duration, and the sleeping time is merely taking time aside to organize this 'reserve'.

so the answer is no, for once, like all casters must face at some point during their career, you must take to a battle where you're limited in spell-slot resources (which the enemy may be as well, depending on whether they rested from yesterday before or after the battle).

seriously Judson, I'd really suggest you try thinking in other perspectives every once a while... try thinking if you can just recover spells right away after a raid and cast normally again, what would you DM have done to you already with the NPCs? Your DM isn't stupid or bad at running combat you know :P
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:45 am

Yeah, Judson, we've tried that one before, remember? Dai basically asked us if we wanted the assault squad/etc to have the same capability and that ended that.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:35 pm

Derovarr's Side:
Troops assembling, officers milling about. They're nervous, obviously, for the hour of the decisive battle draws near. Victory or loss will likely determine the fate of the Archeron defense line's right wing. However, as Derovarr walks by on his way to the alter, several of the field officers accosted him and praised for the victory this morning. It would appear that word of the devastating blow dealt to the enemy forces in this morning's raid has spread far and wide amongst the troops. Although it seems they know nothing of friendly losses, of the loss of Andrei's air dragons. Well... for all they care, Andrei went on another one of his 'extended missions'.

One may think the casualty numbers of the enemy may have been exaggerated by the troops. For the first time in over a week, it seems they are confident they will win the battle. Nervous, yes, but at they same time determined to drive their foes back through sheer will and numbers.

The local shrine, for it's too small to be anything else, was set up by the Church of Misalin way decades back, if not longer. It is a sign of the far-reaching branches of the Misalin Church. The shrine however was expanded upon since the arrival of the Misalin Guard forces, and currently it was occupied with numerous soldiers, mostly devote Misalinians but some Archeronians coming in hope of finding whatever possible to help them live through this battle. The evangelists and priests of the Church were at the alters, directing prayer sermons and giving blessings to the troops one by one, while several healers were using this 'assembly point', like any other, to distribute some healing potions.

From a corner of his eye, Derovarr notices Rowen entering the shrine's main room from a side door. She notices him right away, her face looked surprised at first, then slightly worried as if deep in thought, then replaced by an almost forced casual look as she walks over. "It's sure a surprise to see you here... you've never been the type to ask for favors from gods, only determined to achieve goals through your own determination."

Jens:
The meeting was just disbanded, and one by one, people were leaving, heading off to separate ways and accomplishing what else need doing before the main battle.
"It's been over a week of waiting and it all comes down to this." Jens hears from the shrunken form of Caelotheir, the lightning filled ruby glowing with light as it speaks to him.

"It's not hard to tell after all. Defending forces maintains ground strength, attacking forces has air superiority, neither side have outright tactical advantage over the other. It's become a classic Penthiaen battle all over again, the deciding factor on the field relying upon the commanding squads and archmages. You must realize of course, that after the sheer display of spell power Karhedros pulled off, elf or not, he is in no shape to continue hurling around the most advanced of magics across the field of battle. For this fight, your dear officer's command squad is going to have to rely on you for fire coverage."

"The question is... how ready are you? There will be no easy withdraw this time, to withdraw is to forfeit the battle in the loss of thousands. How determined are you to defeat your counterpart on the opposing force? Because if you don't know, then you've already defeated yourself in your own mind."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:55 pm

|

()

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:38 am

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:08 am

Last edited by Zanaikin on Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:10 am

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:17 am

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:23 am

|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Summaries”