Game Meet #17

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:37 am

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:46 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:53 am

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:08 am

You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:19 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:30 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:30 pm

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Most of the officers look at each other, not sure where to start.

Major Amadei, the Archeronian war-wizard commander, then stands up. Well most of the static defenses we've gone over last night (he then makes a brief summary of it, read back on ). My wizards have mostly been working on reinforcing the city's existing defenses. They, like most of our other troops, are still a little lax since they don't think Trelling will become the enemy's point of attack. Other than that, they've been working on supplies ordered by each troop unit. The only thing I've made in preparation, is 50 symbols of insanity scribed on large catapult boulders. I haven't decided what to do with them, but at worst they'll be used for onager ammunitions, for which they are attuned to one of our north stronghold catapult crews." he then looks back at the rest of the room, noting that he was finished.

Major Elizabeth from the Misalin Crusaders was the next to speak. "My clerics have also been mostly working on supplies needed by our troops, mostly for the inscription of Glyphs of Warding onto grenades needed by our skirmisher and crusader groups. I believe we should be finished today with storing spells to all our existing Glyph Grenades, so they can be pulled off for something else if you have plans to, like how they were used to lay down glyph fields back in Winchester."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:00 am

((To save Dai time, I'm doing the update.)
The initial meet proceeded to cover the topics of what to do with the hill, how to defend the outer reaches of trellings territory, and touch lightly on how to protect to the moat, and what do to if the city was breached.

On the subject of the hill, the generall concesus was to mine the hill with glyphs, blast disks, blast spikes, and a few symbols of insanity. The possibility of entreching and fortifying the hill was brought up, but in the end, it was decided that it would not be worth the resources nor the lives necessary.

The next subject covered was the best means by which to coverd an enemy approach from the moat. Since it had been earlier decided that most of the mines would be placed to safeguard the hill, heavily mining the are would be out of the question. Instead the utilization of various walls spells would come into play here. Walls of Fire would be brought up as a deterrent for those heading for the river, and, if the primary defenses were being overwhelmed, then walls of force would be summoned to delay newer waves of foes. And, of course, there would be the usuall glyphs of solid fog, holy storm, web, and similar battlefied control spells. It was a this point in the discussion, that the the command group regretted not having any Druidic casters.

The conversation began to taper off around the discussion of the the defense of the moat. Wherein it would decided that the same basic tactics would be used with slight modification. The possiblity of conjuring dire (fresh water) sharks to guard the moat was also discussed, albeit briefly.

The final topic brought up was what to do if the city was breached. The current plan it hold up in the city center (where fortifications will be erected later), and in the two southern positions, and hope that reenforcements arrive soon.

"Any other questions?" Asked Derovarr.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:26 pm

((Obviously its going to take awhile before there are any reponses, so Derovarr does the following the after the meeting and any conduct related discussions held between himself and Kati thereafter:
:!: Calls for a meeting with the siege engineers to discuss the possibility of using spring-loaded, spear-shooting devices to be implemented in the defenses near the wall.
:!: Asks to meet with the captain of the Cavaliers to begin the planning of possibile feints to draw some of the troops from the main body into a trap.
:!: Arranges for him to meet and teach coordination tactics to the younger and less experienced officers, personally.
:!: Spends the rest of the evening drawing up the design for a device that would help to negate the use of siege ladders against the defenses.))

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:23 am

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:26 am

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:54 am

Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:27 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:38 pm

Active Characters:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Summaries”