Game Meet #17

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:00 pm

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:08 am

Ok the creationists notice that it was a antimagic field and after much passing around... they manage to figure out its trigger and hands it back to you.

[its command word triggered in draconic]

"that could come in handy" they said.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:50 pm

(after Derovarr and Kati takes care of their morning business)
(interrupt at any portion to fire off your own comments/questions, just quote the part)

At noon, when the two of you go to the command post and meet Lenneth, she tells you she has something to discuss before leading you to her office and locking the door. She tells you that the Misalin's military aid to Archeron, as well as the Archeronian troops that came over, are being sent to Port Carnia today via teleportation circle. She also tells you to get your core squad members ready and teleport after the troops at dusk. From now, it is official that Kati is the commander of the Misalin forces being sent to Archeron. It will now be the responsibility of her and her subcommanders to uphold Misalin's honor from the Four Nations Alliance Treaty and aid Archeron to their best, as directed by both Misalin's agreement and by Lord Strusler's doctrines from after the first Alliance War a hundred years ago.

The forces she's sending over include one banner of Fist of Misalin heavy cavalry (including 5 pegasi aerial cavaliers), two companies of Elite Guard skirmishers, two companies of Guard Crusaders who were veteran and professional military officers withdrawn from the Guard regiments, one company of Elite Guard warmages (including 1 tactical spells squad), 50 field clerics, and 25 church priests plus 25 creationists she managed to 'lend' from the Church and the Guild. She tells you that other than the church priests and creationists, the rest of the military units and lead by commanders whose loyalty laid with Misalin and the Guard, not to any other organizations within the theocracy.

Lenneth then takes out a small box of brand new ranking insignias from within her table. She explains that in order to assist her campaign to Archeron, she is promoting her core unit subcommanders. She hopes the higher ranks will provide Kati's group with better overall command of the expedition force. Lenneth also comments that the Theocrats are not going to be happy about some of the promotions, but she wants them done while she still commands the military. She takes out one of the insignias and gives them to Derovarr, announcing that she's promoting him to Colonel and second in command of the Misalin forces to Archeron. She also tells Derovarr in a half jokingly manner to keep Kati out of trouble.

For the rest of the promotions, she's trust Kati to handle, and hopefully it'll help tie the bonds of loyalty within her core unit better.
--Samael to Major (although Lenneth notes to be careful with him. As capable as Samael has proven himself, Lenneth just can't shake off the feeling that's he's not fully trustworthy).
--Jens & Graamos to Captains.

Lenneth then continues in a slightly darker tone. She says that she's not sure if she should be telling you this, but both of you have shown in the past to be more loyal to the Guard and the Paladin Order than to the Theocrats running it.

She tells you that as you may have heard, High Priest Anstrun and Sirimel is returning to the Capital for the 'selection' of a new Archpriest to lead the Theocracy. However, both Anstrun and Sirimel is from the same faction within the church, and with Anstrun being the factional leader there is no doubt he will be chosen as the next Archpriest. With the rest of the country still deserted, there's no reason for Anstrun to push for the selection of new High Priests for a full council before the executive selection.

Lenneth has always heard from Strusler and Deoneir that High Priest Anstrun and Sirimel are from one of the original three political factions within the church who were often called the Proclaimers. Their faction believes in the ideal of centralized power within the Theocracy and a stricter structure for better control of the nation (and hopefully, the rest of Penthiae). They're also opposed to how Deoneir has ran the theocracy over the last hundred years, particularly in foreign diplomatics and Deoneir's adaptations to Strusler's doctrines. The Proclaimer faction believes that the results of the First Alliance War was proof that it was the will of the divine for the Church of Misalin to take control in Penthiae. The Proclaimers believe that the Church should have seized the opportunity back then to take control of the southern nations, then give a decade to recover military strength before marching north to eradicating Norinth. In that manner, they would have been able put an end to both the endless squabbling and warring between Archeron and Airindale which drains at the southern nations, and prevent a disaster such as the opening of the First Great Alliance War from ever happening again. They believe that this second war happened because Misalin was too focused on 'aiding other countries in rebuilding' and thus, allowed Norinth to recover and bring forth such an event again. The devastation done to Misalin during this war was divine punishment for failing to perform up to task after the first war.

With the end of the currently present threats to Misalin, Lenneth doubts she will maintain control much longer. The paladin order has no power unless the Church declares a state of war, and with the war's end in Misalin it is most likely that Anstrun will withdraw all wartime powers granted to the Paladins. It is also highly likely, that Anstrun will replace most of the existing high ranking personnel with candidates he finds more trustworthy and loyal. Rather than keep the remnants of a command structure left behind by those who followed Deoneir and Strusler. Because of this, Lenneth warns Kati to beware of any orders or messengers from Misalin. There is a possible chance at any time that a new High Commander of the Misalin Guard will relieve Kati of her command. Although Lenneth doesn't believe Anstrun will try to make a move on Archeron. Unlike in the last war, Misalin did not emerge from this one in the best of states, where Archeron still has military strength matching Misalin's own and Naralan besting both of then by far. However it is highly possible that Anstrun will try to make use of the Sacred Kingdom for his plans, although she's not sure how. Apparently, Anstrun has took the communication device given and made it clear to Lenneth that the High Priests are in charge of Foreign diplomacy on this matter, not the Guard commanders.

If it were up to him, Lenneth doubts Anstrun would even approve of sending aid to Archeron. However since this has been a pre-approved procedure of Deoneir's administration, Lenneth still has the capability to send off the forces now before Anstrun can stop it. But she is sure that Anstrun will bring an end to such plans once he consolidates his power within the Church.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:41 pm

woah, political intrigue. Dai, this is some really well done stuff. I'm very impressed with how well you are doing the politics in this game. My char doesn't have anything to add at this point, but keep up the good work!
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:10 pm

ok guys, get what you need done in Misalin and let's get moving. I can't fully hand out all the information for Archeronian planning until we get there.
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:13 pm

While we still have access to Misalen's crafting resources I would like to order as many as is reasonable recall insignias.

A large supply of these that we can key to Trelling will be very helpful, especially if we can get another item that will allow Kati or another commander to control the insignias.

Also, I would like to talk to the creationists' guild about the scanners that i mentioned in the military tactics thread.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:03 am

|

()

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:20 am

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:07 am

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:35 pm

|

()

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:05 am

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:17 am

Last edited by Zanaikin on Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
|

()

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:41 am

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:53 am

2. You find Lenneth at her office doing some paperwork. Lenneth is quite shocked, to say the least. She kinda stares blankly at you for a few seconds before coming back to herself, when she kind of ponders in thought for a bit before telling you that at the very least, you don't want to publicize it too much. In addition from getting you unwanted attention, it may draw enemies in ways you least expect.

3. Well you have a light chat with your item familiar. It tells you about some of its abilities and so so... you get the distinct feeling your item familiar is quite... lazy, and not very interested in taking the initiative to do something. However, it does express that it would be glad to assist you when asked.

//Kati thinks she saw a shadow following her when she heads to the city gates, but when she tries to take a better look it vanishes again.

4. As soon as you take out the crystal, it fills your entire area with freezing fog again, and (presumably) you pop it back in the bag.
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:13 am

Kati summons Graamos to her office. Reveals wings to him and requests that he modify her armor so that she can actually wear it now.

Return to “Game Summaries”