Game Meet 14

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:33 pm

Samael launches a vitriolic fiery burst eldritch blast at one of the trolls near the gate.

Attack Roll: 1d20+18=22 touch attack (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=967250)

9d6+5 acid damage to the target: 46 acid damage, 2d6 more for the next two turns. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=967262)

5d6 fire damage to all withing a 5 foot radius, Reflex DC 29 for 1/2 damage. 17 damage. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=967268)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:51 pm

(The trolls near the gate are dead, I'll pretend you hit one of the ogres behind them currently throwing rocks at the gate :p)

Samael's acidic blast channels a burst of fire that exploded in the middle of the ogre group. The acid maims one of the ogres severely, but the rest of them continues pelting rocks at the gate. After several more hits and bursts of sonic energy, a loud crash can be heard below the gatehouse. The gate has been blown apart. In the same instance, several dozen bursts of flame spread out across the grounds in front of the east gate as the firebrand glyphs affixed to the gate has been triggered. Three dozen ogres and trolls near the gate were caught in the blasts and were covered with liquid fire, which slowly scorched away their hides. Their comrades behind them appeared hesitant to launch the attack towards the gate, not wanting to walk across the burning ground. Instead their took their javelins and rocks and hurled another volley to bombard the walls. Derovarr, Talence, and Kati each other smashed by a rock in the bombardment.

(Derovarr takes 23dmg, Talence takes 24dmg, Kati takes 20dmg)

In the south, one could see the steel spears and armor of several columns of Misalinian infantry on the walls and in the streets behind them, heading up towards the east gate. There were still at least 500ft away. In front of the heavy infantry hustled several dozen longbowmen of the MGE.

The object in the sky continued to drift towards the city center, where it slowed to a near stop, floated for a minute, and dropped down past the builds and out of sight.

(New round starts, everyone... go :P)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:09 pm

Hmmm...There's liquid fire outside the gate... I'm on top of the gate... No ranged attacks...i'm not seeing many options here, so I run(read move) up to the battlements, and duck behind trying to hide out of the enemies sight.

"let me know when they're at the gates." at a moderate tone (not shouting)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:21 pm

Derovarr recoiled as the rock smashed into his tower shield, causing it to whip back at his head. Though not a horrible wound the combination of dizzyness and blood running into eyes was enough to meake his quite disoriented.

As not to give away his position to any enemy that would here him yelling, he contacted Kati via the telecomm.

"When the troops get here, tell them to head for the gates. I'll be there, waiting for the flames to clear." and with that, he switched out his halberd (free), returned his sheild to buckler form (free), and ran down to where the gates once stood (run action); making sure to say off to the side so that none of the enemies could see him.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:39 am

Ranmor runs after Derovarr (probably a move action :P) and cleans some of the guts off his duom so it's easier to hold.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:58 am

Kati shuddered as the rock hits her armor, some of the damage being absorbed by it, but a fair amount of its momentum being transferred into the armor causing some bad bruising beneath it. "Goddamned rocks," she grunts under her breath. Hearing Derovarr's transmission over the comm, she replied "Will do, I'll meet you down there...I just have one thing to do first."

Kati selects a group of ogres and trolls undamaged by the firebrands. She points at them and shouts "CHEDDITE!" ((yeah, thats Latin for 'explode')) and the ground there explodes in a shower of rock, dirt, and fire.

((Standard Action: Burning prepared teleport spell for Earth Reaver. . No save. REF Save DC20 to avoid being knocked prone.))

Glancing at the results of her spell for only a moment, she hurries down the stairs after Derovarr. ((move action))

((FYI: current spells prepared
1 (8): Blade of Blood, Comprehend Languages, Comprehend Languages, Divine Sacrifice, Ease of Breath, Ease of Breath, Ease of Breath, Rhino's Rush
2 (7): Hand of Divinity, Righteous Fury, Sound Burst
3 (7): Briar Web, Dispel Magic, Heal Mount, Insignia of Warding, Lesser Telepathic Bond, Mass Entropic Shield, Insignia of Warding
4 (7): Legion's Aid, Sound Lance, Righteous Fury
5 (8): Flame Strike, Revify, Valiant Fury, Valiant Fury
6 (6): Energy Immunity, Energy Immunity
7 (4): Regenerate, Fortunate Fate, (Gained last level, nothing prepared)))
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:52 am

Derovarr and Ranmor turns towards the stairs behind the gatehouse and begins running down it towards the gate below.

Himlor takes shelter behind the fortified battlements just above the east gate, and a moment later Dolch heads up to join him at a spot 10ft away while draining down another potion (3d8+5 = 19).

Meanwhile Kati's spell targets about 8 ogres and trolls piled just beyond the firebrand area who were waiting for the lingering flames to die down. The ground explodes below them as half of them gets knocked to the ground.

(Scott & Judson make your moves, and Dave do Talence's actions with your own please since you have his remaining spell-list - which I don't)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:26 pm

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:57 pm

Talence uses Healing Hands on Derovarr, if he's in range. If not, he heals Dolch.

Heals HP.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:00 am

(Scott: define "zipping back to safety")

(Talence can't get in reach of either, so he moves up 40ft, takes cover behind the battlements, and heals himself)
|

()

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:09 am

("Where he was before")
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:20 am

I readjust my height so that i am at the maximum edge of my range. (hopefully 250 feet is farther than an ogre can throw a rock straight up)

I then cast Mirror Image. 1d4+5 images. 8 images. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=970153)

EDIT: forgot ogre I hit last round takes 2d6 more acid damage this round.

8 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=973921)
Last edited by TheDude51 on Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:26 am

(for any who forgot, I'm still keeping track of hps/positions/stats on the post at the beginning of this thread: http://forums.druidsofthecoast.com/view ... =5419#5419)

will post end-of-round events & actions once I'm more awake (just finished doing hw)
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:18 pm

As the ogres and trolls outside the gates waited for the flames to die down, two huge fireballs shot from the North and Southeast city converged outside the gates. In an overwhelming burst of fire, the entire area outside the east gate up to several hundred feet out were engulfed in flames. Entire companies of enemies were caught within the blast, and although they were able to withstand the heat, their hides suffered severe burns from its effects. The squad who were hurling their rocks at the gates took the time to toss a few up at the battlements on the gatehouse. The rocks smashed against the fortifications sheltering Himlor, Dolch, & Talence. However, a burst of sonic energy followed each hit, cracking the walls and damaging those on the walls (Dolch & Talence each takes 19 points of sonic damage)

(Squall, fortitude saves. You take 38 sonic damage, or 19 with a successful save [DC 20])

The fire outside the gates are also starting to subside quickly.

At the same time, Derovar and Kati could hear over the telecomm that something (probably the thing that just flew overhead) had landed in the City Center where High Priest Anstrun and the MG command center are situated. While many field officers questioned what it is, Anstrun made one response: "it's opening... and some mechanism is coming out... a construct of sorts?".

In the south, as the reinforcement units are rushing north along the walls, squads of infantry break off formation and lines up along the walls, taking shots against the enemies outside with their heavy crossbows.

(Everyone, back to your turns ~!)
Last edited by Zanaikin on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:41 pm

((Turns out dai didnt catch the part about me being on the stairs))

Kati, who had just run down the stairs moments before the sonic waves struck, doubled her rate of progress down the stairs as she inquired for more information about what was going in City Center.

((Double move action down the stairs))

Via Telecom: "Construct? What does it look like? Does it appear to be hostile?"
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Game Summaries”