Game Meet 14

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:11 am

Last edited by littleangryman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:58 am

(That was a joke, Scott.)

Ranmor slams his duom into the heavily injured ogre near him, drawing some strength from the kill. (Rallying Strike).

Attack Roll:

Damage:

Healing (30' radius):

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:14 am

(Making life simple, too many ogres to describe dying, at this point I think all we care is that they dropped and not how much blood was shed in the process :P)

(Jens' flamestrike takes down 1 ogre (the E one drew hit) and scorches another, them being too spread out to have all three get hit)
(Ranmor pierces the NE ogre and he goes down as well. At this point Ranmor's clothes are quite soaked with blood... sticky... and he may never get that smell out).

(3 left to go!)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:25 am

noxious eldritch blast, 19 attack roll, 42 damage if it hits, on one of the ogres still up, chosen at random. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1001378
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:02 am

Turning to see the the ogres near Ranmor, Kati charges at them. As she runs she casts another spell, draining some of her energy to empower the sword to deal more damage. Blood (more than is already there) erupts from the blade and drips as she runs towards the ogres. She slashes viciously at the only ogre left standing when she gets there.

/*charging ogre north of dave. casting blade of blood, sacrificing 5hp. attack roll: . Confirmation Roll: . Damage: */
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:01 am

(Judson: 'random' anything can have bad effects when presented to DM, you have been warned :P)

Samael blasts one of the remaining ogres in the south that's engaged with the infantry. The already damaged ogre dies as the acid burns through his flesh and destroys his innards.

Kati charges past Ranmor's west side and brings her sword down upon the ogre, cleaving thru its body.

(1 ogre remaining : you guys failed to clean up properly :P)

(so the infantry does it for you!) Screaming off a battle cries of victory, the entire front two rows of heavy infantry shoved their spear into the lone remaining ogre, while his upper body was struck by bolts from several dozen crossbows. He collapses onto the floor within a sec, blood flowing across the stone ground.

The longbows stopped shooting as the enemies fled beyond effective range. All around the troops raised their weapons and shields and yelled victoriously. The day had been won by the Misalinians.

In the north, troops were still clearing out remaining pockets of enemy resistance, often being several exhausted orcs holding onto a building or barricade, fighting for their last blood. The walls had been fully retaken and secured, and there was no change of escape for those trapped within the city. Within another ten minutes or so, Lenneth spoke over the telecomm at Cary's signal that the battle was over and the last remnants of the enemy within the city exterminated. Lenneth also gave an executive order for any unit who gave chase to the enemy to withdraw. The MG has tired itself out for one day and wish to incur no more losses.

In the east, the fire from the energy beam and the Misalin catapult holy-oil shots finally died down. A deep scar, over a hundred feet in width, several miles long, and unknown depth (can't see from this angle) was carved into the land. Beyond it laid numerous supplies of the enemies and dozens of goblin siege engines, deserted as the enemy hastily made their retreat.

High Commander Lenneth Tiriel announced over the telecomm for all command-chain officers (if you were attached to the high-lvl telecomm line, which Derovar & kati are, then you're part of that) to report for a debriefing at the command center at dusk (still several hours away). Until then, everyone had their own troops to see to.

(ok, Drew & Marty, figure out what you're doing for next few hours before the debriefing. Everyone else: plan for 3 days of free-time. The scenario right now is a city that was partially-broken by siege and took extremely heavy casualties so make sure your actions are appropriate - dead bodies in the thousands in northeast portion of city, literally piled up in the streets)

XP Each: 5,450 XP

Bonus XP:
Derovarr (1,000XP) – For taking charge of the situation and saving the life of fellow officers.
Samael (750XP) – Good spell combinations that quickly dispatched opposing threats.
Buumstic & Ranmor (500XP each) – Key to success against the orc frostmaster & ogre champion.

((as most of you know, I do NOT really give RP-xp. Marty has went through several hours of RPing with me and got barely any xp. However I do give xp for accomplishing stuff through good RPing, ESPECIALLY for advancing side-quests that players have to dig out on their own. I also decided I'm going to start giving xp for particularly well executed actions / battle-plans, so work on that))

Completion XP – Battle of Winchester: 5,000XP

XP Totals:
Kati (118,543xp), Buumstic (105,880xp), Derovarr (102,450xp), Samael (102,200xp), Ranmor (101,950xp), Himlor (101,450xp)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:14 am

Derovarr was almost pushed back from the sheer force of the mages spell, but he was a sturdy lad, and was more then able to keep his ground. As the flames cleared, and the ogre fell, he began to hear cries of victory echoing not only along the wall, but also throughout the city. The telecomm at this point was overrun by reports that the enemy had fallen back, and that the guard had retaken the walls. Derovarr was more than happy to add in his bit to vicotry chatter.

"This is Major Derovarr. Eastern sector clear. No further resistance. Medics needed." He said, as he looked out past the wall, and into the charred fields where the dead lie. Shortly after taking in the view of the glorious battle, he leaned his halberd against a nearby wall,removed his helm, wiped the sweat and blood from his brow, and gave a long-winded sigh of relief.

Just his body began to relax, orders from Commander Tiriel came over the link, and his body recomposed itself. He quickly re-donned his helm and grabbed his weapon.

"Alright men, continue moving down wall and fortifying it as needed. Set-up a standard defense formation. I also want to know the status of each unit, our total troop count, and how many wounded and dead we have. The battle may be ours, but the city still recoils from attack. Forget not, however, that this day is ours!"

After attempting to reorganize the troops, Derovarr then turned to Kati. "Situation stable. Defenses are intact. Your orders?"
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:00 pm

"Alright! Yeah!" Jens does a little lap in the air, then lands near the officers. "Ah, that was fun. But it's nice to be back on the ground every once in a while."

He saunters over to the officers and waits until Kati's conversation with Derovarr wraps up. After that, "So, Colonel, I figured out what that voice was." He shows her the staff. "This little guy turns out to be intelligent. Claims frost boy got ahold of it via spoils of war. Interesting, I think. Anyway, where am I needed?"

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:05 pm

/* shall post something more detailed later in response to what drew said. for now...*/

Kati surveyed the scene of the battle, wondering about the status of the infiltration squad she sent out. Over the telecom she asks, "Infiltration Squad, this is Colonel Gant. What is your status?"

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:40 pm

Infiltration squad: "We picked off a few squads of hobgoblins, couples of orc mages, and a bunch of ogres that fell back from the gate. No casualties incurred, currently withdrawing towards the east gate."
|

()

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:29 pm

"about time that they were finished off. Time for a long bath, then I'm going back to my people. Ah how I long for the woods and technologies of my homeland.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:45 pm

Telecom: "Good work men, I'll meet you there."

/*Dai never said anything about standard Misalin military uniforms, I have taken some liberties here. */

After shrinking down her sword and resheathing it, reaches up and removes her helmet, her long blonde hair flowing out from underneath it. "Ahhh, fresh air!" she says as she the skullcap she had on beneath the helmet changes into the standard issue beret of the Misalin Guard Elite. Suddenly smelling the decaying troll corpses, she exclaims, "Ugh! Okay, not so fresh."

Putting the helmet into her bag (AKA Hewards Handy Haversack) she turns to Derovarr. "Your orders? Have the men fortify this position incase any enemies decide to attack. I'll have troops come to relieve them later. I was on my way down to meet up with the returning infiltration squad for a more detailed report from them. I'd like you there." She starts to head down the stairs, but stops and turns back to him. "Oh, and you don't have to keep your helmet on." Laughing slightly to herself, she continues down the stairs.

/*Man, if she had that Ring of Arming already I would have had her go right back into standard Misalin military uniform via use of Shiftweave. Oh well.*/

/*Pondering promoting Derovarr to 2nd in Command in game.*/

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:00 pm

"Yes, Colonel." Derovarr responded with a salute, and resumed barking orders. He proceeded to issue the normal post-battle protocol: reform lines, barricade the gate area, switch wounded archers on the walls with fresh archers defending the gates, etc... After he felt that things were heading in the right direction, he placed the next lowest-highest ranking officer in charge, and proceeded to follow Kati down the stairs.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:42 pm

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:32 am

Ranmor remains with the troops guarding the gate, wondering what is to happen as he begins to clean some of the blood off himself and his weapon.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Game Summaries”