Game Meet 12

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:29 am

Another thing I forgot and just added: "Also, the outside perimeter of the city walls has been warded with an alarm spell."
Seriously, that's like one of the more important spells.

In case you're wondering how they can cover very large areas with defensive effects within two weeks.... war magic :)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:57 pm

With her report complete, Lady Spekes retracted her communications rod and sat back down on the table. The attention of the table once again returned to Lady Tiriel.

“The enemy we face is the combined forces of twenty-eight major clans of orcs, goblins, ogres, and trolls. To the best of our knowledge, the enemy forces are led by Romish Deadeye of the Deadeye Green Draconic Orc clan. However, due to the losses incurred by the Deadeye clan at Blackbog Keep, it is highly possible that another clan will take the leadership of this horde.”

“Our estimates surmise that the size of the enemy horde to be about four thousand orcs, seven thousand goblins, five thousand hobgoblins, four hundred ogres, and two hundred trolls. Their total force outnumbers us three to two. While the enemy horde is comprised of loosely organized bands of barbarians, most of their troops are better trained than our equivalents and are veterans of the war against Airindale. Also, there are at least two hundred orcish draconic sorcerers, seven hundred orcish berserkers, eight hundred goblin worg cavalry, and over one hundred pieces of goblin siege machinery within their numbers.”

“In the next few days prior to the arrival of the enemy into our defensive perimeter, I urge all commanding officers to replenish and reorganize their forces for the oncoming battle. In the meantime, the 23rd warmage company will reinforce the Lyderim Keep teleportation point, while the 51st regiment will relocate camp outside the Winchester teleportation point and fortify our rear flank. Furthermore, all units should increase their watch patrols of the city and immediate areas, as well as scout coverage of all eastern regions.”

“Lord Kovis, you shall reorganize the remaining forces from the Battle of Blackbog Keep into three new companies and have them fully readied within four days. The Misalin Guard Elite troops of Blackbog shall be assigned directly under your command to provide skirmisher support for the Fist of Misalin cavalry.”

“As you command,” replied Colonel Kovis as he gave a slight nod.

“Lady Gant, you shall form five special operation squads within the next four days. The purpose of these squads is to carry out prioritized tasks in the upcoming battle, particularly the elimination of specific targets and reinforcement of key defense points. One of these five units will also be remaining under your direct command at all times.”

“Understood,” responded Kati.

“All other officers, I have no specifications other than to continue fortifying your positions and speed up all preparations for the oncoming battle. Any questions?” said Lady Tiriel before pausing for a moment to surveying around the room.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:09 am

Ok Marty, this is your job and here's how it works:
you WILL be making the 5 special-ops squads.

-The squad you'll be leading yourself with have Dave's and Eric's character in there obviously. No choice for you on that :) (yes Dai is forced to railroad someone.. :o)

-Any other characters you want on your team will be determined by your leadership score / maximum cohort level. Of course you'll have to specify what kind of character you want and... I'll be making the exact statistics. This is your first chance to get a cohort, if you want to that is.
Your leadership score is currently 24 (13lvl, 3cha, 7rank, +1special powers [favored soul]). You can get multiple cohorts for my game, and for this, obviously, but you'll be taking a penalty to your leadership score each time after first.
*P.S, getting cohorts above level 12 will mean extra work on your part, since those above lvl12 line are usually pretty decently ranked and aren't easy to pull off their assigned positions. Basically for the purpose of this, I suggest you stay on or below the ECL12 line.

-The other four squads you'll be designing on a general basis only. I want to know what type of character you want (base class, combat style specialization, etc etc), what level (range is anywhere from 6 to 12), who's the leader of each group, what kind of qualities are you looking for in the leader. After specifying this I'll be telling you if you can find a person like this, keeping in mind that higher level and uncommon classes (in Misalin) will have a lower chance of being found. You might be needing a few skill checks here and there for this part.

-When battle comes, you'll be assigned specific tasks to accomplish, with the most common being destroy this or hold that position for so long. For each task you can either go there yourself, with your squad, or send one of the other four squads, or even combine squads and dispatch. Depending on your choice, you might succeed on the task or fail (typically it'll be because the squad you sent got obliterated). Of course failing a task won't cause the entire screen to flash "MISSION FAILURE", but it will have major effects on the battle as a whole. Of course, I'll be the one deciding how a squad does when assigned to a task (unless its the one your guys are actually playing, in which you'll be going thru the action round by round).
*don't even think of separating the party for this, I dont want migraines :P

-Because of how this works, I would suggest you design squads that'll be able to specialize in certain types of tasks. Meaning: not have four exactly-the-same squads with round-about abilities. I don't think I have to explain this much more, it's all about picking the right people for the right job after all.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:04 am

|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Summaries”