Blackbog Keep

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:13 pm

"Ah, the classic trade-off between tactical advantage and strategic advantage. On one hand, allowing them to build that gate gives them a serious strategic advantage, as it allows them the ability to quickly move troops and resources along several fronts almost simultaneously. On the other, the planar fortification grants them a tactical advantage against the Sacred Kingdom, and, therein us.

Both will have to be taken down in the end, but, in this case, I do believe that, I shall defer to Teodor's choice. Though we may not be able to rout them from the city quite yet, we should begin sabotaging their efforts at every corner that we can.

Right now the imperials are, most likely, in a state of self-generated, nigh invincibility. Not only are they fairing well in the open theatre of war, but they are also repelling any attempts at surgical strikes or sabotage. Even our allies in Naralan with the "mighty" backing of the Sacred Kingdom are fairing ill against them. So, in a sense, their pride is deserved.

So, we must begin to play off this pride, and turn it into paranoia. Though this alliance is battered and needs recovery, we do have three fronts from which to strike from, lets use them.

What may be good idea is to start raiding smaller outposts. The idea being that if we do so, they may begin to think we're probing their lines for a weak spot, and might start diverting troops from other positions deeper within their lines to those. Then when we think that we've opened a large enough window, we launch a single great surgical strike on their interior. This should have the dual purpose of not only throwing them into confusion, but it might cause enough internal recoil to allow armies on different fronts to regain ground.

Though, I wouldn't suggest such actually attempting such a feat before we have had time to re-gather our strengths. It is simply an idea."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:15 pm

Dmitri arrays all the Kharvan troops on the field to the west of Trelling and announces that they are finally returning to Kharva. Having the men array in a long, double line, Dmitri casts a Teleportation Circle, and has the men move through two by two into the circle, teleporting to Starik.

Dmitri then officially hands over command of the Trelling garrison to Commander Greenhill before teleporting to Starik himself, where he checks in with local authorities, makes any miscellaneous arrangements needed for his troops, and officially transfers command of them.

Dmitri then proceeds to teleport himself to the Blackbog Keep teleportation area. He introduces himself to the guards present, and requests that news of his presence be sent to Lady Gant.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:36 am

Cary: Currently I believe both targets are worth investigating, and any possible target should be selected based on unraveled details. Both targets would pose a significant threat to us should they be completed. The advantages of the Planetary Defense Base is obvious, those of the Gating Device are not since we don't really know what's on the other side and what are the alternative means of transportation.

Kovis: I don't really think we're ready for an attack in enemy held territory yet. We're direly lacking in experience and knowledge. It would be more suitable for us to take missions against the imperials in more... friendly territory. We'd build up some experience on what to expect first.

On another note, beginning a new training regime would be a good idea in the current available time. Cary asks Derovarr come up with a proposal on how to approach this in order to improve the Guard's combat potential.

Also, the units brought back from Trelling needs reforming. The same goes to the Blackbog forces, some of them pieced together from unit fragments that turned over during the insurgency but has yet to have their structure rebuilt in detail. Cary and Kovis have been working with the captains compiling all the resources and information, and they believe they are ready to get started. Expect this to take up a significant period of time and effort.

----
later in the day, High-Captain Grigoriy Konev, commander of the Kharvan Citadel Elites, sends over their first request via message to Teodor, to be forwarded to the Silver Knights.

During the Trelling Campaign, the Archeronian Air Dragon Knights discovered an Imperial construction in the mountains about 12 miles west of Klykov Keep. This position was seen only once before it 'vanished' on the next scouting run, presumably due to some sort of invisibility field raised in the area. It is also the one suspected Imperial stronghold documented by the Citadel that is located deepest within Archeronian territory. Governor-General Konstantin has yet to give any orders allowing Archeronian forces to attack Imperial positions. However, High-Captain Konev would like to ask if the Misalinians are willing to launch a probing attack, with the goal of gathering information on the capabilities and defenses of these outposts.

Also, he notes that the Kharvans and Naralans have signed a treaty that ensures even closer cooperation against the Imperials, including full disclosure of all related information and joint coordination of strike forces. Konstantin wishes to query possible interest from the Silver Knights regarding such a treaty, however as neither governments can give official public recognition to the Misalinians of Blackbog Keep (which would provoke hostilities with the Church of Misalin), such a treaty could only offered in secrecy rather than formally as tradition and manners dictate.

(note: yes Treaty-Signing on Penthiae does involve the use of high level magic which is responsible for binding the contract).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:10 am

Teodor saunters in to the conference room. "Hey, guys, message from Kharva. You know that Imperium keep your scouts picked up during the Trelling campaign that made like a dead body in Norinth and suddenly wasn't where you'd left it? Lord Gant wants us to probe it."
Last edited by Laharl on Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:39 am

"Probe an invisible castle eh? Sounds like I should go brush up on my dispelling abilities. I'll go meditate after this meeting is completed. Kati, Derrovar, when do you think we'll be ready to move out? I'm still waiting for my belt to be completed."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:07 am

"I'm more than willing to attempt this probe of defenses. Though, I would prefer we not leave immediately, as I currently am involved in not only the retraining but also the reformation of unit structure. Both will take me considerable time organize. Thus, perhaps we could push this off for at least a day or two?"

((EDIT For the sake of moving things along))
Derovarr received the message that Revmiren has arrived via an aid, "Send him in." he replied.

After the briefing, Derovarr will be calling on a meeting with Bregallion, Lady Gant, and a few other commanders to begin planning the new training program. Which will then be followed by a meeting to begin laying plans for unit reassignment.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:16 am

since the unit reassignment is mostly logistical paperwork stuff (going through a lot of NONCOM information and such) we'll just assume that done off stage. Cary and Kovis will prefer if Derovarr and Kati spent the time helping them (it'll take a good portion of a day).

Regarding the idea of 'probing an invisible castle', they believe it'll be a good idea to take this kind of mission first, which would give everyone further experience on all future engagements against the Imperials.

(note: Derovarr's retraining will take 2~3 more days. Kati's rebuild will take far longer [~2 weeks, without even getting to the Arithmancer stuff])

(Judson and Marty should post =P, now that Dmitri is here I suggest someone who knows about his Teleportation Circles to talk about it.)

For the retraining, Kovis suggests that Teodor give the troops some introduction overviews into the armament and basic tactics of the Imperium, so at least they'll have a general idea what to expect in combat. Counter tactics would also be appreciated, although that might be a little early.

(I await the retraining proposal from Derovarr)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:40 pm

(I'm assuming that Kati has informed me of the situation with Lenneth)

Before we begin dealing with the Imperium, I think it would be wise for you to consolidate your own forces as much as possible.

Although I'm running low on material components, I have the capability to teleport out all of Lenneth's forces quickly and efficiently with teleportation circles. I recomend that we move on this as soon as possible, before anything else.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:37 am

(hey, it hasnt been 24 hours since the threat...)

(TIMEWARP!!!!! <funky graphical effects)

Kati informs Dmitri about the situation with Lenneth.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:07 am

Kovis: If I remember, a teleportation circle takes a rather significant time to cast. It would be most beneficial to us that Lenneth's other officers stay unaware of everything until most of our friendly forces pass through to avoid any unpleasantness. Not to mention that Anstrun most likely has her under surveillance from the shadows. Lenneth can probably bring up something to distract the attention of her officers, but attemptingthe same for Anstrun's operatives in the city would be far more problematic. I think we need to come up with a good plan on how to do this.
|

()

TheDude51

Re: Blackbog Keep (April 21st +)

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Do you have any skilled infiltrators available? Someone with the proper skill set and a few judicious spells could impersonate Lenneth, drawing the Archpriest's men to follow a decoy rather than the real thing. The fake Lenneth attempting to sneak to a somewhat removed location and meeting with a couple known associates of ours would be sure to draw at least some of the surveillance, and hopefully would not leave anyone watching the "leaderless" troops.

Meanwhile, the actual troops would be assembled, concealed with a Veil or another illusion to appear to be simply performing drills. If there are no dedicated observers left behind, or if they are somewhat unskilled, this could throw them off. I would then cast a Teleportation Circle under the screening illusions to transfer the men through.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:06 pm

Teodor smirks a little at this. "You might say I'm experienced at infiltration...I usually prefer not to be seen rather than going in under a disguise, but I can probably fool the average peon, as long as True Seeing isn't involved. I'm not sure I can cast all the relevant spells myself, though."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:38 am

(this part is up to you guys to organize!)

APRIL 25th...
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:02 pm

"Ahem. After several days of collaboration and discussion, those of us who came together to form a new training regime have finally determined the nature of the new program. When put into place, it will allow each and every one of the soldiers participating to not only achieve levels of physical fitness that the standard military program wouldn't dream of, but it will also feature a new tactical education system that will seek to prepare every participant for any situation, whether it be responding to a jungle ambush or facing the enemy in the open field.

As stated previously, though it is by mandate that all heavy foot participate in the training, we gladly will welcome members of other troop types into the program. Skirmishers, for example, will be highly welcome, as well as Longbows. Spellcasters of any ilk are also welcome to join, however, we will not be tailoring the program for anyone. Everyone who participates will receive the same training.

The exact nature of the program is broken into two categories:

Physical Training: All members will be put into, perhaps, one of the most terrifyingly rigorous and strenuous fitness programs that I have ever laid my eyes upon. The exercises being implemented will include running, weight-lifting, stretching/acrobatics, its own dietary regimen, and a brand new "game" myself and the others like to call "Shield-Wall." Due to warnings of severe fatigue that have received, the program will begin light, but, as the weeks wear on, participants can expect the level of grueling difficulty to increase.

Tactical Training: Because our companies are being reformed, we have decided that this grants us the perfect opportunity to reenforce the importance of the small-time, squad-based tactics on the soldiers. The term "team" will no longer represent a 5-10 man unit, but something more likened to a family. Day, by day, by day, the concept of camaraderie will be engraved into these teams. They will live together, train together, fight together, and if need be, prepare to die together. It our hope that by instilling this kind of conviction to ones brothers and sisters from the most basic units will cause it to filter through the entirety of the company."

After Derovarr is done presenting, several other members of the committee present their opinions and various data and statistics.

"Any questions?

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:20 pm

Cary: "For your tactical training, the troops have already been doing that. After all, we have no other way of housing the troops except to organize them by unit. I was more wondering along the lines of... if you learned anything from your trip to Archeron that you may adapt."
|

()

Return to “Game Summaries”