Battle of Trelling

Schedules & reviews on meetings [don't spam]

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:48 am

"When it comes to morale of the troops, it certainly is." comments Rowen, as other officers around the table nodded their heads, a few of them on the verge of applause after Derovarr's speech but refrained in the last moment. They looked as if they weren't sure if this was the proper place for such a thing.

"Well, think there's any other issues to settle for now?" spoke Garris. "Frankly I don't think we have the information to plan much as of currently, it seems there's not much we can do but wait for them to approach us."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:59 am

"All I could suggest would be focusing on setting up more hardpoints. Using camoflauge both magical and mundane to hide pockets of troops. I doubt the siege of Trelling will be decided purely at walls. Aside from that, call up the illusionists, tell them to to through in a few features that our enemies wouldn't expect. Perhaps an illusionary dragon flight, or, an airship?

In the meantime, Major Osweald, continue to monitor the surrounding envrions, if anything changes, fire it down the line.

Dismissed." Derovarr finished, allowing a few people to filter out be for calling out to a certain mage.

"Kelmik, I'd like to have word with you." he said, rather blankly.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:35 am

Kelmik walks over to Derovarr, one eyebrow raised. "You needed me for something commander?"

Garris watched the two with a mix of puzzlement and interest as he slowly began leaving the room, slowly. It seems he dropped his pace considerably...

Session Start (AIM - Zanaikin:ingamerp): Sun Oct 07 23:33:02 2007
*** laharl01 has been invited to the group chat.
*** the one cag has been invited to the group chat.
*** laharl01 has joined the chat.
*** the one cag has joined the chat.
Zanaikin: "You needed me for something commander?"
Zanaikin: (Yes I'm being Kelmik, obviously)
the one cag: "Yes, Garris, but before I begin, I want you to stop beating yourself up over the loss of the tactical squad."
the one cag: ((EDIT: Yes, Kelmik, but before...))
Zanaikin: "well, I'm quite accepting to the fact there really wasn't much we could have done."
Zanaikin: "chances are that if we weren't caught by surprise and retaliated, he simply would have simply wiped the rest of us out."
the one cag: "Well, Kelmik, I'm not entirely certain I agree with that."
the one cag: "Last time I checked the field manual, it said that when you're shadowing and covering other companies, that you're supposed to be looking in all directions."
Zanaikin: "trying to remaining on the lookout in all directions when there's a dragon coming towards you mere seconds ago is rather hard."
Zanaikin: "not all of us has had the experience on the battlefield to develop such steadfastness, commander, nor do most of desire such an experience"
the one cag: "It can be, but, when providing cover, its a necessity".
the one cag: "I am aware of this Kelmik."
the one cag: "I am aware that you are not a warrior by trade."
the one cag: "But this is the sad reality war Kelmik."
Zanaikin: "It's much easier said in hindsight, but in the moment, would you have taken your eyes off an enemy present before you to scour the surroundings?"
the one cag: "I always check my flanks."
Zanaikin: "what if, in that moment, what you could have noticed instead took your head because you were too busy watching for what was not there?"
the one cag: "You were in a squad Kelmik."
Zanaikin: "sir, we are war wizards, artificers and craftsmen by trade who are sadly drafted for this sad reality. Do you expect us to be able to take dragons one on one?"
the one cag: "The idea behind squad based combat is that each member has some vector in their sights."
the one cag: "I'm very sorry Kelmik, but the circumstances dictate far from what I would ever expect a craft to do."
the one cag: "If things were as we'd like, non-combatants would never be called to arms. But it is not so."
Zanaikin: "Indeed, but that is simply expecting too much from what resources are not available, commander.
Zanaikin: People in my trade make do with what is given, not ask for the impossible.
the one cag: "Our trades our similar in fashion."
the one cag: "I've rarely been given exactly what I've needed to win a battle."
the one cag: "I would suggest that you begin reading up upon the histories of war, Kelmik, for I doubt this will be your last engagement."
the one cag: "Because, unfortunately, you're trade has become war."
Zanaikin: "Indeed, I shall" Kelmik said through almost gritted teeth, it's becoming quite clear he really doesn't like Derovarr
the one cag: "You're going to being playing a lot of catching up, but you're intuitive, and gifted with far more intellect than most men."
Zanaikin: "An intellect certainly not gifted to be devoted to such a practice. If I had felt my talent belonged in such a field I would have asked to become a soldier."
the one cag: "Kelmik, you can hate me and fight with me about this all you want."
the one cag: "But that won't be getting anywhere."
Zanaikin: "no, maybe not, but then, neither will this."
the one cag: "The point I'm trying to make, Kelmik."
the one cag: "Is that everyone has some sore of niche, that allows them survive and adapt."
the one cag: "Mine is commanding."
the one cag: "Yours is creating."
the one cag: "Find a way to adapt it to this new set of challenges, and you'll be as good a warrior as any."
the one cag: ((Diplomacy to see my point: 55))
Zanaikin: ((Kelmik fails to see the point, in fact he seems like he's barely inclined to listen at this point))
the one cag: ((and Derovarr notices))
the one cag: "Very well, Kelmik, good day to you."
Zanaikin: "same to you, commander."
Zanaikin: he gives a light nod and leaves at as fast a pace as possible.
the one cag: Derovarr shakes his head and lets out a long sigh, before proceeding to leave the room.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:13 am

Gametime: just past 1PM

if you wish to do something in the afternoon, post it.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:48 pm

Derovar is going to head to one the hospitals to get some healing (he's at, like, 89 hp).

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Kati is going to talk with Kilar (shall deal with this later on this afternoon after sociology class)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:49 pm

Ulrich has already healed the party with Touch of Healing Drew. He is currently at the hospital healing everyone he can. He is using his 1st 2nd and 3rd level 1/min spells combined with healing touch to alleviate all injuries.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:36 am

Kati/Ranmor/Kilar Chat Log

(7:02:07 PM) Zanaikin entered the room.
(7:02:07 PM) ForSovietRussia entered the room.
(7:03:08 PM) Laharl01 entered the room.
(7:03:32 PM) Zanaikin: (start start, uh hum)
(7:05:23 PM) Zanaikin: you comes around to the abandoned street, and into the building where it's been turned into a temporary room for kilar to rest in
(7:05:51 PM) Zanaikin: as you walk in, one of the Citadel Elites that Dolch posted stood up from his chair and saluted.
(7:06:47 PM) ForSovietRussia: Kati salutes back "At ease soldier"
(7:07:14 PM) Zanaikin: he puts his arm back down "you need to speak to him commander?"
(7:07:37 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Yes, but if he is not available right now I will come back later"
(7:07:58 PM) Laharl01: Ranmor chimes in at that point. "We, Lady Gant."
(7:08:03 PM) Zanaikin: "should be fine." he said, already started to lowering the wards and opening the door
(7:08:20 PM) Zanaikin: he gives a quick salute in the middle of it as he sees Ranmor coming in
(7:08:47 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Ah, Ranmor, coming to see him too?"
(7:09:24 PM) Zanaikin: the door opens, and leading in to what seems to be a large refurbished living room
(7:09:35 PM) Laharl01: "Yes, someone needs to represent Archeron here." Ranmor salutes the guard back.
(7:09:56 PM) Zanaikin: there's a single bed on the other side of the room, a table near, and a few chairs scattered around.
(7:10:17 PM) Zanaikin: Kilar seems to be sitting on his bed, he looked over after the door opened
(7:11:55 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I don't think theres any need for an Archeronian representative, this visit isn't likely to have any impact on the outcome of the battle. I'm just visiting him." ((more))
(7:12:02 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Kilar and I have a bit of a history"
(7:12:11 PM) ForSovietRussia: <dramaticPause>
(7:12:34 PM) Laharl01: "So I've heard. In my opinion, that's all the more reason I should be here."
(7:12:59 PM) Zanaikin: Kilar looks over at the two, a hint of amusement behind his face.
(7:13:09 PM) Laharl01: "If you wish to discuss personal matters, I will leave."
(7:13:44 PM) ForSovietRussia: Kati laughs, "Oh, you misunderstand, its not like that"
(7:14:04 PM) ForSovietRussia: "It seems he's awake"
(7:16:58 PM) Zanaikin: after a while passes... "take your pick already, commander"
(7:17:20 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Hello Kilar, feeling better now that whatever that was is out of you?"
(7:18:22 PM) Zanaikin: "yes, and proper manners would dictate that I need to thank you graciously for that."
(7:18:47 PM) Zanaikin: "unfortunately I'm hardly in a position or state to do anything regarding that, so you'll have to receive it verbally this time."
(7:21:34 PM) ForSovietRussia: Kati laughs more, "That will do for now Kilar"
(7:22:45 PM) Zanaikin: "well, what can I do for you?"
(7:23:43 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I just came to talk. By the way...about last time we met before you came here"
(7:24:21 PM) Zanaikin: "the last time, I've met you a few times I believe." he ponders for a minute, "oh yes, in the north."
(7:25:48 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Yes, that time. So you do remember what happened. Where you already under...that thing's control?"
(7:25:58 PM) Laharl01: Ranmor thinks for a second, wondering if he'd been told about this meeting. After a bit, he realizes this is the trip where the Sword was lost.
(7:26:25 PM) ForSovietRussia: "It might be asking the obvious, but I just want to make sure"
(7:26:54 PM) Zanaikin: "Yes, all of it actually, I see pretty much... what he sees."
(7:27:00 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I've been living with a bit of a guilty conciense since then..."
(7:27:50 PM) Zanaikin: "mmmh, I must say that your reactions back then would persuade me otherwise for that statement, you were quite bent that I was a traitor, after all."
(7:28:00 PM) Zanaikin: "not that I did any to prove otherwise." he sighed
(7:28:30 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Its okay, we know what happened now. Its just that at the time we had no idea what had happened."
(7:29:05 PM) Zanaikin: "although, if you do actually feel bad you can take comfort that those were not Misalinians."
(7:29:30 PM) ForSovietRussia: "They werent? Then who were they?"
(7:29:34 PM) Zanaikin: "the Eyes of Misalin have been heavily infiltrated since... way before the beginning of the war. And the troops the other me took on that mission were no exception."
(7:30:04 PM) ForSovietRussia: "So you were being controlled by that thing...for quite some time before then?"
(7:31:16 PM) Zanaikin: "I believe all mercenary assassins that time, may have been a shadow guard operative although I'm not sure."
(7:32:03 PM) ForSovietRussia: "So how long were you under its control?"
(7:33:05 PM) Zanaikin: "to count up, more than five years by now, actually."
(7:33:52 PM) Laharl01: "You had been starting to break free recently, right? Such as when you warned us of the bombs in the northern keep?"
(7:34:36 PM) Zanaikin: "well, pretty much, I only started managed to exert influence upon my other self since the war began."
(7:35:03 PM) Zanaikin: "although after the death of Strusler, I'm not sure if it was shock or something, but it drove me enough to temporarily wrestle control over."
(7:37:27 PM) Zanaikin: "although, at the beginning though, I was quite unaware of what my other self was doing."
(7:38:12 PM) Zanaikin: "it wasn't until last year, around the same time i started gaining some influential control, was I actually able to realize my surroundings..."
(7:38:48 PM) Zanaikin: "still, it was mostly spontaneous and periodic, and I only find out what I did via the information i collected during these times."
(7:40:44 PM) ForSovietRussia: "What you did?"
(7:41:04 PM) Zanaikin: "well, what my other self did, but in a way still what I did, unknowingly"
(7:41:23 PM) ForSovietRussia: "What sort of things was it using your body to do?"
(7:41:29 PM) Zanaikin: "at the beginning I only resurfaced during rare occasions, although it started becoming more and more frequent."
(7:41:58 PM) Zanaikin: "well, let's see, what you expect a double sided spy TO do, passing wrong information to Misalin, correct to the Norinth."
(7:42:21 PM) Zanaikin: "assassinating other Eyes of Misalin operatives while helping Norinth operatives infiltrate the organization."
(7:42:36 PM) ForSovietRussia: "And through the whole time it was slowly losing control?"
(7:42:56 PM) Zanaikin: "that, would seem to the obvious conclusion given what I said."
(7:44:58 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Do you still remember who the other operatives under Norinth control are?"
(7:45:31 PM) ForSovietRussia: "When the Eyes where dissolved, the remaining members where disperesed into different units"
(7:45:31 PM) Zanaikin: "some of them, I can't be sure that even I know exactly how deep and how much of our personnel were replaced by theirs, but..."
(7:45:42 PM) Zanaikin: "it was pretty bad, that's for definite."
(7:46:34 PM) ForSovietRussia: "So we should suspect ALL former Eyes members to be under enemy control? Or do you know of any that definetely were not"
(7:47:43 PM) Zanaikin: "Well, I can probably say they're not an enemy if they're one of my old comrades... probably, after all that I can't really guarantee that anymore."
(7:49:49 PM) Zanaikin left the room.
(7:53:21 PM) Squall2551337 entered the room.
(8:14:39 PM) Squall2551337 left the room.
(10:34:49 PM) Zanaikin entered the room.
(10:38:32 PM) judson256 entered the room.
(10:39:59 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Any chance you can tell us who your old comrades are?"
(10:41:22 PM) Zanaikin: "mmm, the ones I know alive... you point, you don't know any of them anyways, or should I say... you shouldn't"
(10:43:04 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Shouldn't? Now what's that supposed to mean?"
(10:44:10 PM) Zanaikin: "I suggest you leave it at that." at this point he's eyeing Ranmor, as if examining him
(10:48:56 PM) Laharl01: "Yes? Is there something I can help you with?" Ranmor says mildly, but with a hint of challenge.
(10:52:35 PM) Zanaikin: "I don't quite believe this is precisely the right arena for you, trooper. Although you might want to save that challenging spirit for later, you'll need it."
(10:59:14 PM) Zanaikin: (technically that should be blade, as per Archeronian infantry private, not trooper)
(11:04:37 PM) Laharl01: "You're right, this isn't my forte. However, I am here nonetheless."
(11:10:34 PM) ForSovietRussia: Kati, sensing it would be bad if this continued, "Okay you two, its not the time for this."
(11:23:56 PM) Zanaikin: after a long pause in which the two continued to stare at each other, neither wanting to back off...
(11:24:09 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Awkward...silence..."
(11:24:10 PM) Zanaikin: "Here's a question for you, do you trust me enough to hand me back my command rings?"
(11:30:04 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Which one? You did have two of them after all. One for Misalin....and one for Norinth."
(11:30:47 PM) Zanaikin: "well, I was wondering about both of them, although if I had to pick one, the Norinth ring."
(11:31:14 PM) Zanaikin: Kilar asks while raising one of his eyebrows and looking at kati curiously
(11:35:16 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Why that one?"
(11:36:16 PM) Zanaikin: he gives the brief hints of a smile "chances are, the Norintheners will contact me soon at some point, ...
(11:36:20 PM) Zanaikin: and if I don't reply appropriately, someone will get sent to figure out what happened."
(11:37:02 PM) Zanaikin: "frankly, I rather not figure out, or deal with, whoever they send."
(11:37:32 PM) Zanaikin: "although I will say that the chances of them sending someone isn't definite, but I rather not take that probable risk."
(11:41:37 PM) ForSovietRussia: "You raise an interesting point..."
(11:42:27 PM) ForSovietRussia: She turns to Ranmor, "Not a word of this is to reach Derovarr, understood?"
(11:43:03 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I highly doubt he would approve of what I am going to do"
(11:43:26 PM) Laharl01: "This was the best possible place you could have said that...But if you insist, I'll keep it to myself, as long as Archeron is not hurt by it."
(11:48:43 PM) ForSovietRussia: Kati pulls out both of Kilar's command rings and tosses them to him. "If you are contacted by ANYONE from Norinth, you are to contact me at once using your Misalin ring."
(11:49:49 PM) Zanaikin: he looks at you for a moment, gives a polite smile "of course."
(11:51:19 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Sorry if that sounded a little too much like an order. I know that I technically have no authority to give you orders."
(11:53:58 PM) Zanaikin: Kilar gives a light nod
(10/12/2007 12:01:05 AM) Zanaikin: Kilar looks at kilar, then seems to dip his head down for a moment in deep thought, "you are a Gant, if I remember right?"
(12:01:44 AM) ForSovietRussia: "Yes, I am Ambassador Gant's daughter. Why do you ask?"
(12:02:00 AM) Zanaikin: "technically I'm not suppose to be helping Archeronians, but... I'll make an exception this time given your... circumstances."
(12:02:07 AM) Zanaikin: he looks at kati curiously with a slight sneer
(12:02:35 AM) Zanaikin: "I think, hope at least, that your sentries should have picked up Imperium or Norinth presence in Kharva by now?"
(12:03:35 AM) ForSovietRussia: "Yes, we picked up their presence. There was an entire keep that vanished."
(12:04:01 AM) Zanaikin: "Yes, they're building defenses within the mountains of Darion and Kharva."
(12:04:51 AM) Zanaikin: "I highly suggest that you make use of this information, but... your province, your nation, really should pick a side soon."
(12:05:19 AM) Laharl01: "We're a little busy ensuring we have a nation to choose with right now."
(12:05:25 AM) Zanaikin: "Currently, both sides are trying to use you as a buffer zone, and it does not spell good for what is to happen."
(12:06:12 AM) Zanaikin: "The Imperium wants to use hardpoints in Archeron to separate the two regions allied, more taken, by the Kingdom - Misalin and Naralan."
(12:06:53 AM) Zanaikin: "The Kingdom hasn't done anything yet because they have their hands full, but I doubt they will remain bystanders for eternity."
(12:07:32 AM) Zanaikin: "Chances are one of two things will happen, either the Imperium takes over Naralan or Misalin before the Kingdom can properly respond."
(12:08:02 AM) Zanaikin: "or that Kingdom will try to sweep the Imperium out of Archeron, and that will not be a pretty war should you continue your position as 'neutrals'."
(12:08:36 AM) Laharl01: Ranmor nods, imagining the horror of such a war sweeping across the already ravaged Archeron.
(12:09:14 AM) Laharl01: "We will certainly keep this in mind, if we survive to have the opportunity to decide for ourselves."
(12:09:33 AM) Zanaikin: "Also, there is a significant number of elite forces in Archeron already. I believe the Imperium Arc Strikers squadron is here personally to secure the front."
(12:10:14 AM) ForSovietRussia: "The Arc Strikers squadron?"
(12:11:10 AM) Zanaikin: "a recently assembled squad of theirs, all Penthiaen battle mages of the highest ranking."
(12:12:02 AM) Zanaikin: "I don't really know how they can trust the natives enough already for the type of mission involved, but... the truth is, they're there."
(12:13:25 AM) Laharl01 left the room.
(12:14:27 AM) ForSovietRussia: "Strange, when we first met the Imperium, they told us not to get involved in the conflict. Either they did not forsee staying this long...or they already had these allies before then."
(12:15:35 AM) Zanaikin: "Chances are they did not see this situation happening, and these allies... well there were Imperium presence upon Penthiae before they announced."
(12:16:05 AM) Laharl01 entered the room.
(12:16:29 AM) Zanaikin: "Thus I'm not surprised that they had allies who were willing to back them up, that is IF these can be accurately called 'allied'."
(12:20:38 AM) ForSovietRussia: "Is there a chance they might be under outside control, like you were?"
(12:22:27 AM) Zanaikin: "I don't know... mmm... I may have met them once, don't really know, my memories are fuzzy regarding most of the events back then, after all."
(12:22:45 AM) Zanaikin: "For the most part I know a lot of rough information, but exact details is not something I have much of."
(12:26:49 AM) ForSovietRussia: "Any information you can give us might of great help"
(12:27:27 AM) Zanaikin: "Well, that's really as much of the information I actually know to be accurate as I know on this matter."
(12:28:03 AM) Zanaikin: "anything else... heard the squad is mostly made of Norinth shadow guard assault mages and Black guard battlemages, although hardly entirely."
(12:28:58 AM) Zanaikin: "and it's said there's a few elves on the command squad, the commander is a former Airindale captain who has considerable experience, as well as prowess."
(12:30:44 AM) Zanaikin: "but, like I said, those are unconfirmed bits of information I've simply heard about during my 'waking' hours in the Norinth camps."
(12:34:54 AM) ForSovietRussia: "Well, thank you for the information Kilar. I have nothing else to discuss so I am going to leave you be to rest."
(12:35:44 AM) Laharl01: Ranmor adds "Thank you for the information." and turns to leave.
(12:35:47 AM) Laharl01 left the room.
(12:35:56 AM) Zanaikin: "well, good luck then." he says, giving the group another nod.
(12:36:17 AM) ForSovietRussia: Kati nods back, stands up, and leaves the room.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk

Kilar Chat II

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:47 pm

(3:23:29 PM) ForSovietRussia entered the room.
(3:23:39 PM) Zanaikin entered the room.
(3:24:10 PM) Squall2551337 entered the room.
(3:24:27 PM) judson256 entered the room.
(3:26:36 PM) ForSovietRussia: Kati retraces her steps, returning once again to Kilar's location
(3:28:09 PM) Zanaikin: Kati enters, the guard salutes again, goes through the same procedure, and opens the door. Kilar seems to be taking a nap.
(3:29:03 PM) ForSovietRussia: Kati sits down and waits for Kilar to wake up
(3:30:57 PM) Zanaikin: Kilar turns around the moment Kati began to sit down, he gets up and sits on his bed. "Ah, I did not anticipate another visit so soon, you needed something?"
(3:32:00 PM) Unable to send message: The message is too large.
(3:32:13 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Yes, there was something I did not want to talk about with anybody else around." She takes out the packet of information that she was included with the letter from her father and hands it to Kilar.
(3:32:14 PM) Unable to send message: The message is too large.
(3:32:20 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Do you know anything about this?"
(3:34:21 PM) Zanaikin: Kilar glances through the packet. "Well, I have to say that nothing like this started when I still had full control of my own actions, so I'm not quite aware of this 'investigation'."
(3:34:55 PM) Zanaikin: "Although even had I been myself, I can't say for sure that I would have discovered this. The EoM is not responsible for dealing with internal matters, for this definitely is."
(3:35:37 PM) ForSovietRussia: "All of this was found at Eyes of Misalin safehouses after they were disbanded. Do you know who could have been using the safehouses other than the Eyes?
(3:36:26 PM) Zanaikin: "you sure it was an EoM safehouse? I highly doubt any of the other major organizations of Misalin knew exactly where our flagpoints are."
(3:36:55 PM) Zanaikin: "perhaps they simply thought a suspicious location was ours, given the circumstances."
(3:38:04 PM) Zanaikin: "I can't give you a guarantee on my theories, but I only have two on whose doing this is."
(3:38:38 PM) Zanaikin: "One would be the Norinth shadow guard, or which case it could really be in collaboration with the Eyes of Misalin."
(3:38:55 PM) Zanaikin: "the other would be, the Church of Misalin itself, or rather... factions within the church."
(3:39:55 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I have been suspecting that the church was involved in it. Other information I learned on what I thought was an unrelated topic at first has led me to belive that the two are related."
(3:42:22 PM) Zanaikin: "and, which information was this?"
(3:43:15 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I had been doing some research into the death of my mother, and found that the investigation was halted, probably by someone in the church."
(3:45:53 PM) Zanaikin: "well, I don't think that's anything under my supervision. Investigations of internal affairs are handled by inquisitors, exorcists, and investigators of the church and the paladin order."
(3:46:19 PM) Zanaikin: "but yes, there could be a chance, a very good chance, at that."
(3:46:55 PM) Zanaikin: "so, let me throw this question out, do you have any clue WHY you're important enough to become a target?"
(3:47:55 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I have my suspicions, and I have a feeling it had something to do with my mother"
(3:48:26 PM) Zanaikin: he nods, urging you to keep going
(3:52:58 PM) Squall2551337 left the room.
(3:54:37 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I was doing some research into what happened to the old Misalin Royal Family a little while ago, I don't have any conclusive links between the two yet, but I have a feeling that she was somehow related to them
(3:57:09 PM) Zanaikin: he nods, smiling "and which one is this?"
(4:01:39 PM) ForSovietRussia: "That is something I don't know yet."
(4:03:12 PM) Zanaikin: "well, not its like that's recent history, or publicized history. The royal house is a history that the church prefers... buried."
(4:04:07 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Yes, it took quite a fair amount of digging to even find a tiny bit of information about it. And that was before the Church started to seize even more power."
(4:04:11 PM) Zanaikin: "any reasons for this connection you're making out to be between your family and that particular piece of history?"
(4:08:03 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Well, it actually goes back to the mission to the North. You remember the tower that was up there?"
(4:08:35 PM) Zanaikin: "mmm, barely that time, but yes I know of the Tower of Shadows."
(4:08:50 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Yes, and you know about the circle at the top?"
(4:09:47 PM) Zanaikin: "well I've never went up there, or saw much reason to, but I've read enough about that tower. The top is the main channeling array isn't it?"
(4:10:46 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Pretty much. During that trip my group made it to the top of the tower. And somehow, I activated the channeling array."
(4:11:12 PM) Laharl01 entered the room.
(4:12:08 PM) Zanaikin: "mmm, and I presume you researched what the array is suppose to do?"
(4:13:14 PM) ForSovietRussia: "That its designed to increase a caster's arcane power? Yes, I learned that. And I had no arcane power at all, but somehow I was able to activate it."
(4:14:49 PM) Zanaikin: "Not precisely an arcane caster's power. The purpose of that tower is twinfold."
(4:15:23 PM) Zanaikin: "the first and more known one is... of course to act as a channeling focus, supreme of the land, for one of the greatest of epic spells ever released upon Penthiae."
(4:16:02 PM) ForSovietRussia: "The spell that devastated all four nations and created the fens...yes, the tower had the names of the four that cast the spell."
(4:17:21 PM) Zanaikin: "the second is... and the array is key'd precisely for this purpose, the enhancement of the Norinth Arcane Servitors via a dark ritual, THE dark ritual actually, of magical taint saturation."
(4:18:27 PM) Zanaikin: "A ritual that will boost the receiver's magical powers to astronomical bounds, at much expense to their physical bodies and mental well being."
(4:20:03 PM) Unable to send message: The message is too large.
(4:20:09 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Well, I found out about the taint too. I'm glad I didn't fully activate the circle, the side effects from just that momentary...
(4:20:10 PM) ForSovietRussia: activation are proving to be a hassle. Well, all except for the fact that somehow I gained some arcane power from it."
(4:20:34 PM) ForSovietRussia: At this point, Kati drops her Moral Facade, unmaksing the evil aura.
(4:21:23 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Do you have any way of detecting evil auras?"
(4:21:26 PM) Zanaikin: "Well, the fact you activated it meant something, and I presume you received your conclusions for this fact? As I said, the array is specifically key'd."
(4:21:53 PM) Zanaikin: "eh... yes, if I actually prepare for such, although I don't really need to and for the most part, forgotten to."
(4:23:04 PM) Zanaikin: "auras are considered far too easy to hide, and sometimes imitate, to be reliable."
(4:23:19 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Well, the array left me with an evil aura that has been proving to be quite a hassle. I've been forced to mask it with magic to prevent raising too many questions."
(4:24:08 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I had discovered that the arrray was specifically keyed, or at least should have been. Which makes it even stranger that I was able to activate it."
(4:24:20 PM) Zanaikin: you could almost hear his muttering 'paladins'.
(4:25:29 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Yes, some of my comrades who actually completed their training of paladins have been a little....suspicious of me as late which is why I keep the aura hidden."
(4:25:36 PM) Zanaikin: "but yes, the array is keyed for some factor the original Arvitors all had, although we don't know what exactly this is, there's only so many options to look at."
(4:26:21 PM) Zanaikin: "and the most obvious link of them... I think that's the one you're already looking at."
(4:26:42 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Exactly. My research has led me to believe that the array was keyed to Arithmancer magic"
(4:29:11 PM) Zanaikin: Kilar smiles again "indeed, that would be the first and foremost. Well, I'll ask this question assuming that Strusler was right, which he probably is..."
(4:29:26 PM) Zanaikin: "has IT manifested itself yet?"
(4:30:58 PM) ForSovietRussia: "It? That depends on what it is"
(4:31:39 PM) ForSovietRussia: "There was what happened yesterday when we encountered the Orc Commander"
(4:31:53 PM) Zanaikin: "and?"
(4:33:39 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I got hit with a Disjunction spell. And then I started glowing. Which made me think back to something that my father had told me about my mother casting a spell on me in my youth that changed what my magic was like"
(4:35:09 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I have a feeling that whatever magic she had put in place was dispelled by the Disjunction"
(4:35:32 PM) Zanaikin: "dispelled? temporarily? You certainly aren't glowing right now."
(4:37:12 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I glowed for about half a minute before the glowing stopped. But once the Orc saw me glowing, he ran off as quick as he could."
(4:37:26 PM) Zanaikin left the room.
(4:38:13 PM) Zanaikin entered the room.
(4:40:25 PM) Zanaikin: (note: change... due to marty's lack of memory - only kati's eyes were glowing)
(4:41:28 PM) Zanaikin: "So do you know what that actually means? It's all a case of connecting strings from here."
(4:49:25 PM) Unable to send message: The message is too large.
(4:49:33 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Well, connecting the strings confirms that my mother was descended from the royal family, and had Arcane Servitor blood...
(4:49:35 PM) ForSovietRussia: , which means that I do as well, and the magic she cast was to disguise the fact that I had the potential to become an Arcane Servitor."
(4:51:53 PM) Zanaikin: "you don't merely have the potential for being one, you ARE one... potential contractees to Erylon don't radiate when using magic."
(4:52:28 PM) Zanaikin: "you did live in the Capital City for enough of your childhood after all, and yes we checked your stats out also. Strusler suspected this all along."
(4:58:15 PM) Unable to send message: The message is too large.
(4:58:20 PM) ForSovietRussia: "That would explain why he said he wanted to talk to me after I came back from the North. So the leadership knew all along? Meaning the church probably knew as well...
(4:58:21 PM) ForSovietRussia: , so they would have kept a close eye on me, as they would not want the fact that I might have been related to the old royal family to be revealed."
(4:59:17 PM) Zanaikin: "The church? oh no the church doesn't know, and the church may or may not know the exact details even now."
(4:59:35 PM) Zanaikin: "I think they suspect, but they don't know for sure. Otherwise they would have taken far more aggressive action."
(5:00:11 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Such as killing killing my mother and adopted sister thinking my adopted sister was actually me?"
(5:00:12 PM) Zanaikin: "Strusler knew cause he is one, or at least he was one, and he knows what the magical aura of an arvitor would seem like."
(5:01:11 PM) Zanaikin: "there's a good chance of that."
(5:03:26 PM) ForSovietRussia: "And they could have been keeping tabs on me just to make sure that they hadn't made a mistake and not fully eliminated what they saw as a threat to their rule"
(5:05:58 PM) Zanaikin: "well they know that threat is always out there, but in a way, that is quite true. And should they know who you are, they will take action upon it."
(5:07:13 PM) ForSovietRussia: "And with a faction in control that is extremely opposed to anyone challenging their rule, to the point of practically taking over the paladin order, the danger of them discovering and taking action is greater than ever"
(5:08:48 PM) Zanaikin: "well, the faction that would rather see you dead wasn't in power back then. Deoneir may not be a Royalist, but I don't think he will drop to such methods."
(5:09:31 PM) Zanaikin: "Anstrun however, it another different matter, and he IS a proclaimer. They were always radicals in the system."
(5:12:28 PM) Zanaikin: "they always did believe that the age of the Gulbrandr's will was over. That they were being too conservative and unadaptive to the new world, that they needed replacing."
(5:13:06 PM) Zanaikin: "they were simply radical enough to seek a violent means to this end, a turbulent method of spreading 'faith' across Penthiae."
(5:14:57 PM) Zanaikin: "I cannot truly fathom their logic, although I do understand perfect the neccessity to break existing principles defining the morality of 'good' to achieve perfection."
(5:15:38 PM) ForSovietRussia: "And now they are taking over the paladin order after seizing control of the church leadership. Cary and Kovis have already been replaced and are...
(5:15:39 PM) ForSovietRussia: now rebels according to the church, and it is only a matter of time before they try to replace Lenneth and myself and sieze total control of the order."
(5:17:47 PM) Zanaikin: "Kovis is still well? Looks like I'll need to send him a message regarding this matter. But, if the church suspects your position, it is definite that they will switch you out of a position of powere asap."
(5:21:52 PM) Unable to send message: The message is too large.
(5:22:00 PM) ForSovietRussia: "I imagine that after we are done here, they will attempt to replace me. The church did see the wisdom in aiding in the defense of Archeron, and replacing the officer in charge of the...
(5:22:00 PM) ForSovietRussia: defense would have been a bad move on their part. In fact, I am still under suspion that Ulrich, even though I doubt he will replace me as Escort Marshal, is here to relieve me of command at the conclusion of this battle."
(5:23:29 PM) Zanaikin: "well, I don't think I know this guy enough to determine that, but... if the church sent him in a commanding position, there is a good chance of that."
(5:27:39 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Well, he was in charge of the troops he brought with him, so they may intend for him to do that, whether he knows it or not. From what I can tell, he is a Statist and not a Royalist."
(5:30:25 PM) Zanaikin: "In that case he could swing either way. But, that's besides the point. Chances are, if he's sent with orders to do so, he will have distributed orders...
(5:30:36 PM) Zanaikin: amongst the officers under your command that will bring forth a coup de'tat if neccessary. Whether he knows that he did so or not."
(5:32:09 PM) Zanaikin: "and if he's a statist, there's even more chance the orders are sealed. In which case will be opened after the course of the war here in Archeron is decided and commanders may be swapped without much hassel."
(5:34:58 PM) Unable to send message: The message is too large.
(5:35:08 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Or so they want to believe. If they think that I am going to just step down like that, they are sorely mistaken.
(5:35:10 PM) ForSovietRussia: Most likely I will follow Cary and Kovis and flee with the airship under my command, taking as many loyal troops as I can with me."
(5:39:52 PM) Zanaikin: "just as long as you do not underestimate what you may be dealing with here. Defiance of high command and resisting arrest will give them the perfect reason for a swift removal of your existance."
(5:43:22 PM) ForSovietRussia: "Very true, I just don't want to see the church completely taking over the paladin order, the seperation of the two has kept the nation stable. Well, thank you for the information, I'll let you go back to resting now."
(5:44:09 PM) Zanaikin: "good luck commander, you have a lot of obstacles ahead of you."
(5:45:28 PM) ForSovietRussia: Kati stands up and salutes him before leaving.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:48 pm

I'm organizing one regiment of lightfoots, a company of war wizards, and the shock troops and outriders in a field outside the city. Everyone but the outriders will be arranged in a single long line, 10feet wide, with a gap in the middle, ready for maximum efficiency teleportation. The outriders will be a bit off to the side, resting, ready to form up for teleportation.

As the formation takes shape, I will send a message to Garris via command ring

"Reinforcements are ready to deploy. A regiment of light halfling infantry, a company of war wizards, and a company of shock troops will be deployed into Trelling to reinforce your men. Send a message as soon as possible to confirm that the teleport point is clear and ready to recieve them and we will begin to teleport.

Field-Captain Greenhill and I will lead a flanking force of 500 outriders. Our main objective will be to disrupt their support units and prevent them from bringing their full power to bear on Trelling. I plan to deploy in the woods once the enemy begins the assault, concealing our presence until the entire detachment can get through, at which point we will attack the enemy rear."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:59 am

Garris soon returns a message: "Copy that. Teleportation point is ready for receival. The enemy should have finished teleporting their forces by now, however we have yet to notice any movement out of their immediate area. We'll inform you of further enemy movements upon confirmation to time for your attack."

it's now 4pm gametime.

EDIT: Garris is going to forward this information via multiple messages thru the rings, assume everyone here get's this information.
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:37 am

I'm casting teleport circle in the middle of the arrayed troops, who will immediately begin moving through.

Assuming 4 men per round, the Trelling reinforcement detachement should be through within 30 minutes. Thats, just to reiterate, 1 regiment halfling lightfoots, 1 company war-wizards, and 1 company shock troops.

I will remain behind with the outriders at Port Carnia awaiting the second signal.

Message to Garris:
"Flanking detachment is awaiting your signal. I'll want to begin casting the teleport circles as soon as the enemy starts to move so that we can begin moving through promptly when they get into position."

Rules query: Does the recieving end of a teleport circle have any sort of magical aura?
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:16 pm

mmm, no, I don't think the receiving end would have any, since a teleportation circle seems more of a 'temporary magical construction' that simply chain a teleport to all who enters.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:21 am

((Good Gods, lets just get on with it.))

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:23 pm

5:30pm now...

just a bit afterwards, each of you were contacted to meet in at the command center (which is currently STILL just a reinforced stone building off to the side of the teleportation area). Apparently, the Sky Galleon has returned.

the streets near the teleportation area are still crowded with soldiers of the reinforcement units from Port Carnia, and there's a lot of commotion around as many of the troops take their time to gawk in awe at the Sky Galleon Retribution.

once you and the rest of the major commanders arrive, Garris will start.
(DM has decided to give the warforged commander of the Retribution a name... C-301 'Shift', for ease of use).

Garris: "Well, this is certainly a day for meetings. And thus far we have yet to notice any significant advance from the enemy forces. But first I believe the Misalinians' much awaited ship has returned with her crew, with some updates and news... " he nods towards Shift.

Most of the people around the table seems particularly unused to the idea of a construct, however sentient, sitting at a commander's tactical meeting, and at the table no less.

Shift: "As I mentioned in our last message, our repair and upgrade process was delayed due to the diversion of more industrial capacity towards Naralan's defense efforts. Currently, Naralan has a military situation at hand. They've confirmed five brigades of the Terran Imperium, around 17,000 troops, supported by five regiments of Blacklore Necromancers, another 5,000 troops and trice that number in undead abominations and behemoths, currently approaching Naralan's western borders. The Imperium has sent Naralan a conditional surrender, for which their High Council has rejected. Currently Naralan is moving most of their forces towards their defenses at Skyspeak mountain range."

"But, on a note more appropriate to our current situation at hand, the Retribution has been repaired and finished the basics of the upgrade. The damage to the deck, toward gattling turret, and bridge have all been fully repaired and necessary components replaced. The turret armor have all been upgraded to make them immune against transmutation spells, although this comes as a double edged sword. We need not fear destruction of our turrets by a single disintegrate spell, yet we cannot magically repair the damage dealt to our turrets either. However, the highly resistant qualities of the turret armor will mean they cannot be so easily damaged."

"The force screen covering the external hull of the ship have been extended upwards into a dome that also covers the deck, while another screen have been added to the bridge's external armor. These force screens have also been sectioned piecewise, and a single disintegration spell will merely be able to shatter a 10' by 10' block of it. However, this also means the force screen requires a considerable amount of magical energy to create. Unfortunately, due to time considerations we only stayed long enough for them to lay the groundwork - the invisible mesh of magical energy that will permanency and hold each sectioned wall of force in place. We also managed to help complete the force screen covering the hull and bridge, but the deck defensive screen has barely been worked upon yet."

"Another feature the engineers informs me they implemented is self contained and magically generated internal atmosphere and pressure within the ship. As long as the hatch is closed, any humanoid crew aboard need not worry about such matters as the thinning air of altitude or conjured poisonous clouds. The pressurized air also extends to the deck as long as the defensive screen is fully formed, without any destroyed sections."

"and that concludes my update." Shift looks around the table, awaiting questions.

(for more information, visit the ship's thread)

(and since it returned, I believe you guys can deal with that gold/stuff Squall's char left behind onboard...)
Last edited by Zanaikin on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Summaries”