Part 2.a Rescue the Riftwardens

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 2.a Rescue the Riftwardens

Postby Squall255 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:16 pm

The next door, the one at the far end of the worship space on the right, opens into a stairwell leading up with all of the wooden stairs long since rotted away. Looking up the ex-stairs, you see holes in the ceiling allowing you to see the evening sky, as well as some mold on the walls.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:43 pm

David investigates what is behind the next door, and the next one until something of note occurs.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:53 am

The final door opens to a stone staircase descending into what appears to be a catacombs of some kind. The stone walls had engravings in them once upon a time, but have since been scratched and worked so you can't see most of it anymore. Those of you with Detect Magic active notice some runes towards the bottom of the stairs marking some active wards.

Spellcraft to ID, and Disable Device (requires Trapfinding) to disable.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:55 am

Henric takes a look at the wards to see if he can ID them. (Spellcraft 1d20+16=36)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 am

Henric identifies the runes as including the following effects:
Silence
Nondetection
Protection From Good
Unhallow

all at a high caster level.

Looking out, the staircase empties out into a 50x50ft room with sarcophagi around the edges, and another door at the far end.
(|)
(|)

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:54 am

Henric explains the effects. "We're going to need those gone if we're going to do anything meaningful inside. I can try to dispel them, but I can only do it one at a time. If anybody wants to take a crack at this the mundane way, that would probably be just as fast."

(Is there any effect tied to the Unahallow?)

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:26 am

On closer inspection, the unhallow seems to have a modified version of Gentle Repose on it, or at least that is your best guess.

Aravashnial quietly comments "Well this is why our scrying attempts failed all these years."
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:14 am

Cernandlon moves forward and works to disarm the runes as best he can.

(Disable Device: 1d20+26 = 40)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:08 am

"One thing's for certain," Malorix says, scowling, "is that somebody really good with magic really doesn't like visitors."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:36 am

Using order of disables: Silence, Unhallow, Protection from Good.

As soon as the Silence ward is disabled, you hear a chanting coming from the door at the far end.
...any means necessary
Win by any means necessary
Live by any means necessary
Die by any means necessary
No Mercy
No Mercy on your soul

Cernandlon's quick skill allows him to also disable the Unhallow before you start to hear motion at the far end of the room, approaching the closed door.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Daveed casts Ironskin and moves towards the door.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Epicette readies an Evil Eye hex for whomever is on that other end.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:02 am

Millorn and Aravashnial each cast Mirror Image. Jestak readies her sword and steps up with her mentor.

The door opens, and in steps 2 emaciated humanoid creatures with dried skin and empty eye sockets that trail smoke, and one winged demon that you identify immediately as a Nabasu from your prior experience. Epicette's hex fires out at the first creature through the doors (B1).

"This is as far as you come." the demon says calmly.

Dai: I need to know which penalty with Evil Eye (AC, Attack ,Saves, Skills, Ability Checks)

Everyone: Roll Initiative!

Edit: Roll Knowledge[Religion] to ID the two creatures. Bonuses vs Undead apply.
(|)
(|)

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:33 am

Henric sighs. "Is that all? At least this won't take long."

(Init: 1d20+11=30)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:40 pm

(1d20+4= 16)

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 3 - Demon's Heresy”