Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Aron acknowledges the option of the rope bridge, but feels like it would take more time and effort that its worth, as the Wall of Stones can likely be redirected towards the bridge after a week or so.

As Epicette helps Malorix transform the wand of Death Knell and has the choice of converting it to a wand of Aid or Gentle Repose or Life Pact as you are able to help guide the alteration. (Aid selected)

Malorix gets some help from one of the Alchemist crafters. The Unholy Water is converted to Holy Water.

Hermaeus Mora:
Your knowledge of the planes tells you that HM's realm is not accessible via a standard Plane Shift and is going to take some excessively strong magic, and possibly some kind of artifact to act as a conduit to reach. You have heard of no previous reports of contact with HM, though you may need to consult an expert on rifts and portals. Hermaeus Mora isn't surprised that you don't know how to make a proper offering to a Daedric Prince. "I can show you the ritual required to open a small gate to my realm. Return the scroll and I will send a reward through as well. To power the ritual you will need to gather the souls of a human, and one of each of the elven races, an orc, a high elf, a dunmer, and a wood elf. You DO have some soulstones and know how to cast soultrap right?"

Daveed:
There aren't any major places of worship, but there are many roadside chapels and smaller locations throughout Mendev. Most of her followers are further south or east.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:44 pm

In light of the successes, Epicette slaps a sticker on the forge -- a clockwise green triangle and the name "Dreznen Waste Recycling Plant".

@Hermaeus Mora:
"Uhhh... no?" Epicette isn't very comfortable with where this talk is heading. "Manipulation of souls would be a vile blasphemy in the ethics of our realm; and what's a dunmer?"

Downtime Actions for 1st week:
DAY 1
Epicette requests to gather the newly arrived smiths and artisans together to explain a little detail they missed: the town in paradise hill? It was assembled in under eight hours through construction magic using materials that Irabeth's men prepared. So, progress wise, it would be best if everyone could focus on materials and components (i.e. cut stone blocks, support beams, doors and windows, etc.), then stash them together, and once a week she would be able to put them all together at once.

She also has the discussion with Aron on his thoughts about the next construction projects.

Sets up eight Unseen Crafters to start decorating the new homes (painting the walls and the likes).

Organizes men from Irabeth once again to stockpile resources for next construction phase. Mixing mud to be transmuted into Sandstone and then cut using Stone Shape (2nd day of this since building Paradise Hill; 1st was Day #7)

Night, crafting a Scroll of Teleport (for Kyonin teleportation) and Sending Stones [MIC] (GM ruled price: 2,000gps). Each takes only a single 4hr craft session.
( Spellcraft: too low to fail; accel crafting of sending stones is DC22; scroll even lowers )
( Cost: (1,125+2,000)*28.33% = 885.31gps... charges to party funds )
( Giving the Sending Stones to Irabeth and Daveed )

DAY 2

Gives the laboring troops a rest day while Epicette spends much of it selling goods (probabaly with Daveed's help). Epicette also finds the alchemist she spoke to back in Kenabres to place an order for Wand of Alchemical Allocation. She also asks him (or, find another who might be able to) create a Potion of Barkskin +5.

Using Fabricate spell to craft 100 steel arrows for Cernandlon around evening time. Use extra slots and MP to stockpile Wall of Stone.
( Cost: 200gps / 4 = 50gps from Cernandlon )

Night, start crafting on Cornucopia of Plenty. Due to its high difficulty, Epicette will be casting Arcane Concordance + Investigative Mind (extends to 4hrs) prior to each accelerated craft session to verify that her enchantments are going in the right direction.
( Progress: 6,000 / 35,000 in 2 4hr sessions )
( Spellcraft [15,8]+23=38 vs DC31 (5+CL11+10req+5acc); Check#2 [8,11]+23=34 )

DAY 3
3rd day of resource stockpiling...

...Work on Cornucopia of Plenty
( Progress: 12,000+6,000 / 35,000 in 2 4hr sessions )
( Spellcraft [9,19]+23=42 vs DC31; Check#2 [10,12]+23=35 )

DAY 4
4th day of resource stockpiling...

( Progress: 18,000+6,000 / 35,000 in 2 4hr sessions )
( Spellcraft [5,19]+23=42 vs DC31; Check#2 [14,13]+23=37 )

DAY 5
Mixes mortar in the morning. Prepares Wall of Stone for extra hard stone.

Construction time in the afternoon. Using the Lyre of Building:
1. excavate a 10ft-wide evacuation tunnel between Paradise Hill and the Dreznen Citadel, lined with thick sandstone walls. The entrance from the Citadel side will be a simple building just inside the curtain walls. The Paradise Hill side entrance will be a fortified, mostly-submerged building attached to the stone keep on top of the hill. This'll hopefully allow Paradise Hill to hold out with support from the citadel under all but the heaviest assaults.
2. finishing repairs on the Dreznen Citadel's towers and outer curtain walls using the hard stone we've accumulated. Also repair the stone keep atop Paradise Hill as well as the three towers to keep watch on its perimeter (NE, SE, SW).
3. reinforce the south bridge pillars/walkway with sandstone, and adding battlements to its top.

Perform checks:
1st hour: free
2nd hour: 16+14 = 30 vs DC18
3rd hour: 12+14 = 26 vs DC18
4th hour: 7+14 = 21 vs DC18
5th hour: 2+14+4[surge] = 20 vs DC18
6th hour: 18+14 = 32 vs DC18
7th hour: 12+14 = 26 vs DC18
8th hour: 14+14 = 28 vs DC18
Another 4,800 points of labor to use.

( Progress: 24,000+6,000 / 35,000 in 2 4hr sessions )
( Spellcraft [18,4]+23=41 vs DC31; Check#2 [18,6]+23=41 )

DAY 6
Trip to Kyonin with Aravashnial, Cernandlon, and Daveed. They go off to arrange things while Epicette spends her day studying the town for teleportation purposes (and sightseeing/relaxing after yesterday, as elven towns are beautiful).

Stocking Wall of Stone with spare slots and MP.

( Progress: 6,000+6,000 / 35,000 in 2 4hr sessions )
( Spellcraft [16,4]+23=39 vs DC31; Check#2 [4,8]+23=31 )

DAY 7

Begin stockpile sandstone and supplies with Irabeth's troops again.

Epicette checks in with Sosiel on where the spell research is going. She also works with Aron on designing a new bridge for linking Paradise Hill and the Citadel which would use as much soft stone as possible to substitute for non-critical components.
( Knowledge[engineering]: 12+16 = 28 )

Completes work on Cornucopia of Plenty
( Progress: 30,000+6,000 / 35,000 in 2 4hr sessions )
( Spellcraft [12,7]+23=35 vs DC31; Check#2 [16,5]+23=39 )
( Cost to party funds: 35,000 x 28.33% = 9,915.5gps )

------

Unseen Crafters:
8 Unseen Crafters are working on decorating the new homes in Paradise Hill.
2 Unseen Crafters are finishing up on the Tunnel Creeper they were working on last week before expiring (cost 280/4=70gps to party supplies). They get replaced by more housepainting crafters.

Wand recharge TODO later if the schedule isn't interrupted.

-------

With the cornucopia, we now have twice as many spell slots per day for use!

Costs charged:
50gps from Cernandlon for 100 steel arrows
Uses up the remaining 40gps of alchemical ingredients in party supplies
10830.81 deducing from party funds for crafting.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Hermaeus Mora:
"The dark elves. Worship their Tribunal gods, praise Azura despite the effects of her champion on their lands. I guess today is your lucky day mortal. Its not often that I take the time to teach a spell to a mortal. Without soulgems you'll have to bring the souls still in their bodies. We might be able to use the binding circle you summoned me in to capture the soul power..." he muses, his thoughts trailing for a moment.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:42 am

Day 1: Daveed spends the day finding architects and artisans to assist in his "Lost Chapel" project.
Diplomacy: 1d20+26= 40

Night 1: RP with Joran and Staunton

Day 2: Travel to "Lost Chapel" sight to begin . (See "Initial Repairs" tab)

Night 2: Camp out/Anti-demon combat drills
Profession (Soldier): 1d20+10= 17

Day 3: Lost Chapel construction/Patrol nearby

Night 3: Camp out/on Anti-demon combat drills
Profession (Soldier): 1d20+10= 16

Day 4: Lost Chapel construction/Patrol nearby

Night 4: Camp out/on Anti-demon combat drills
Profession (Soldier): 1d20+10= 25

Day 5: Return to Drezen

Night 5: Work to redeem more prisoners

Day 6: Kyonin

Day 7: Anti-demon combat drills with new Drezen guards
Profession (Soldier): 1d20+10= 23
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:13 am

Daveed is able to gather people to handle the reconstruction of the lost Chapel, and his drills run smoothly.

The group makes it to Kyonin safely and are greeted by ambassadors and Cernandlon's retainers.

If Epicette doesn't speak up, Hermaeus Mora continues:
"Bring those to be sacrificed and I will show you the ceremony. Even some prisoners would do, if it'll ease your meaningless conscience."
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:26 am

I need a Diplomacy check each from Cernandlon, Epicette, and Daveed for the initial diplomatic meeting between the Dresden Delegation and the Kyonin Diplomants to judge how well the diplomatic talks go. As this is a check representing a day of meetings and discussions, Display of Charisma and any buff lasting less than 4 hours doesn't work. Buffs lasting less than 8 hours require 2 uses (essentially refreshed at lunch or during an afternoon recess).

Hermaeus Mora:
Epicette politely excuses herself without commiting to Hermaeus Mora's plan, and spends the evening pondering how to convince the spirit that sacrificing souls is not an acceptable resolution. The next morning sees the dilemma weighing heavily on her, and she finds herself glancing at the strange rolled up scroll(or whatever trunk/safe/container it's stored in) across the room and wondering to the scrolls true nature. When she gets up to go do her morning spirit meditation, she finds that she has strangely already activated the benefits normally gained during the communion.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:09 am

Diplomacy: 1d20+26= 40

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:07 am

Epicette is confused as heck how she randomly activated the communion's abilities without actually... communing. Her last conversation with Hermaeus Mora however, left her not really keen on conversing with him. The spirit clearly has a rather twisted sense of ethics, and unlike Daveed, she's not particularly interested in trying to headbutt against the otherworldly entity. The only thing she knows for sure is that she is NOT giving him souls.

( Diplomacy check for the elves: 14+14 = 28 )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:29 am

The talks start off stiff and fairly cautious by the elves, but Daveed's impassioned speach coupled with some of Epicette's academic answers for how the forge seems to function and allowing an inspection of the converted Wand of Aid have convinced the elves to allow for trade to happen. Epicette is a little upset with how little they are willing to trade, but Cernandlon reassures her that the fact they said yes at all after just one meeting is an impressive feat with the isolationist elves.

The trade deal is as follows:
For the next 16 days, the elven smiths/artisans will get exclusive use of the Redemption Forge (with instructions and mentoring required for operation) one out of every 4 days.

The elves will provide a shipment of wood for each day's use of the Redemption Forge, available either for pickup via teleportation (at your expense), or via a shipping caravan (at elves expense, and will be delayed roughly 1 month).

Your return to Drezen will require you to teleport [max number of passengers for your teleportation+Aravashnial] smiths/artisans before returning and taking your first shipment + Daveed/Cernandlon. The elves will compensate you for this spell with a small but appropriate increase in lumber for the first shipment.

At the end of the 16 days, the elves will negotiate extending and amending the agreement based on a review of the quality of the goods created in the forge.

The shipments are relatively small compared to building fortifications/towns, but should be enough to ensure that you have sufficient doors/shutters/handles. It is not all that you will need, and is not enough for any major works but you are no longer desperately out of it. e.g. You could probably repair the siege engines on top of the towers or build a short bridge but not both. The elves have explained that if they are pleased with the outcome of this trial, the renegotiated amount will be closer to what you need.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:50 pm

The details of trade and economics fly clear over Daveed's head, and he thanks the delegation for its help with the war effort.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Epicette isn't quite happy with the quantity here, but, as Cernandlon spoke about their isolationism, it makes sense to start small on building trust.

So Epicette would definitely accept the deal... she also suggest to the elves that Malorix could serve as an advisor of sorts. He was the one who reclaimed the forge and has been using it since then, and therefore would have the most knowledge to impart on how to best use the forge to its utmost.

She will also arrange with the elves to come by Teleportation on each day the shipments become available to pick up as much as she can. Any remaining can be sent by caravan at their convenience.

Epiceette uses Wild Arcana teleport (CL12) for up to 4 passengers so they could bring back as much as possible.
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:05 am

If Epicette burns all but one use of her wild arcana she will be able to transport the first delivery and bring the required Elven delegates back to Drezen.

Daveed's previous RP with Joran and Staunton ends with Joran pleading gruffly with Staunton to see the error of his ways, Staunton refusing, and Joran declaring that he's done there. As Joran is leaving with you, he states that Staunton is too far down the path of corruption to return and requests the right to perform the execution himself when the time comes. To free himself from his promise.

The next morning, Anevia returns to the keep in the early morning, and quickly has Epicette and Henric, and Aravashnial summoned. When the three of you arrive, in the meeting room, you find a weak and sick thrush sitting on the table beside some berries and seeds and a small dish of water.

"Morning" she starts quickly. "I called you here because while I was scouting to the west, yesterday morning I came across this weak creature who was flying towards Drezen, and kept calling out one word. 'Riftwardens!' One of my scouts was able to confirm that it had some magical connection on it, like a familiar of some kind. I was able to convince it to land and let me bring it here with as much haste as my horse could manage."
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:48 pm

"A wild thrush sings, but it's not capable of actual speech unless it's a familiar..." Epicette approached it, scrutinizing. "I would know. My parents had one."

( Detect Magic spellcraft scan: 10+23 = 33 )
( Knowledge[arcana]: 6+20 = 26 )
( Wisdom 16+0 = 16 )

"Who's your master? And why do you call for the Riftwardens?"
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 pm

The thrush tweets weekly and you hear it say "Ag... Agyen... She... needs... help..."

Epicette knew it seemed familiar before, but at the mention of her surname, her memory clicks, and she recognizes the thrush as her mother's familiar.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:39 am

Epicette blinks again, her calm facade trying to hold on.

"My mother's been gone for ... many years ..." her eyes then widen as she realize the possible implication: "She needed help. Where? When!?"
|

()

Return to “Chapter 3 - Demon's Heresy”