Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:01 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:28 pm

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:44 am

Eager to get his Dawn Guard plans moving forward, Daveed begins searching for a good building to serve as its first chapter house. To this effect, he puts forth 15000gp of his own money towards the purchase (if necessary) of land, the design/construction of a 3-level stone fortress. Ideally, he'd like it to be situated near the bridge to the citadel so that the city's defenders can use it as a fallback point as necessary.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:39 am

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:54 pm

@Aron:

Epicette agrees with Aron that a tunnel allowing evacuation from Paradise Hill to the Citadel would be a good idea; although it should be an isolated tunnel that they can flood (preferably with holy water) to stop demons from following through (because given their infiltration of the Mendevian Crusade, they will know about it). It'll probably be better to store food and water in the Citadel's dungeon directly though; Epicette could use the construction magic to excavate additional room if that's needed.

For the eastern bridge: problem is that the sandstone she can make in large quantity isn't good bridging material (soft stone has much lower weight bearing limitations), and conjured hard stone is very limited. Would need to set up a local quarry to generate the amount of stone supply to create a new bridge as wide as the south one. That being said, it would be possible to create a suspension footbridge now -- not enough for wagons and troops to pass through, but would shorten the distance for the average person who just need to travel in-between. What does Aron think about that?

Mortar and sandstone could be used to repair/reinforce the rickety south bridge though since that already has a good foundation to work on. Adding a some towers/battlements to it should be fairly cheap and doable with conjured granite.

This discussion reminds Epicette to go back into the Citadel's dungeons and check if that unsettling evil feeling has departed from the prison. If not, she talks to Malorix to see what they can do about it (knowledge check?).

@Hermaeus Mora:
Epicette apologies to the spirit. She didn't even realize she left with something that was his. She goes back to the crypt where they met and see about a means of returning it.

@Daveed:
We would need a local quarry set up for building any new fortifications... and so far none has been found within 1 day's distance of Dreznen. The soft stone I work with right now are sufficient for building civilian housing but would collapse fast under any kind of siege weapon fire, and building a fortified keep far exceeds the amount of hard stone we can conjure using Wall of Stone. So in the short term, it's much more feasible to use/expand on existing fortifications.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:13 am

Given the information available, Daveed opts to instead begin refortifying the Lost Chapel.

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:04 pm

Malorix begins looking into the operation of the Purification Forge, with a particular focus on what must be done to sanctify Soulshear, and remodel it to the proper specifications.

(EDIT: Craft: weapons roll 1d20+10=26)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:23 am

As Malorix begins work on Soulshear, the weapon screams out in anguish as it is placed into the holy flames of the Redemption Forge. Eventually the screams die down and the weapon is silent for a while as Malorix continues to work, folding a coating of Cold Iron into the weapon. When he finishes, a new voice seems to spring forth from the blade.

"What... what have you done to me Tiefling?" it asks. (Roll a Sense Motive)
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:41 am

"Apart from an upgrade or two? This was done in what used to be the Corruption Forge, now retooled to work in the other moral direction. All sanctified to Forces of Light and all that. So, how do you feel? Had any complex philosophical thoughts about the way the universe works lately?"

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Epicette:

Aron concedes to your suggestions about the tunnel, and begins drafting up some ways to expand the basement level of the keep to improve storage.

For the eastern bridge stone source: He's not sure, but from some of the local maps/documents he's looked over he thinks there might be some mountains a few days travel to the south west. No telling what kind of creatures are living there though. The notes also mention a lot of fire in that area, so it might not be the best source of hard stone as it might be more porous volcanic rock, but that's the best suggestion he has. He sets to work consulting with Daveed and Irabeth about the battlements/towers for the South bridge.

Aron is still currious if you approve of his plan for the reservoir or the river/stream.

The unsettling evil has been purified from the dungeons. Your clerics came through and blessed the prison, putting the tormented souls to rest.

Hermaeus Mora:
(Passive Know Arcana check passed) :
On your way to the crypt, she thinks back on how she got the scroll, and is surprised she was even able to take it. Maze spells just don't work that way.
A) the spell is supposed to push you and your gear to a pocket dimension, not a specific pre-existing dimension
B) While Maze moves you to that dimension, you and all your gear is still tied to where you left, like pinching the center of a piece of cloth and pulling it through a metal ring. When the spell ends, and the ring disappears (either through you solving the maze, or the magic wearing out) the cloth goes back to the flat sheet. You shouldn't be able to take anything with you.

You make it back to the crypt where you and Millorn first summoned the spirit. The summoning circle is still on the ground, but the bodies have thankfully been cleared and presumably laid to rest somewhere. There is a desk on the far wall with a supply of candles, parchment, and ink indicating that someone has been spending time studying here over the past week.

Daveed:
Your 3 recruits are among the group that arrived and are ready to begin studying under you and establishing the charter for the Guard. Aravashnial approves of your efforts and offers 2 days of his casting to travel to the Lost Chapel with you to help set up your initial fortifications and perform any repairs his magic can accomplish.
You are also able to recruit 2 of the tiefling prisoners whom you feel are genuine and trustworthy enough in their desire to join your order and cause if you would like to take them with you.

Malorix:
"I feel strange. I'm compelled to answer you, and truthfully even. I don't like it. My rage still burns but now it is undirected, as if pointless pain and suffering will no longer give me joy. I don't even crave to see your soul ruined anymore. My powers feel different as well. Its like waking up and the world is upside down and backwards."
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:40 pm

@Aron:
Epicette isn't a geography expert. But from what she remember, even small bodies of water require millions of gallons. It feels like whatever people create is just a drop in the bucket - and casting Create Water over and over for an hour sounds like it'll get tiring (or at least boring) fast. Will really need water decanters first, and it may be better to fill a small, local reservoir before going ambitious and trying to restart the river.

Also, what does he think about the rope bridge idea?

@Hermaeus Mora
Epicette examines the notes to see if she could get any ideas.
Know(arcana) 23; Knowledge(planes) 31
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Daveed begins to make preparations for the re-fortifications of the Lost Chapel (which is really going to need a new name).

He also asks Sosiel to send a magical communication to Kenabres, to inform them of his plans, and a request for a small garrison of crusaders (within the realm of two dozen or so) if they can be spared.

(Are there any major worship centers for Sarenrae in Mendev?)

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:09 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:17 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:21 am

Malorix replies to his new weapon, "You'll get used to the new feeling. And don't you worry, you'll have plenty of direction for that rage soon enough."

He reports his success to the team at their earliest convenience.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Return to “Chapter 3 - Demon's Heresy”