Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Moderator: Squall255

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Postby Laharl » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:36 am

Henric looks aghast at the thought. "You mean they were betrayed? By some of their so-called friends? Can you explain how you arrived at this conclusion?"

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:43 pm

"Not their friends, by the ORDER! Daveed says the demon claims to be feeding on the Riftwardens somehow. I was always currious why they were so secretive with their knowledge. Why they weren't doing more to help fight back against the demons both here and in my home. Their support of the crusade has always been kept hidden and secret. I... had hoped that my thoughts on this were just selfish demand for action, as I never found any proof. Maybe your parents did. Maybe some of that proof is still in these notes somewhere. We just have to find it." He continues to almost manically flip through pages, though he seems to be spending more and more time with each one, looking at a particular tome for almost 5 seconds before putting it down.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:42 pm

Having had two sets of parents who worked in the Riftwardens, Epicette tried her best to keep calm upon hearing this news. Her biological parents were certainly victims but... how much did her adoptive parents know about this? if any?

"Just how deep do you believe this... 'rot' runs? Do you think it's just a faction or branch within the Riftwardens, or are even the main leadership figures involved?"

(also how much notes are we looking at?)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:09 pm

(You are looking at 3 desktops worth of wizarding scrolls, maps, tactics notes, spell books, Some of which is magically protected to appear blurry and unreadable to you. You'd figure about an hour to sort it all if Aravashnial wouldn't argue with you for messing with his 'organized notes')

"I don't know that yet. At least as far as the order in Nerosyan. I would have said Kenabres was fairly free of it while I was there, as the Riftwardens didn't seem to be stopping me from sending my tactical insights back home, but who knows. Maybe they hoped that I would perish in the attack, especially after I fell blinded into that chasm with you."

He seems to have found the section of random notes he was looking for, and motions you over. "Here, look through these. There has to be a clue in them somewhere." He casts a cantrip and the parchment is suddenly legible, though what is on it does not appear to be immediately helpful. The parchment seems to be a friendly letter, but is partially burned and some of the words are missing from the end of each line. (Sense Motive is used to try to decipher any hidden meaning, my ability to write encoded orders is not up to this task, so yay abstraction with dice)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:24 pm

( Sense Motive: 17+19 = 36 )

Also Epicette casts Investigative Mind while she sits down and start looking this stuff over.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:39 am

(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:03 pm

Epicette takes a moment to think about the implications before speaking up to Aravashnial:

"According to this note, our parents went on their mission fully prewarned about an assassin in the area. That doesn't sound like the work of enemy infiltrators who passed faulty orders. The note even goes into rather detail: that the assassin was a servant of Deskari and skilled in the 'Darkened Flame' -- most likely the Blackfire Adepts who are the antithesis of the Riftwarden organization."
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:30 pm

"Forewarned? Let me see that again." he says and holds out his hand for the parchment. Upon looking at it for a few minutes, he seems somewhat relieved. "Oh... oh... I see. Yes. I thought that was just a general warning about the dangers of the worldwound. I will send a message to one of my contacts in the Estrovian Forrest tomorrow for more information on this Blackfire Adept." he says almost apologetically. "Hopefully that will give us at least a name if not a lead to help find out what happened."
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:11 pm

And with that we shall begin with 1 week of downtime around town while you wait for reinforcements.

Everyone please post an ordered list of goals for the week and I will let you know if you need any rolls, and we can schedule any RP sessions needed.

1st thing to happen: Malorix successfully redeems the corruption forge! 5000XP
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:43 am

Henric wants to grab Millorn and go look at those books from the castle for anything interesting.

EDIT: He has lots of spell slots available, but any construction help would probably need to come from mythic power. Henric's acid is a little too potent for smelting steel, after all...

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:51 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:40 am

1. Work with Jestak (Cohort stuff)
2. Follow-up with Joran
3. Begin process of redeeming captured enemy soldiers.
4. Second round with Chorussina (maybe with Aravashnial and/or Epi).
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:55 pm

Malorix has 2 5th level and 3 each for 3rd and 4th level spell slots available. On days with no combat expected, these can be used for construction spells.

Malorix's tasks for the week:

1. See if he can make any headway with those prisoners.
2. Study the workings of the newly purified forge. Possibly enlist the aid of Joran, if Malorix and/or Daveed can successfully redeem him.
3. Assist in construction as needed.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:47 pm

(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:50 pm

(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 3 - Demon's Heresy”