Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Postby Squall255 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:49 pm

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:58 am

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:24 pm

Everyone* gathers in the command tent for the evening meal, and the following reports are made:

Malorix thinks he should be able to convert the corruption forge with a bit of work. (Mechanically: 8 hours of work as though crafting, followed by casting Hallow, then either a Know[Religion] check or a Spellcraft check at -5. Having gone over all the notes for the past 6 hours, Malorix gets +10 on the Know[Religion] check, or +5 on the Spellcraft check.

Aravashnial and Sosiel report that they have identified the weapon Soulshear. The weapon is actually an intelligent item, with the soul of a Babau demon bound inside it. They recommend heavy guard of the weapon until the corruption forge is redeemed, then suggest that Malorix reforge it, as he has the most experience subverting demonic power for the side of good. (It is currently a +2 Transformitive Glaive, + intelligent item specials)

Aron Kir thanks Epicette for her help setting up basic defensive structures this afternoon and for aiding in the design of the water turrets to be placed around town.

The floor is open for the rest of you to give reports of your day if you wish to make them. Specifically, Irabeth asks Daveed what he learned from the prisoners.

*Assume same attendance as this morning's meeting.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:19 pm

(Clarification: Epicette was using her prepared Stone Shape and Wall of Stone spells to perform some repairs on the Dreznen Guard towers)

Epicette suggests they just lock Soulshear in a box packed full with dirt. It can't summon if there's no line-of-sight and no room to summon.

She also requests for Malorix prepare what spell slots he can spare for Stone Shape, Wall of Stone, and Transmute Mud to Rock to help with tower repairs and accumulating construction materials (mentioned this morning, but Malorix was busy). And asks when Irabeth's clergy would be able to mix some quantity of clay and mud.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:19 pm

You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:51 pm

Aravashnial, Sosiel, and Irabeth all look at you closely when you mention Chorussina's possession. Aravashnial is looking somewhat confused, Irabeth and Sosiel are looking worried. Irabeth commands "Tell us what happened with Chorussina, in detail."

By the by, what are you guys doing to keep the prisoners from casting spells?
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:10 am

"One moment I was speaking to her, then it seemed as though some other entity was speaking through her. I don't really know what to make of it, other than it was decidedly brief."

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:55 pm

Sosiel quickly grabs a quill and parchment. "Do you remember what it said? I might be able to cross reference with some of the religious texts we found and get more information on what's happening."
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:13 am

Daveed attempts to recall the exact words of the entity.

(Wisdom: 1d20+1= 14)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Daveed is able to piece together the gist of the conversation, but not the exact wording.

"Something about our gods not having the same influence on the material plane, She mentioned something 'feeding' on the Riftwardens that would be ready soon, and ended with a generic 'My big bad demon army is coming for you'."

At the mention of the Riftwardens, Aravashnial seems to grow very concerned. "What do you mean something feeding on the Riftwardens?" he asks but you are unable to answer him, having thought the comment was intended to instill distrust among you instead of as a hint to what's coming.

"Lady Irabeth, may I be excused? I need to go look through my notes on the past activities of my organization again." He turns to Epicette and Henric. "You two are welcome to join me if you'd like."
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Henric takes him up on the offer. He and Millorn can start going through those books afterwards.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Irabeth says her clerics can probably get started on that tomorrow. Today has been inventorying intel, maps, food, and gear, as well as reorganizing squads.
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:35 pm

Once the meeting is concluded, Malorix gets to work. He commits the time required, and begins the spell needed to cleanse the Forge.

8 hours...

...Knowledge: Religion: 20+12+10=42...

...and a Hallow spell.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:21 am

As it's about the Riftwardens, Epicette agrees to help out Aravashnial when she can, although she seems to be splitting her time between several projects right now.

(so... what does helping him entail?)
(well, I assume Aravashnial sleeps, so I'll be crafting mostly during that period).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:11 pm

Cernandlon, Daveed, and Malorix continue their meeting with Irabeth and the rest of the officers with no further interruptions.

Aravashnial leads Henric and Epicette to his tent, mumbling in an almost panicked pace to himself. When you enter his tent, you see scrolls strewn all around, and over a dozen open tomes. Parchment has been pinned to the tent walls in clusters of notes and drawings that seem to be following some logic that isn't immediately obvious.

"At first I thought the lack of information about your parents mission was due to it being destroyed with Kenabres. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe it wasn't an accident that they didn't return from the Worldwound." he says at a quickened pace, starting to rifle through many of the open books and scrolls, looking at each for less than a second before discarding it on a different desk than the one he picked it up from.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 3 - Demon's Heresy”