CHARACTER CREATION

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

CHARACTER CREATION

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Kintargo, the Silver City, and home to generations of artists and great thinkers is under siege! The devil-ridden government of Cheliax has sent a powerful and influential inquisitor, Barzillai Thrune, to see that the people of Kintargo and their seditious inclinations are finally brought to heel. Enter your heroes: Artists, civil dissidents, or perhaps simple citizens who have been pushed too far. Your characters will soon rise from mere every-persons to the leaders of the greatest rebellion in two generations!

Hell’s Rebels is the newest adventure path from Paizo and focuses on the actions of Kintargo’s rising leaders of the rebellion, as they endeavor to free their city from the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune and the Church of Asmodeus. Using a system similar to that presented for managing kingdoms in the Ultimate Campaign supplement, your characters will take charge of and grow a living, breathing rebellion in Kintargo. You will be responsible for expanding and guiding the organization as forces loyal to the Inquisition and the throne seek to oppose you. Details for how to run the rebellion can be found in the Hell’s Rebels Player’s Guide. Additionally, prospective players may wish to check out Pathfinder Player Companion: Cheliax, Empire of Devils, for additional information on the setting.

One final note: Because the party is expected to be running/coordinating a rebellion, I would recommend you to design your characters with the idea of fulfilling six distinct roles for rebellion leadership set in the Player’s Guide (seriously, READ IT!). They are as follows:

Demagogue

Partisan

Recruiter

Sentinel

Spymaster

Strategist

The specific rules for how these roles function can be found on pages 23-24 of the Player’s Guide. As the PG notes, it is not a requirement that all these roles be filled by PCs. If you are conceptualizing your character someone who is more of an “on-the-ground” sort of person, and not a leader, then don’t feel pressured to do anything else. There will be NPCs to take these roles if not filled by a PC.

With that, let’s move into character generation:

Starting Level: 1
Starting Gold: Max for first level (as dictated by class)
Ability Score Generation: 25 point-buy
Setting: Golarion
Source Materials: Any core products designed for use with the Pathfinder system or the Golarion campaign setting are pretty much fair game. Third-Party materials, with exception to the psionics-related materials presented by Dreamscarred Press, will be approved on a case-by-case basis. When in doubt, ask the GM.

Important: Please use (or a similar variation) for your character sheet.

Traits: Each character will select one campaign trait as presented in the Hell's Rebels Player's Guide, and two additional traits of their choosing.

Gunpowder: Gunslingers and other gunpowder wielding characters are permitted

Variant Paladin Alignment Rules: For the purposes of this campaign, paladins must maintain the same alignment as their chosen deity. For example, a paladin of Sarenrae must maintain a Neutral Good alignment to continue advancing as a paladin. If a paladin’s alignment changes, she retains her class abilities so long as her alignment remains good, and may adopt a new deity matching her shift in philosophy or attempt to atone as per the normal rules. If her alignment shifts to a non-good position, she follows the rules for ex-paladins as per normal. Players wishing to play non-lawful paladins should work with the GM to tailor a code of honor befitting their paladin’s philosophy.

Variant Monk Alignment Rules: Monks may be of any Lawful or Neutral alignment.

Pathfinder Unchained Content: The variant class rules for Barbarians, Monks, Rogues, and Summoners are permitted.

Variant Rules for the Sentinel: Instead of the listed ability listed in the Hell's Rebels Player's Guide, the Sentinel adds one-half of the highest of their INT/WIS/CHA modifiers to all Organization checks. This change had been made to help streamline the rebellion management system.

Go forth. For the rebellion!
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Character Creation

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:55 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:51 am

Character generation rules now available.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:57 am

Important Note: "Unchained" content is currently under GM review.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:25 am

Restricted Content
Samurai and Samurai orders. It's horrible cultural appropriation and we're not doing it.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Update:

Added rules for selecting traits.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:46 pm

More stuff added.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Pathfinder Unchained content has been approved.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Re: CHARACTER CREATION

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:40 am

General request: The plan is to run this game via skype or Teamspeak. So, when you post your character, if you could also post an approximation of a weekly schedule, or at least which night would be best for you.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:36 pm

Update: I adjusted the role of the Sentinel slightly to streamline rebellion management.

Coming Soon:

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Update: I've decided to switch to 25 point-buy. Enjoy.

Active Characters:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Rules”