Xen'drik Advice Column

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Xen'drik Advice Column

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Since I do not know when the players last read any information about Xen'drik (or if ever), and the fact that your characters DO know the basics of adventuring in Xen'drik given company history, here are a few basic tips regarding Xen'drik that should be common knowledge for any adventurer wandering outside Stormreach.

I may add more to this list from time to time in the future. But at the same time, I encourage players to add their own notes based on experience.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Xen'drik Advice Column

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:58 pm

(1) Xen'drik is a wild and untamed continent. Although once the cradle of the giant civilization, two successive wars (first against the Quori, second against the dragons) have shattered the proud civilization that once stood here. Today, Xen'drik is sparsely populated with hardly a permanent settlement in sight for hundreds of miles. Prepare well before entering this merciless land.

(2) Due to the arcane cataclysm that once shattered the continent, Xen'drik is known to have an unusual phenomenon known as the Traveler's Curse. It is an effect that seems to encompass the entire continent, although the deeper one journeys into the continent, the stronger it gets. The curse twists both time and distance -- two parties leaving Stormreach for the same ruin across the exact same path somehow often record different distances and times taken. By the same token, teleportation into the continent is also very unreliable, although teleportation out from the continent (or back to its coasts, i.e. Stormreach) functions normally. There seems to be no logical or magical explanation for this, and it has baffled even the best of Morgrave University researchers to date.

(3) One does not simply walk into Xen'drik. Many of the jungle's fauna are poisonous or even carnivorous. The animals are wild and aggressive. The insects carry deadly diseases. Rare shifting zones in the terrain can instantly change from sweltering jungles to frozen tundras in the span of a few meters. There are hundreds of ways to die from those who enter unprepared.

(4) Although their civilization lie in ruins, small, nomadic bands of giants continued to prowl the jungles in 'barbaric' groups. They may not have the sophistication or arcane power of their ancestors, but their sheer strength is still a force to be reckoned with. They prefer weapons and thrown rocks large enough to crush men whole*. Provoke them at your own discretion.
(*expect their damage output to be significantly higher than any Monster Manual claims)

(5) The drow that inhabits the jungles are intensely territorial. Although generally inactive during the day, they revel in the darkness of night and subterranean environments. They prefer ranged engagements using their superior darkvision from carefully chosen (or prepared) positions. They also make judicious use of poison and spells to weaken and incapacitate. Do not underestimate them for being 'barbaric', as these dark elves are undoubtedly masters in the art of ambush.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Threads”