Mission 4 - Lost Shipment (Feb 16)

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 4 - Lost Shipment (Feb 16)

Postby Kadi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Leah orders the construct to keep trying to hit the nearest foe [in the tunnel, if applicable, otherwise AV25].

Attack: 1d20 + 12 = 19.
Damage: 1d6 + 10 = 15.

Leah herself keeps Surge Blasting the officer, unsure if this is all of the drow forces. She refocuses right after.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 = 15 vs touch.
Damage: 2d6 = 8 force.

Effects:
Force Screen (AC +4, 27 rounds)
4th-level Astral Construct (+4 AC, 5 rounds)
[/quote]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:34 am

Adoett's Flame Aura (4 rounds remaining):
Damage: 5d6=22 Fire damage, Reflex DC 16 for half to all creatures that end their turn in his space, or adjacent to him.

He yells at Ogre 1: "Get behind the Drake! I got this!" before slashing into the Drow due south of him (AQ24).

Ideally he'd like to ready to move 5ft south and plant his shield (free + move action) after the ogre GTFOs, but I don't think I can ready that, so I will just plant shield (Mobile Bulwark) for total cover from both edges of AQ23.

Attack: 1d20+7 = 23
Damage: 2d6+5 =14
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:17 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Gorin grins devilishly at the drow who stepped up next to him, but felt an awkward pulse though his body as his shifting ended and his muscles were suddenly less "swole". He resolved to continues singing

(5ft step back/pull out spear, attack vs. nearest drow, continuing raging song
1d20+7= 18; 1d8+6= 13)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Ahz fires the springal at square AW21 (should hit DO and 2 drow outside the tunnels, I think everything else in the dotted-line-bordered-area I made is inside the tunnels)

(Attack Roll: 1d20+13 = 31)
(Damage: 3d8+1 = 11)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:41 pm

Goodberry spends 5PP to heal 9HP to 3 targets (27 HP total), and sends 15 to Adoett, and 12 to the Ogre.

Goodberry: 37/37 HP,7 Nonlethal 14/40PP

Adoett: 29/38 HP
Ogre1: 21/40HP by my math.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Both Adoett and Ogre1 suddenly look much better as Goodberry's healing is shared among them. (OgreHP is correct)

Ahz's Springal volley hammers strikes its intended target. DO took only light wounds thank to the defending bone blocking some shots. However, 2 of the drow in the rear and 1 just inside the walls were killed by the downpour of arrows, while 3 of those atop the walls took heavy damage.

Gorin's attack grazes off the drow's breastplate. Although by this point, he could tell that the drow warriors' morale was beginning to break after their heavy casualties.

Gr1 shoots and kills one of the drow atop the walls who had been injured by Ahz's Springal volley.

A badly injured gnoll overseer moves into view from the northeast, having retreated back from the north tower. He takes control of the Firedrake and readies the shot. With bloody vengeance in his eyes he cries to Adoett: "step back!"

The DO points towards the central Keep and calls down a beam of to illuminate the Keep's NE corner, where the force bolt emerged last round to strike him. It served as a signal for the 4 drow outside the walls, who sent in a volley of arrows. As Ahz had moved back to fire the Springal, it was Goodberry whom -- looking over the battlefield -- ended up being the unfortunate target.

All 4 arrows struck him one after another, dealing (11 + 7 + 12 + 13 = 43 piercing/magic damage) and lighting him up with Faerie Fire (although this didn't matter as he dropped unconscious behind the protective battlements).

( next: Leah, Adoett )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Goodberry is at -6/37 and has 7 nonlethal (so needs at least 7 healing to become conscious)

Adoett moves out of the way of the Firedrake, waits for it to fire, and then will move(via a readied action triggering on "firedrake finishes firing") up to either the nearest enemy, or the tunnel entrance, whichever is closest.

Flame Aura: 5d6 = 22 fire damage DC 16 Reflex for half to any creature that ends it's turn adjacent to Adoett. (this is round 3 of 5 for this effect)
(|)
(|)

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:19 pm

Same old, Leah orders the construct to batter more drow.

Attack: 1d20 + 12 = 14.
Damage: 1d6 + 10 = 12.

Feeling Goodberry's telepathic network go down, Leah decides the commanding drow must die. Channeling energy around her [Wild Surge], Leah reaches out to shred its mind [Mind Thrust], and won't take no for an answer:

Persistent Mind Thrust: 5PP +2 (Surge): 5d10 = 28 vs mind. 2 Will-saves save (Persistent Power).
Enervation Roll: 1d20 = 1 => Lose another 5PP + Dazzled, 2 rounds.

Maybe you shouldn't channel volatile extra energy when you're upset over a comrade in arms going down. The energy burns through Leah's veins, taking even more than she got extra, and leaving her dazzled for a few moments. She still manages to restore the bit of Psionic Focus she just used.

Effects:
Force Screen (AC +4, 26 rounds)
Dazzled (Attack -1, Perception (Sight) -1, 2 rounds)
4th-level Astral Construct (+4 AC, 4 rounds)
[/quote]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:58 pm

The astral construct swings at the drow in the tunnel... and misses.

For a brief second, DO looked as if it withstood Leah's Mind Thrust, but then the persistent power plows through the drow's mental reserves and lash into its mind (nat20 save followed by nat2). The drow leader's eyes rolled into his head as he collapsed like a doll with its strings cut.

The gnoll overseer slams the trigger as soon as Adoett steps aside. The Firedrake roars, and a gush of flame swallows 5 of the drow inside the walls. 2 of them were lit on fire, and they ran about screaming for a few seconds before dropping dead; a 3rd drow ran out of the tunnels in a similar state before burning to death. 3 others were badly burned by the flames, and any remaining will to fight shattered.

Adoett then moves back up to the remaining drow.

The gnolls behind Gorin unleash another crossbow volley against the remaining drow on the walls, but proved largely ineffective as only a single bolt struck one of the warriors.

With their morale shattered, the drow warriors began retreating. The archers outside vanished back into the darkness, while those inside the walls all rushed to evacuate through the tunnels.

( free attack of opportunity for Adoett and the Astral Construct )

( everyone feel free to take 1 more round of actions before dropping out of combat order )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Gorin immediately storms to the central tower to heal his brother.

(Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+5= 12)

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Ahz shifts to Goodberry and casts Repair Light Damage on the fallen warforged.
(1d8+5 repair = 12 repair)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Goodberry wakes up from Ahz's repairs, and was further boosted when Gorin arrives atop the tower ~30secs later.

Gr1 kills an extra drow as they retreated from the walls. The remaining 8 warriors vanish into the night. After a few moments, he calls over to Adoett and the overseer: "I count 23 drow bodies!"

The gnoll overseer spoke to the other laborers around the Firedrake for a moment, before turning to Adoett:

"Well that's all of the Firedrake ammo," he kicked the now useless piece of artillery. "Looks like y'all were pretty successful here fending them off. Wish I could say the same -- that Black Tentacle spell and their archers killed all three of my boys in the north tower. Only I got away, barely," he nursed the two broken-off arrow shafts in his shoulder. "Seems like y'all choice to defend the courtyard and not the wall was the right call."

"You have a healer with you right?"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 pm

"We do." He says, before noting the unfortunate state of his tree-like friend.

"Give us a moment to assess our healing reserves."

Gorin heals Goodberry again.

(Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+5= 9)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Prelim post, will be edited for more thorough healing tonight.

After the Repair and the first Cure spell, Goodberry is at 14 HP with no non-lethal.
He then reaches over to Ahz and does a Transfer Wounds
2d6+5 = 9+5=14 sending 9 to Adoett and 5 to the Ogre. Goodberry takes the 9 nonlethal.

Then Gorin's second Cure goes off, bringing Goodberry up to 21/37 with 2 nonlethal.

Goodberry then drops Ahz (full HP afaik) from the network and adds the Overseer.

Goodberry uses 2 Transfer Wounds on the Overseer, sending overflow to the Ogre:
8+5 = 13 healed, Goodberry at 10 nonlethal
5+5=10 healed, Goodberry at 15 nonlethal

Goodberry then spends 2 turns manifesting Natural Healing at 1PP from cognizance crystals to heal himself 3HP each cast, 6HP total
He then spends 3PP from his inherent COgnizance Crystal to manifest Natural Healing at 3PP healing the Overseer and the Ogre for 6 each, sending Overseer overflow to the Ogre.

Current status:
Goodberry: 27/37 HP, 9 nonlethal, 14/40 PP remaining, no cog crystals remain, 2 Transfer Wounds left
Adoett: Full HP 15/22PP, 1PP cog crystal
Overseer: 29/??
Ogre: 32/40

He will also call for any drow who are bleeding out to be stabilized and brought to him. Or him to them, he doesn't care which. From there he will Steal Health to drain the last reserves into his group, this only works if the drow in question are at least level 3 and have a CON score.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Game Threads”