Mission 4 - Lost Shipment (Feb 16)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Mission 4 - Lost Shipment (Feb 16)

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 pm

(Gorin lay's claim to one of the Breastplates and one of the composite bows.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:20 am

"They... ambushed us", the woman, who was obviously Shurya to Ahz's eyes, replied dryly as though it should have been obvious. "T-the first ambush was a setup. They knew someone would come investigate. They wanted to lure someone in... they wanted..."

Tears began to roll onto her cheeks as she began to sob.

"I-I'm sorry. I couldn't take it; the pain had been too much." She looked down on her trembling hand, and you notice that several of her fingers were bloody at the ends because the nails had been pulled out.

"I told them everything they wanted to know... about the mining facility, our personnel, our schedule, our wards. Everything."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:18 am

After draining the remaining Drow, Goodberry checks her health () and uses a Transfer Wounds if she is still below 1/2 HP. If still below 1/4 after the first Transfer, he uses a second.

First Transfer Wounds:
2d6+5 = 4+5 = 9, Goodberry takes 4 nonlethal

Second TW:
2d6+5 = 10+5 = 15, Goodberry takes 10 nonlethal

"Well, if we kill them all, then it won't matter what you told them." he says flatly, as though it was obvious.

Adoett chimes over the telepathic net "This was just a scout outpost, not the main base. I doubt command would be caught as unawares."*

*Adoett intends this to be sort of chiding Goodberry for overstating the groups power, and doesn't realize that Shurya will hear his comments as well.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:40 pm

Gorin walked over the woman, knelt down, and began to wrap bandages around her fingers.

"You survived, and you're stronger for it. Because you survived, we may be able stop them before they do worse. There is honor in that. Take heart."

(Diplomacy to "improved morale", I guess: 1d20+7= 25)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Goodberry took turns draining the health from the bleeding-out Drow and sent it to Shurya. One by one, her cuts and gashes began to fade as she was returned to health. After the second Transfer Wound, it was clear that her body had been repaired of everything that could be conventionally.
(the rest would require ability damage healing: you notice she has incurred STR, DEX, and CON damage)

Shurya seemed to take solace in Gorin's words as she swallowed and closed her eyes. A few deep breaths seemed to relax her a little, though as she heard Adoett she had to respond:

"I-I kept warning Kurn that these drow are anything but stupid barbarians; this trap is proof of that. Their home bases are deep underground, far too dangerous for any but the most well-prepared campaign. These..." her words failed her in trying to describe her tormentors. "My drow (language) isn't very good, but I think they were waiting for their leader to return in greater numbers. You arrived before them... so perhaps we still have a chance," there was a desperate hope in her gaze.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Ahz pulls out his pocket watch and mulls things over for a few moments, thinking through this new information. "Your Drow isn't very good, but mine is still surprisingly decent for how long its been since I used it regularly. I can help you recall what they said if you're willing," he explains, "If you can remember what they said then I can translate it."

(Diplomacy to convince, if needed: 1d20+15 = 21)
(Diplomacy to hypnotize: takeHighest(2d20)+15 = 23)

(string of swearing at RNG goes here)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:26 pm

"Calm your mind. We'll be right here." Gorin says, holding the women's hands.

(Gallant Inspiration: 2d4= +5 to Ahz's result).

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Shurya nods before Ahz puts her under hypnosis, and waits a moment before she begins voicing the Drow words she heard. Her prounciation is terrible, either because she's not a good speaker or because her state of mind wasn't very clear, but it's roughly enough for Ahz to translate some of it:

"Take the wounded and [garble]. I must report to [can't make out]."
"What should we do with the female?"
"Do not spoil her. She may yet be of use."
"Understood."
"We'll be back in two days. Rest up before then. We attack after midnight. Unless [something about displeasure]."
"What then?"
"Kill her and return to base."
|

()

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:00 am

Digesting the new information that Shurya was able recall with the help of the hypnosis, Ahz scribbles some notes in his notebook. "Koko, can you make sure Shurya gets back to Stormreach safely?"

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:29 am

"Sure," Koko nodded in confidence. "I may not be much in a fight. But I can sure keep us out of trouble."

Shurya was still recovering from the hypnosis as she realized what Ahz was set on:

"I wish I can come with you but... I know I'm just deadweight at this stage. But... listen, when I get back I will have Kurn know what's at stake. He may be stingy but even he knows that the higher-ups will get cross if he loses the mine. I'll make sure he assembles good men tonight."

"The dragonshard mine has been attacked before. The security detail has spent years fortifying it. It is a well-prepared position, even with..." that shameful look returned, "what I've told them. The security team might be lost from the ambush, but there are still over two dozen laborers out there, mostly gnolls but also several ogres. If you can organize a defense and hold out until dawn, Kurn's reinforcements should, will arrive."

"I don't have my signet ring to give you but Ahz... you're a Velderan. Let the overseer know whose boss."
|

()

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:53 am

Goodberry checks Shurya's mobility, trying to gauge how wounded she still is (Checking Dex ability damage): Heal 1d20+12 = 16+12=28

If she has 2 or more points of Dex damage, he spends 5PP to remove 2 points via
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:26 pm

"So we have to defend a position against an indeterminate number of drow with nothing but ourselves and riffraff? This is turning out better than expected!" The challenge of the whole endeavour is speaking to the thrill-seeker inside Leah. The prospect of bloodshed did speak to the bloodthirsty monster in her, too, but Leah refused to let that be her only guiding principle. Even if it was a bonus.

"Are we just going to let them come to us hunkering down, or would you be up for a couter-raid on their advance parties? If we get to the mines in time to pull it off and all," Leah addresses her companions.
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Gorin took a few minutes to change into his new breastplate armor remaking that the spider motif, "wasn't really his style." Afterwards, he offered his darkleaf armor to Shurya, insisting she would need it more than his backpack.

"I vote we go to the mines and see what we have to work with."

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Adoett: "I agree with Gorin. We should see what kinds of traps we can set first. Attacking too pre-emptively may heighten their caution, which can cause traps to fail. On the other hand, a pre-emptive attack against them might cause them to delay or reconsider. We don't have to defeat them, just hold out long enough for reinforcements. If Koko and Shurya are good to head out, I think the rest of this can be discussed over Goodberry's Grove-link while we walk. Lets go take some inventory."
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:41 pm

"We should go to the mines first and inform the supervisor of what we've learned. If he doesn't listen, I'll just have to remind him of his place in the Tharashk bureaucracy," Ahz adds, holding up his own Velderan signet ring.

Return to “Game Threads”