Mission 3 - Sword Hunt (Feb 10 - Feb 15)

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 3 - Sword Hunt

Postby skychan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:05 am

Dr. Goodberry doesn't have much else since he didn't seem to find out anything at the nearby clinics. He offers to stay nearby for the psycrystal depositing job to keep everyone in telepathic communication if they want.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:09 pm

The Psicrystal is a simple thing. It can move around on its own (slowly), it can perceive what goes on around it, and with its small size it can hide very well. Opening doors and such is rather difficult though. Thus, it only needs to be hidden somewhere it can get out of again on its own. It can walk up walls, though.
Stormreach Company: ( / )

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:17 pm

(Sorry for the delays; fell sick right after the business trip and been coughing up a storm >_<)

As Goodberry stays nearby to provide telepathy to the scouts, Leah and Koko checked out the building.

Leah assumes the form of a child -- a sight not uncommon to the dock district -- and managed to scout around the house without drawing much suspicion. (info already given in previous post).

Koko tries to get to one of the easier 2nd story windows, but fails to climb up the walls. She tries her hand at one of the first story windows, but fails to unlock it from the outside. She does however manages to not draw any attention and notices that most of the rooms inside are dark, with their doors closed. Only a few rooms are opened to the hallway, where one person sat to keep watch. The only other noise of someone being present came from the north side of the 2nd story. Furthermore, there's very little stuff in any of the rooms; they mostly seem empty. It certainly doesn't seem like they're setting up any sort of company, and they're certainly not refurbishing the house at the moment.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Koko circles back to Leah to share findings over lunch, giving an overview first before discussing things. "Well don't I feel silly now. Window's AND wall resisting me?" 'he' shakes his head sadly. "Its a travesty and a shame. I think coming back at night is almost a requirement now. We could set your crystal against the wall and let it climb by itself but that might get it caught. I've been meaning to ask, could we paint it, give it some camouflage or does it need to stay clear and all shiny?"

GM Edit: the whole group can be considered there at lunch; feel free to share ideas on how to proceed.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:20 pm

Goodberry suggests "Maybe we try to bait them into opening a window? You said there was someone on watch. let the crystal climb up near one of the windows, and then put on a child guise and throw some rocks, maybe break one of the windows with a thrown rock. When the guard sticks his head out the window to yell at you, the crystal could sneak in over his shoulder through the top of the window? Downside: your going to want to use a different disguise for the next few weeks. Upside: you get to break some things. And there would already be some other rock like objects inside the room, so the psycrystal might not necessarily look out of place. Just another rock you threw."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:09 pm

"We could observe them for a bit. Maybe learn who's on look out when? Hit 'em while they're sleeping?"
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:34 pm

"Observation is something I can handle. Do you want scouting or stationary sensors?"

(Mind Eye and Watchful Focus implement powers can work here)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:30 pm

( Since nobody else is posting for now... update! )

As no further action was agreed upon, the building was put under observation for the moment. There didn't seem to be much activity inside, until around dusk when two people returned from elsewhere in town, both looking mentally tired. After the night turned dark, two men popped back out to -- take a stroll? -- at the perimeter of the building. Trailing them with Mind's Eye, Ahz could hear them having a conversation is distinctively rural Brelish accent. The contents itself was mostly inane -- the two simply came out to stretch their legs after they've been bored inside the whole day. The only snippet that caught your attention was:

"How long we gonna have to stay inside all day watching this place?"
"Until we get new orders on just what it is we're doing with this little outpost, I guess."
"We're not even on the right continent! Who cares about Xen'drik!"
"Yea well, I'm sure the bosses have something in mind. Probably."

The two of them soon went back inside, however.
Based on the lighting, most of them stayed on the north side of the upper floor at night.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:14 pm

The information is good enough for Leah to suggest raiding the place next night. They're Brelish, they're shady, they're probably not gonna be missed either way and the lady wants some fun.

That would leave the actions for the day... do we leave some people to keep watch just in case? Or is the risk of being discovered too big for no real gain?
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:33 pm

Goodberry ponders for a moment and asks how far out Leah can stay in contact with her psicrystal, and suggests leaving it to watch the front door. He then suggests Ahz use some of his magics to keep track of anyone leaving from a rear entrance to keep count and make sure they are all in the building that evening.

For the assault, he suggests posting Koko at the back door to catch anyone trying to flee after we begin our attack. Gorin, Leah, Adoett, and Ahz would lead the initial assault, possibly from the front door, while Goodberry stayed behind at the front door to catch anyone trying to flee that way. He will also be monitoring everyone's vitals and providing healing as necessary. Gorin and Koko could potentially trade places if they want, but Goodberry suspects that Gorin's spellcasting will be more useful in the initial assault due to potentially being able to control motions.

I can also cast a spell that will keep everyone coordinated, but it only lasts 30 seconds (5 rounds) and everyone has to be within 30ft of me when I cast it.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:41 am

Gorin thinks Goodberry's plan is a sound one.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:20 am

After further pondering, Goodberry also offers that we could try to talk our way in with new orders. He can boost our party's charisma with +4 enhancement, and he and Gorin should know enough of the brelish callsigns from our time in the military to help bluff our way in.
(|)
(|)

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:44 pm

Koko loves this plan and grins broadly. "I think it will work, it's a good plan, and I'm also glad to see you lot have a fine appreciation for where my skills will and won't be useful. I probably am not the best choice for a frontal assault. As for the rest of it let me see..." She considers what is in and around the area before adding additional thoughts about the plan.

knowledge local (roll 13+8=19)

Edit, additional thoughts.

"Although, are you sure you want to masquerade as members of the Brelish government when infiltrating a group of anti-government folk? I mean, I may not have faced this exact situation before, but while you may be able to talk your way in, pretending to be part of the government they want to tear down probably isn't the best way to go about it. Now if you had some half remembered codes from your time fighting the government that might be different." Yes, yes that IS a shit eating grin on her face.

Return to “Game Threads”