Mission 3 - Sword Hunt (Feb 10 - Feb 15)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 3 - Sword Hunt

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:24 pm

Adoett and Leah hears the invisible guy struggling to open the back door, failing to do so, and cursing as he slams against it. The crickety door buckles a little under the weight but holds on.

(back to the party)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby skychan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:59 pm

Koko does her best to stay hidden, and gather up a fist full of dirt/dust if there is some in easy reach, the dustier the better. 'There is one at a back window, and one trying the back door, I will need help if I need to stop someone invisible getting past me with sniper support.' That done she lays in wait, getting ready to find out if dust/dirt cloud plus wet target is enough to help her spot an invisible fleeing man or not.

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kadi » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Not seeing anything come back (and the rattling from the back door), Leah and her Construct head towards it, trying to get to the spook before he might break through the door with brute force.

[Move Leah to AB21]
[Surge Blast the outline of a person at the backdoor: 1d20 + 5 = 18 vs touch. 2d6 = 6 force damage.]
[Move Astral Construct to Y22]
[Attack Spook: 1d20+12 = 18. 1d6+10 = 15 smash damage]

Annoyed at not properly seeing her enemy, Leah sends over the telepathic network: 'Any invisibility counter-measures around? I'd even take some handfuls of flour or salt by now.'

=>Astral Construct: HP 47/47, AC 26, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +1, 4 rounds remaining
=>Active Buffs: Force Screen, +5 Shield Bonus to AC, 6 minutes 3 rounds remaining
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Leah's force blast soars through the air and hits... the door, blasting a hole through it and leaving a large crack right down the center.

The astral construct's appendage, however, smashes into something invisible just inside the door, and Leah can hear the sound of bones cracking and a pained yell as it makes contact.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:56 pm

Dr. Goodberry double moves to the corner around from the invisible person.

Adoett, hearing that everything seems to be ok on this floor begins trying to make his way up the stairs, hopefully positioning his shield to grant him total cover as he walks up the stairs. (Move action 1:40ft move speed, assuming Squeezing rules due to ceiling height drops me to 20ft movement. I hope the stairs are less than 20ft. Move action 2: Deploy shield for total cover) "I'll see if I can find that sniper you're worried about."

Adoett Will Save: 7+5 = 12
Last edited by Squall255 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:32 am

Gorin moves up with the half-giant.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:58 pm

( moves Ahz up behind Gorin; he still has an extra partial action if he wants to take )

Adoett moves up the stairs. As soon as his foot meets the 2nd floor landing, a hidden rune inscribed onto the floor lights up, and Adoett collapses onto the floor as a sudden wave of drowsiness washes over him.

( second floor on map updated with new info )

Gorin could hear faint footsteps in the room directly above him. He estimates three occupants at least. They moved quietly, but they're definitely getting ready.

The soaked-and-shimmering invisible guy downstairs rams the door again and smashes the cracked door open. He then squeezes through and moves outside, clearly intending to flee the house. None of the caltrops Koko planted manage to good angle to pierce his boots though.
( Leah's Astral Construct receives a free AoO )
( as before, his exact position can be pinpointed with an active Perception check [move action] )
|

()

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:22 pm

'Watch for the caltrops on your way out the door if you chase him' Koko thinks to the others, including how she left a careful strip clear if you stay pressed against the wall but that the rest of the area there has been trapped. That first precaution done she tries to draw enough of a bead on the invisible man to shoot him with her handcrossbow, her hand full of dusty dirt ready for when/if the person stumbles close enough to throw it in their face.

Perception 1d20/19 +9 = 28
Shooting 1d20/4 +8 = 12
Damage 1d4/4 = 4

Dex bonus to rolls currently +5 from Animal Affinity

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:53 pm

[Construct AoO: 1d20 + 12 = 14. ... *sob*]

Seeing the outline rush into the night, Leah squints her eyes and looks after it.

[Perception: 1d20 + 13 = 30]

Seeing their target outside at the edge of what she can reach with her powers, Leah takes a step forward [5ft move], taps into the energy around her again and launches a spike of ectoplasmic crystal

[Crystal Shard, 3PP+Surge 2 for 5PP, ML 7, 40ft range. Attack: 1d20 + 5 = 22 vs touch. Damage: 5d6 = 16 piercing]
[Enervation Roll: 1d20 = 14 > 3. Safe.]

For good measure, she sends her Construct after it as well, trying to box it in against the wall [or provoking an AoO]. The Caltrops Koko thankfully warned about won't affect it anyway.

[Move Construct to S22. Attack: 1d20 + 12 = 25. Damage: 1d6+10 = 13]

=>Astral Construct: HP 47/47, AC 26, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +1, 3 rounds remaining
=>Force Screen, +5 Shield Bonus to AC, 6 minutes 2 rounds remaining
=>Surging Euphoria: +1 Attack, Damage, all saves, 2 rounds remaining

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:00 pm

Koko spots the invisible outline and fires an arrow, but it was either dodge or simply missed the blur.

Leah also makes out the position of the invisible guy. Her ectoplasmic crystal cuts deep into the target, spilling blood onto the outer wall. The target is clearly bleeding heavily and on the verge of death.

The astral construct swipes through the air and makes contact with nothing.

( Ahz and Gorin remaining )
|

()

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Staff drawn and readied, Ahz moves to keep up with Gorin.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:48 pm

Gorin continues to follow Adoett up the steps, he also relays what he hears over the tele-com.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:25 am

Gorin moves around the bend in the stairway, and notice a huge Adoett lying unconscious on top of the stairs.

Limbing and dripping blood onto the ground, the invisible blur staggers west along the wall (provoking another AoO from the Astral Construct along the way)

( everyone is up again )
|

()

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:26 am

[Construct AoO: Attack 1d20+12 = 28. Damage: 1d6+10 = 14]

[If that took the person down:] The construct grabs the downed foe and moves the body towards the broken door, trying to get it inside. [AC has 25 Strength, 40ft move]

[If that didn't take the persown down:] The construct follows the shape and tries to hit it again.
[Move AC to P22]
[Attack: 1d20+12 = 23. Damage: 1d6+10 = 15]

Meanwhile Leah recharges the focus in her psicrystal [move action] and heads for the stairs [Move leah to AC16]. The hunt wasn't over.

[Please update the map for the Astral Construct, depending on the case? Thank you.]

=>Astral Construct: HP 47/47, AC 26, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +1, 2 rounds remaining
=>Force Screen, +5 Shield Bonus to AC, 6 minutes 1 rounds remaining
=>Surging Euphoria: +1 Attack, Damage, all saves, 1 round remaining

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:43 pm

Koko tosses her handful of dust and dirt onto the invisibleish person around the corner and loading a hand crossbow points it relatively in that persons direction. "Surrender or be killed, it really is your choice."

Intimidate roll 6+9=15

Return to “Game Threads”