Mission 3 - Sword Hunt (Feb 10 - Feb 15)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 3 - Sword Hunt

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:48 am

Koko barely see the head of AS1 through the window, and her arrows land on the outside wall. The limited window space is afford those inside a lot of cover.

Gorin just barely manages to land a swipe of his claws on CB, tearing some flesh out of his shoulder.

CB takes a step away from Gorin, muttering 'f'ing glitter'. He yells at the blinded AS1 "just throw your alchemicals towards the doorway!", before he casts Cause Fear on Gorin
( needed: Will save vs Fear )

( next: Goodberry, Adoett )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:21 am

Goodberry spends a move action trying to assist Ahz's movement. "I have you Ahz." to ensure he doesn't walk into a wall or down the stairs. He then manifests Natural Healing for 5PP targeting both Ahz and Gorin, shifting 3 of Gorin's healing to Ahz.

Net: Ahz gets 12 healing, Gorin gets 6.

Goodberry PP: 16/40

Adoett: Adoett squeezes through the doorway, and then positions his shield to protect against AS2's next bow attack. (Ideally, using Mobile Bulwark to block the edges of AA38 as opposed to having to choose between AA-AB38 vs AA37-38. If I do have to choose, I choose AA-AB38)

Goodberry AC: 21 (10+4Armor+2Shield+4Dex+1Natural)
Adoett AC: 22 (10+5Armor+6Shield+2Dex-1Size)

Goodberry Buffs:
+4 Enhancement STR
+4 Enhancement DEX

Adoett Buffs:
Expansion
+4 Enhancement STR
+4 Enhancement DEX
Inertial Armor +5
Called Weapon +1
Weapon of Awe

Party current HP:
Gorin: Max - 16 +6 = Max - 10
Leah: Max-15+8 = Max - 7
Ahz: Max -11-13 + 12 = Max - 12
Koko: Max
Adoett: Max
Goodberry: Max
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:32 am

Grasping the corner he's at, AS1 takes out a vial and throws it down, impacting far up the wall on the right side of the doorway (at AB36). The glass shatters as an intense burst of light fills the room.
( Adoett gets an eyeful [nat1] and is Blinded for 1rnd )

AS2 shoots an arrow at Gorin but somehow hits the ceiling instead.

( next: Leah, Gorin, Ahz, Koko )
( need from Gorin: Will vs Fear; just post action as normal and I'll adjust if needed. )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:32 am

The magic seems to wash harmlessly over Gorin; instead of looking horrified, he lets forth a booming, primal roar, and lashes towards his foe with all four of his claws.

(Will vs. Fear: 1d20+9= 29

5ft step towards CB

Attack 1: 1d20+9= 22; 1d4+6= 9[magic, slashing]
Attack 2: 1d20+9= 19; 1d4+6= 7[magic, slashing]
Attack 3: 1d20+9= 17; 1d4+6= 9[magic, slashing]
Attack 4: 1d20+9= 25; 1d4+6= 8[magic, slashing]

If 2+ attacks hit:

Rend: 2d4+8= 12)

GM: In his fury, Gorin lands two of his swipes, before catching hold of CB and tearing his right arm off, leaving the leader screaming in excruciating pain.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kadi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:04 am

Leah moves into the doorway [Move Z36], assesses the situation in the room before reaching out for the energy surrounding her once more and blasting the mind of the enemy by the window.

[Surged against AS2. 5PP +2Surge +Persistent => 5d10 = 36 (7/3/6/10/10. The F!?), 2 successful Will saving throws negate]
[Enervation Roll: 1d20 = 3. Ouch.]

The power goes off fine, but the backlash of using foreign energy takes a strain on Leah's eyes and she has to spend some of her own energy to calm the flow again. [I'd like to RP/fluff it as the energy gained by Surging messing with Leah's Penumbra Bracelet which fixes her "Dazzled" by bright light from being a Dhampire, if that's okay. Mechanically it stays the same, of course, even on the off chance that Leah doesn't wear the bracelet]

Active Effects:
Force Disc: +5 shield AC. Lasts long enough.
Surging Euphoria: +1 morale bonus to attack, damage, all saves. Not renewed since Enervation => Lasts 1 round.
Dazzled x1. -1 to attack and sight-based Perception checks. Lasts 2 rounds.
Last edited by Kadi on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormreach Company: ( / )

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Koko just shakes her head, grateful that she at least isn't expected to be some sort of combat machine, after all she contributes to the group with her brain and good looks, several different variations of them in fact, so rather than continue to prove just how outclassed she is at this whole fighting thing she simply knocks another bolt and stands ready.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:51 pm

( @Kadi: yeah that's fine; also gosh your enervation basically doesn't affect you )

Just like TH in the hallway, AS2 also collapses as though his strings had suddenly been cut, blood oozing from his ears and nose as the psionic assault destroyed his mind.

Bleeding all over, missing an arm, and trembling as his comrades(underlings) were slaughtered one after another, CB kneels onto the ground: "I surrender! What do you people even want from us!?"

( assuming Ahz isn't doing anything different due to blindness. Please correct if not the case )
( next up: Goodberry, Adoett )
|

()

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:27 pm

[I lose my manifester level in PP, too... for now. Equipment lowering enervation chance + Enervation Fortitude feat, here I come! ... some day.]

Hearing the surrender, Leah gets the idea they might get some information out of the guy, maybe earning them a bonus... before killing him anyway, of course. That's what the job was, after all."

'I'd like to try and milk him for some information, if you don't mind?' Leah asks over the telepathic network. 'Anybody want to be the bad guard to my good guard?' Meanwhile she was wondering who'd come up with that turn of phrase. There were only bad guards in this cesspool of a city.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:23 am

Adoett takes the challenge to heart. "We're here to collect your bill for the Wayward Lobster. A drop of blood for each drop of ale spilled, and a pound of flesh for each pound of meat you Brelish so carelessly knocked on the floor." he says pointing his carving knife at the one who surrendered.

Meanwhile, Goodberry takes the moment to Transfer Wounds from Ahz to Goodberry.
2d6+5 = 12 healed, take 7 nonlethal. Ahz is back at Max HP! 17 HP of healing still needed.

"Don't kill them too fast, We still have wounds to treat." Goodberry requests over the telepathy network.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:44 am

AS1 declares "screw this!" and drinks a potion. He turns invisible, though you can still clearly see where he is thanks to Ahz' glitter. Groping along the wall, he moves towards the window and opens it.

( next: Leah, Gorin, Ahz, Koko )
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:52 am

(Oops, sorry, it sounded cool and bad-guard ish so I went for it. Too over the top I guess.)
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Sensing there is about to be an escape, Gorin surges toward AS1 with the fury of a tempest.

(charge+pounce at AS1:

1d20+9= 20; 1d4+6= 8
1d20+9= 23; 1d4+6= 9
1d20+9= 13; 1d4+6= 10
1d20+9= 27; 1d4+6= 6 [all magic slashing]

Rend: 2d4+8= 16!)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:31 pm

( ...as GM realizes there's no longer a need to stay in combat order... )

Gorin lands three out of four claw strikes and tears the blinded assassin apart, sending a bloody arm out of the window in the process.

CB squeals in fright as he watches the gruesome execution. He begs on the ground, cowering: "please don't kill me; I'll give you what you- anything you need!"
|

()

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:38 pm

"Oh that sounds positively lovely," Leah gives the last survivor a radiant smile. "I'm sure there will be no need for my associates," Leah waves and the gigantified Adoett and the rather bloody shifter who just ripped a man to shreds in seconds, "to get involved."

[Uhhh... Diplomacy to improve attitude. 1d20 +12 = 14. If I get advantage for the others being "bad guards": ... = 14. REROLL! = 17 / 22 now. Basing it off Bluff still gives +12.]

"We are simply interested in what you know about the people backing you, and that you disappear afterwards," Leah tries to imply that disappearing would a way out for him. Not that it actually is. He will disappear though. If he tries to lie by saying nothing about the Swords, she'll call him out on it, being so very, very disappointed. Let's hope that's enough.

[Bluff to make him believe her/get the info out of him: 1d20 +12 = 21. If advantage due to good guard/bad guard or other reasons: 29]
[Sense Motive to see if he's lying with his answers: 1d20 +9 = 15 (result doesn't change her course of action outlined earlier)]

[Hate-dice is gonna hate. ... the world needs more warm people!]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:48 pm

( thanks to the efforts of the 'bad cops' in the room, you do get advantage and the DC is pretty low =P )

He blurts out a stream of run-ons, obviously still scared for his life as his eyes dart erratically between the giant and the razorclawed shifter:

"We were just sent here to establish an outpost by the Brelish Swords of Liberty! The Citadel have been cracking down on our camps back on the continent so the higher ups decided to train operatives here on Xen'drik. There's another team establishing the training facility somewhere else. We're just here to serve as a rest and resupply stop for when recruits arrive!"

( he sounds genuinely scared out of his wits to all of you )
|

()

Return to “Game Threads”