Mission 3 - Sword Hunt (Feb 10 - Feb 15)

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 3 - Sword Hunt

Postby Kadi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:56 pm

"You're doing great. Just a little more and this whole unfortunate business will be over. I'm sure a resourceful man such as yourself can tell me something about that outpost, can't you?" Leah tries to string the poor sod further along. And whether that results in answers or not, she also tries to probe for where he comes from, or the name of his old "handler".

[Bluff: 1d20 +12 = 29/28]

While getting her answers, Leah asks the others telepathically if they have additional questions.
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:04 pm

"I just know it's somewhere near the shore!" He looks a little panicky. "They told us that's all we needed to know and that each group of recruits will bring information on when and where to meet people from the training camp! We're simply to provide recruits with a night's rest and have them haul enough supplies to keep the camp running. That's all I know I swear!"
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby skychan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:34 am

Koko pauses to listen carefully to see if there are any others either fleeing or taking untoward notice of things. Subsequently she will move to start carefully picking up her scattered Caltrops, they might be useful in the future and clearly she isn't needed above.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:06 pm

Drenched in the blood of his enemies, Gorin takes a deep breath, standing upright and stretching all four of his arms. He then walks over towards CB and stands next to Kadi, folding his arms.

Our orders were to eliminate them. All of them. Besides, this one knows what we all look like.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:26 pm

Goodberry sends "Ahz, can you have another Faerie Fire/Glitterdust ready? I'd like to try to use him to restore our wounds, but if he starts to get away I say we just blast him." Goodberry also moves into the room, placing himself between the target and the window. Adoett backs up a bit to leave a small path towards the door.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:31 pm

[Nobody's got anything else to ask? Fine. Let's finish this.]

'I know, Gorin, I've got this,' Leah calms the shifter via telepathy.

"Thank you," Leah keeps smiling at their prisoner. "Now I just need to know one last thing. If you can help me with that, our healer will see to you. Then this whole mess will be over for all of us. How do you and the recruits identify each other?" Leah asks the man about their contact and safety protocols (basically what you'd need to know to try and trick the coming groups), dangling the idea of healing and the end of the pain as bait in front of him.

[Bluff: 1d20 +12 = 19/19]

'Alright, Doc, all yours.' Leah walks around their prisoner, gently caressing his skin... while drawing her dagger with her other hand when she's sure he can't see it.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Koko collects most of the caltrops she scattered.

Looking a little calmer than before (but still shaken in fear) by Leah's assurances, the cell leader was about to talk, then held himself back as he stared back at Leah, realizing that something was wrong... (failed bluff) "you're not planning to heal me..." he then looks at the murderous stares of the other party members before his eyes widened in terror.

( since nobody else seem to have questions... moving forward )

Goodberry takes this as his cue as he moves up and drains life from the cell leader, sending him unconscious with the first touch and then slowly draining the life out of him (20HP available before death).

( Is there anything you'd like to do other than looting the bodies before leaving the house? )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:58 pm

"I'm really losing my touch," Leah complains. She takes the time to slit the throats of the victims of her mental assaults, regain her psionic foci and suggests to search and loot the house. Maybe they could find plans, orders or anything else useful she hadn't gotten out of her victim. Or just gold, items and supplies. Either worked for her, really. To help in that regard (and to not run into more trap trouble), Leah begins with manifesting Detect Psionics and slowly sweeping the building for traps both mundane and magical... after regaining the focus spent on that, too.

[Do we need active perception checks to search for items? In case we do, here: Perception 1d20 +13 = 23 /15]

With looting out of the way [unless the group votes to disappear into the night right away], the arm outside picked up and the bodies summarily thrown into the sea [since that was part of the mission, too], Leah offers she'll take the lead in reporting their success to Rusila ir'Clarn due to their acquaintanceship. Rusila should be very happy that the poor Brelish refugees she's been so worried about are safely taken care of... and about the chance to find and help those... stranded ones nearby, too!

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:13 am

|

()

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:44 pm

Ahz will vote for the boost to company reputation.

(150 GP deducted from Brilliant Planner to fund eye-repair because boosting the local economy is preferable to going to the Blood of Vol for help)

(Any of the loot have distinguishing features that we should work through a fence to get sell off?)
GM: no
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:10 pm

Goodberry is in favor of using company funds to restore Ahz's eyesight, and apologizes for not being able to do it himself.

Adoett abstains from voting so that a single player doesn't get to vote twice, and Adoett doesn't have any RP stake in the vote.

Goodberry would like to claim one of the potions of vanishing.

Adoett would like the Ring of Deflection but concedes it if anyone else requests it.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:25 pm

(Update: Used Brilliant Planner to repair eyesight because Batman Retcon Powers, will use company assets to restock that)
( Updated.)

(As for retrieving the goods, I have 3 castings of Mount available which should help resolve transporting them across town)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:19 pm

'It's okay Leah' Koko thinks up at her as she starts into the house, moving carefully in case there are any traps left behind before joining the rest. 'We can't all be superspies and courtesans, some of us have to settle for one or the other.' giving her a wink as she enters the room. "So did I miss anything really interesting?"

She will also go over to Goodberry and give him a quick hug watching his reaction curious to see how he responds to physical affection. "Thanks for the help during the fight, I appreciate you looking out for us."

When they do get to looking at the loot as it is Koko will enquire about getting that +1 Glamered Mithral Chain Shirt (4,800) for herself as, "It really would fit me quiet well, and help me fit in also. Unlike the majority of you I'm more likely to need something that lets me blend in..." Other than that she shows some interest in the Mwk Disguise Kit (7 uses) the Ring of Deflection +1 (2,000), and perhaps one of the three Cloak of Resistance +1 (1,000) that turn up. But none of those seem nearly as interesting or useful to her as the mithral shirt. She also is in favor of communal coin to restore Ahz's vision, as it only seems appropriate to do so. Oh and she favors the promotion during the upcoming week.
Last edited by skychan on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:06 am

Gorin doesn't have strong feelings about any of the loot other than the ring (since he's in combat a lot).

On the subject of favors, he thinks boosting the company's reputation is the better choice.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:15 am

Return to “Game Threads”